What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

unforgiven

Bench
I guess I'm guilty of being a little vague there... I meant you were condemned to not play FG for the WT.

Are you going to answer this question? Or are you going to continue to pretend you didn't see it? The area is first and foremost their responsibility, have they done a good job in managing the game there?

He won't answer this question, it puts a hole in his argument. This has been his ammo all through this debate.

elbusto

Coach
well he said this: "Over the last couple of years if you've been signed by the Magpies, it's basically condemned you to never play FG."

he was talking about the magpies nsw cup team. in 2010 wests tigers split the nrl contracted players between balmain & Magpies, but last year and the other years earlier they all went to balmain so he is right about those years, but only because all the fringe 1st graders and nrl contracted players who werent required for 1st grade went to balmain nsw cup team
I have been quietly watching this debate and I think it has two parts:

1. Disgruntled Magpie fans mourning the loss of their identity - I can sympathise with that but the Magpies ain't coming back. The question about how many games you get at Campbell Town is legitimate but I am yet to see the House Full sign at Campbell Town yet for the 4 games you already get there each year.

2. The slow death of Football in Campbell Town and surrounding Districts. Like others, I cannot believe what I am reading about the demise of the competitions there, particularly the Senior Comp. That has to be the Western Suburbs RLFC's responsibility and it must be their fault.

gronkathon

First Grade
No but they have been responsible for the junior leagues where the violence, poor organisation and agenda ridden iter club politicking is rife.

The Magpies have failed the Macarthur region and have done so for 25 years.

I am willing to give Wests Tigers a few years administering the junior leagues before I make judgement on their input

joejoe

Juniors
Do you have trouble comprehending?

They have never ran the junior leagues. Wests Junior League a separate, private company has wholey and solely run the Juniors out there.

meltiger

First Grade
So don't blame the Magpies when they have had no control of what has been going on.

Read the exchange in it's entirety.

We have several self interested people blaming WT for the areas problems, explain why the incompetents at Western Suburbs are absolved of responsibility because of a "rogue junior league" yet it is absoloutely Wests Tigers fault?

It did amuse me that Carr had no interest whatsoever in the State Cup side of things, as opposed to discussing the state of the local area but yet again, the issue of the twice failed Magpies gets raised as a demand.

Every single one of the demands could be met, in their entirety, bar the failpies issue, and it wouldn't be enough.

gronkathon

First Grade

They have never ran the junior leagues. Wests Junior League a separate, private company has wholey and solely run the Juniors out there.

So they don't run the Junior League and are not affiliated with the senior league? Is that what you are saying?

If so than why are we even discussing them as they have no part to play in the Macarthur?

unforgiven

Bench

What the hell do they do then, no wonder they're so keen on keeping the state cup, it's the only thing they do!

gronkathon

First Grade
The Senior Competition is managed by someone else
The Junior Competition is run by someone else
The money they put in the joint venture comes from two other parties
Wests Tigers now administrate the junior reps.

So yeah effectively it seems it is one State Cup side

meltiger

First Grade
:lol: What does the Magpies Football Club actually do?

Bitch and moan about Balmain, Camp Concord and how hard done by they are.

Have been doing it since an hour after the merger votes, & until the Magpie returns to the NRL, that's all they wll do.

adamkungl

Immortal
I honestly can't work out why they exist at all. They've managed to lose the local amateur seniors and juniors, and a day at any junior park football ground anywhere in Aus would draw more fans in total than a Magpies NSW Cup games.

Goodbye...

meltiger

First Grade
In fairness, a quirk in history got them. They have a strong past within the game and a strong part to play in the future as part of the JV, if they want to.

Had it all happened 10 years earlier, could very well have been your mob mate. Rubbish on the field, very few juniors etc etc

Stewie

Juniors
No but they have been responsible for the junior leagues where the violence, poor organisation and agenda ridden iter club politicking is rife

That's a very harsh call mate, do you even attend junior football games in Campbelltown and Liverpool or are you just making an assumption? I happen to attend alot of junior games in the area. There are always officials from Western Suburbs district present. They have rather strict rules in place regarding violence and it's certainly not tolerated. If Western Suburbs didn't ban you, the club would. I have never witnessed any violence. Not saying it's never happened but in that department Western Suburbs RL are doing a great job.

gronkathon

First Grade
I did up until 18 months ago when my nephew moved to Griffith so away from District. So yes I am speaking from about a decade of experience.

Last edited: