What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Joint Venture Is Broken

alien

Referee
WT don't need the money of those who don't fully support the club, so take your bat and ball and nick off back to NSW Cup.
if fully supporting the club is supporting them when they shit on the wests side of the joint venture and the macarthur area then damn right i dont fully support them

unforgiven

Bench
no i mean they piss on the wests side of the joint venture and the macarthur area which is where i come from

Well you are taking this personally, as you stated that they pissed on you not Wests.

Wests Tigers are in the process of trying to improve their precence in the region, how do you not see this? My theory is that you're blinded by your love of the Magpies.

murraymob

Coach
so for all you balmain lovers just what are west tigers going to do to support the mac cartur region

unforgiven

Bench
so for all you balmain lovers just what are west tigers going to do to support the mac cartur region

Sorry mate but im not a Balmain lover, im a Wests Tigers lover, but i'll answer anyway.

In the past couple of weeks they have announced:

They are setting up offices in the Macarthur region.

They have moved the supporters store to a more prominent location.

They have been into a heap of schools and ran coaching clinics in the area.

They are playing a trial at Campbelltown stadium, Leighardt never has trials.

They have also announced that they have arranged sponsorship for the entire junior leagues in Balmain and the Macarthur.

All within the last 3 weeks. Should this have happened earlier? yes. Is there more to do? hell yes. Is this a start in the right direction? Most definately.

murraymob

Coach
Sorry mate but im not a Balmain lover, im a Wests Tigers lover, but i'll answer anyway.

In the past couple of weeks they have announced:

They are setting up offices in the Macarthur region.

They have moved the supporters store to a more prominent location.

They have been into a heap of schools and ran coaching clinics in the area.

They are playing a trial at Campbelltown stadium, Leighardt never has trials.

They have also announced that they have arranged sponsorship for the entire junior leagues in Balmain and the Macarthur.

All within the last 3 weeks. Should this have happened earlier? yes. Is there more to do? hell yes. Is this a start in the right direction? Most definately.

sponsorship of the junior league is lip service unless money goes direct to the juniuor clubs and we know that will not happen
And how can it be west tigers if west cease to excist .It is a balmain take over.They should just come out and call them selves balmain

sponsorship of the junior league is lip service unless money goes direct to the juniuor clubs and we know that will not happen
And how can it be west tigers if west cease to excist .It is a balmain take over.They should just come out and call them selves balmain

That is rubbish. If they go to a Wests Tigers State Cup side, Balmain will cease to exist as well unless they step back into Bundy Cup.

How do you rationalise that WT becomes a Balmain takeover if both teams die at State Cup level?

unforgiven

Bench

Mate you have absolutly no idea. This has not been a takeover. The Wests Group has 50% representation on the board of the Wests Tigers.

As for the money not going to the junior clubs. Why would the junior clubs agree to have the sponsorship on their gear if they were not recieving anything for it?

Fordy20

Juniors

WTF has Dillon done to address the concerns of the three Group 6 clubs who refuse to participate in the WSDJRLC competition? What has Dillon done to reduce violence? What has Dillon done to support the clubs who felt their best option was to join Group 6 rather than be part of the senior competition in Campbelltown?

It's f**king ridiculous that you expect the Wests Tigers to ride in like White Knights and instantly fix everything that the WSRLFC has let go to rack and ruin in the past 15 years.

murraymob

Coach
WTF has Dillon done to address the concerns of the three Group 6 clubs who refuse to participate in the WSDJRLC competition? What has Dillon done to reduce violence? What has Dillon done to support the clubs who felt their best option was to join Group 6 rather than be part of the senior competition in Campbelltown?

It's f**king ridiculous that you expect the Wests Tigers to ride in like White Knights and instantly fix everything that the WSRLFC has let go to rack and ruin in the past 15 years.

all other clubs look after there junior boundrys why should west tigers be any different.They have known about the problems in the area for years.
When it suits them they dont seem to have a problem taking controll

murraymob

Coach
Mate you have absolutly no idea. This has not been a takeover. The Wests Group has 50% representation on the board of the Wests Tigers.

As for the money not going to the junior clubs. Why would the junior clubs agree to have the sponsorship on their gear if they were not recieving anything for it?

what clubs have agreed

unforgiven

Bench
what clubs have agreed

Mate the WSJRL have agreed. The sponsorship wouldnt have been announced if they hadnt of agreed.

On your other points I concede the Wests Tigers should have done something sooner, but they are doing something now. Wests have mismanaged the region for decades, the Wests Tigers ignored this fact for too long, but they are trying to rectify this.

chunk

Juniors
Wests Magpies are supposed to look after the Juniors in the Macarthur region as does Balmain in the Balmain district.

Wests were just too incompetent to handle this, now the Wests Tigers must take over which will take some time.

The whole Macarthur thing has been a balls up ever since Wests moved there.

Its one of two things . The Macarthur area is not the 'growth area' we have been told or the Magpies ****ed it up

unforgiven

Bench
Wests Magpies are supposed to look after the Juniors in the Macarthur region as does Balmain in the Balmain district.

Wests were just too incompetent to handle this, now the Wests Tigers must take over which will take some time.

The whole Macarthur thing has been a balls up ever since Wests moved there.

Its one of two things . The Macarthur area is not the 'growth area' we have been told or the Magpies ****ed it up

The Wests Tigers should have stepped in before now, but it is better late than never. The last couple of weeks have shown they have plans for the future.

The Wests Tigers should have stepped in before now, but it is better late than never. The last couple of weeks have shown they have plans for the future.

Wests Tigers are expected to spend time and money in Campbelltown and look after the juniors (which aren't even under their jurisdiction,) have more games at CSS, but Wests don't want to compromise in return (i.e. WT NSW Cup team.)

The Magpies can't have it both ways.

unforgiven

Bench
Wests Tigers are expected to spend time and money in Campbelltown and look after the juniors (which aren't even under their jurisdiction,) have more games at CSS, but Wests don't want to compromise in return (i.e. WT NSW Cup team.)

Mate I agree with you, but for the future of the club it is important that Wests Tigers gets the problems in the juniour leagues fixed. I believe they are in the process of doing this.

alien

Referee

why not? wests tigers also get the benefit of the juniors

why not? wests tigers also get the benefit of the juniors

And if they're not good enough to play the NRL, so does the Magpies, after having money and time invested in them from WT in NYC. You're not the brightest fellow are you? Read what I said again...

The juniors fall under WSJRL, not Wests Tigers. You cannot demand money, time and exposure from WT without giving anything in return. I cannot fathom how a WT State Cup team is a bad thing if they played out of Campbelltown but trained at Concord. The naked truth is that this hoopla surrounding the Magpies is about the bird, not the kids.

What I and others have been discussing, it's a thing called compromise, a word I'm not so sure is in your vocabulary. You want it all your way and you don't care who gets trampled on in the process.

Latest posts