What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Langer era: ODI 24-22, T20 24-2-22 Tests 15-5-7

TheParraboy

Staff member
He did earn it, in the shield 2017/18 & Country cricket 2018.

We have the ashes coming up, form in England seems pretty relevant to me. This is the mistake we continually make in England, not picking guys who are used to the conditions & bowlers who can exploit the conditions.

No he didnt earn it. Renshaw was terrible leading into the ashes series last year, Woeful actually

When the aussie side was in South Africa in Feb/March, and the 2nd batch of Shield games were underway he did ok, including a century in the final, earning a recall to the 4th test v SA in SA on the back of that

Again this year he is going crap, in 10 innings one 50 only!!, and that 50 was in a match where MMarsh made 150, Bosisto made 150no, Nesser 50, Jye Richardson 50...... in a drawn match

5 Shield matches
14, 27, 2, 16, 21, 6, 89, 21, 3, 0

Current form Indian bowlers crucify him

TheParraboy

Staff member
Subsequently, he did score three tons in England though and was red hot before breaking his finger.

been poo since really inc Aust A and Shield

I have mentioned this before, someone like Maxwell is by passing the IPL (and a lot of money) to try and get on the ashes tour via county cricket, and also Shield

Got a feeling as with Renshaw, the coach may prefer other personalities in the team rather than good runs.

If he keeps persisting with Finch and Mitch Marsh etc...then the coach needs to get the boot

No he didnt earn it. Renshaw was terrible leading into the ashes series last year, Woeful actually

When the aussie side was in South Africa in Feb/March, and the 2nd batch of Shield games were underway he did ok, including a century in the final, earning a recall to the 4th test v SA in SA on the back of that

Again this year he is going crap, in 10 innings one 50 only!!, and that 50 was in a match where MMarsh made 150, Bosisto made 150no, Nesser 50, Jye Richardson 50...... in a drawn match

5 Shield matches
14, 27, 2, 16, 21, 6, 89, 21, 3, 0

Current form Indian bowlers crucify him

I wasn’t saying he’d earned a recall for the Ashes last year, I’m saying his form in England county cricket should be taken into consideration for the Ashes this year.

We need guys who know those conditions.

He also should’ve played in the UAE instead of Finch.

been poo since really inc Aust A and Shield

I have mentioned this before, someone like Maxwell is by passing the IPL (and a lot of money) to try and get on the ashes tour via county cricket, and also Shield

Got a feeling as with Renshaw, the coach may prefer other personalities in the team rather than good runs.

If he keeps persisting with Finch and Mitch Marsh etc...then the coach needs to get the boot

Langer appears all about mateship.

Loves his sandgropers & there was a quote this week talking about how great Finch is around the team.

I hate this nonsense where some guys can’t get a look in.

Revealing piece by Mark Taylor admitting he wants Mitch Marsh to succeed because he’s known him since he was a young boy.

This goes to the mates club aspect that’s been talked about. Guaranteed that Langer, Lehmann & others feel/felt the same way.

Obviously we pretty much knew this, but interesting to see it put to paper.

47756BD8-A6B7-4B83-AC5C-8B8573A5A090.jpeg

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricke...have-locked-in-for-ashes-20190102-p50p8t.html

Tommy Smith

Referee
That last portion should read:

"Marcus Stoinis is NOT an all rounder, has limited potential, and should never be given a look in the Test side.

Further to my point, Mr Stoinis averages 33 in First Class cricket with the bat with a meagre 4 centuries to his name.

Such figures have led to Stoinis being referred to as the Australian Collins Obuya, due to those figures likeness to the Kenyan legend.

As to his bowling prowess, the 'would be' replacement for the Big Bison at no.6 has 53 First Class wickets @ 42. Not since John Howard visited India has someone looked so unthreatening with the ball.

In conclusion, Marcus Labuschtoinis is a poor man's Colin de Grandhomme in the longer format and no self respecting Australian would ever consider him a legitimate option in the Test arena given his first class performances to date."

Last edited:

TheParraboy

Staff member
I wasn’t saying he’d earned a recall for the Ashes last year, I’m saying his form in England county cricket should be taken into consideration for the Ashes this year.

We need guys who know those conditions.

He also should’ve played in the UAE instead of Finch.

The UAE is an interesting one, he was concussed due to being struck in the head in the warm up game prior. I think this was the main reason he was left out of the 1st test over there (plus he didnt do well in 3 x Aust A games either). When we drew the first test, they simply kept the same side for the 2nd test

I like Renshaw a lot, love him to be our long term opener. But as with the ashes, and also this season, the 4-5 Shield games prior he has been terrible. Its not like he has brownie points from past test performances up his sleeve. Hope he can kill it in Shield coming up and be in the ashes squad. Will be a bit harder if Warner is selected