What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

nko11

Juniors
Why do you guys get so upset about people being called out for posting absolute garbage?
I actually don't think it's garbage at all. It's clearly cracked some level of media interest in Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth. I mean they're starting their whole competition in Northern states and anyone from those states wondering why, will see it is because of the NRL in Vegas. Not crazy to think some will tune in, even if it is just to see if it's a failure like some are hoping. Especially with Reach being the main measurement now, wouldn't surprise if we see a decent bump in non heartlands state viewing figures. I guess we will see though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Absolute garbage depends on how you look at it.

Do I think it will happen? no

There is no AFL on that week and you have a top AFL journo discussing it on Melbourne radio.

That is possible to rate well. Especially with the new 1 minute viewing
He didnt say it will rate 'well' he said "Nrl ratings in afl states will be massive for this event" given one of the games is on PTV so likely to attract about 2% of the countries population at most watching it do you really think it will be 'massive' and why? We could see an above avg PTV rating due to novelty factor.
I think it will pick up some casual interest as an event in same way Origin or GF does, but not being on the main channel in AFL states it wont be 'massive'. Again apologies for the reality check, I know others find reality a bit confrontational.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I actually don't think it's garbage at all. It's clearly cracked some level of media interest in Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth. I mean they're starting their whole competition in Northern states and anyone from those states wondering why, will see it is because of the NRL in Vegas. Not crazy to think some will tune in, even if it is just to see if it's a failure like some are hoping. Especially with Reach being the main measurement now, wouldn't surprise if we see a decent bump in non heartlands state viewing figures. I guess we will see though.
Would need to be on main channel to get any major uplift. We've seen in perth that audiences for NRL event games go up from 10k to 100k when on main channel. On secondary channel it will be always rate much much lower. I dont watch FTA so cant say if Ch9 or NRL has been doing any tv promotion in AFL states? Then theres KO time in WA 11.30am and 1.30pm. Hardly ratings winner slots.

Iamback

Coach

Funny you mention AFL.

They are starting their season in Sydney, They are against 1 NRL game that week.

They would expect to get a few new fans from that, That is reality

Maximus

Coach
Absolute garbage depends on how you look at it.

Do I think it will happen? no

There is no AFL on that week and you have a top AFL journo discussing it on Melbourne radio.

That is possible to rate well. Especially with the new 1 minute viewing

It's 1:30pm and 3:30pm on a Sunday afternoon. We aren't talking primetime with no competition here.

nko11

Juniors
Would need to be on main channel to get any major uplift. We've seen in perth that audiences for NRL event games go up from 10k to 100k when on main channel. On secondary channel it will be always rate much much lower. I dont watch FTA so cant say if Ch9 or NRL has been doing any tv promotion in AFL states?
Is it 100% confirmed it's not on 9's main channel. Can't imagine there'd be much on at 12:30pm on Perth TV that would supersede live sport.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is it 100% confirmed it's not on 9's main channel. Can't imagine there'd be much on at 12:30pm on Perth TV that would supersede live sport.
Alas that doesnt seem to matter to Ch9! Some of the sht they show on a Sunday afternoon here instead of the NRL game beggars belief. Home of Rugby League and all that!

Vlad59

Juniors
Being realistic isn't being negative lol. Putting out fanciful statements with no real reason or evidence why is just delusional.
I’m talking about posters here who claim to be realists but only ever focus on the negative. Quite a difference.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’m talking about posters here who claim to be realists but only ever focus on the negative. Quite a difference.
Again its not negative to be realistic. It only seems negative if you believe in outlandish positive opinions that have little bases in reality.

Maximus

Coach
These sad buggers call themselves ‘realists’ but only ever see the negative.

So next time some moron on here posts that we are going to get 10s of millions of people in America watching, it's the people who say that won't happen that are in the wrong?

Vlad59

Juniors
So next time some moron on here posts that we are going to get 10s of millions of people in America watching, it's the people who say that won't happen that are in the wrong?
I’m talking specifically about posters like yourself who very rarely if ever do anything but mock the opinions of others and rarely if ever have a good word to say about the game.

Latest posts