What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

Canard

Immortal
They tune in for Origin, The new system means only need to be 62 secs and it counts as a person watched all game
It's all relative. This change won't suddenly mean our game gets extra ratings that others don't.

Other programs (Bluey etc) will have this uplift also.

Has anyone said that Advertisers would care about Reach compared to actual "viewers"? @The_Wookie ?

Iamback

Coach
It's all relative. This change won't suddenly mean our game gets extra ratings that others don't.

Other programs (Bluey etc) will have this uplift also.

Has anyone said that Advertisers would care about Reach compared to actual "viewers"? @The_Wookie ?

Yes a group of guys watching the cricket are going to turn on Bluey in the Tea break

If that is the agreed system, why wouldn't they

Canard

Immortal
Yes a group of guys watching the cricket are going to turn on Bluey in the Tea break

If that is the agreed system, why wouldn't they
Everyone is going to get the commensurate uplift, it won't suddenly mean our game gets a huge uptake over and above others.

Valheru

Coach
They tune in for Origin, The new system means only need to be 62 secs and it counts as a person watched all game
No that's not true

They still release the traditional average audience, they just rank the programs based on reach

While average audience numbers will still be available, OzTAM will rank the data in its new VOZ Total TV reports by the national reach of the programs.

In most cases I would think the rankings of reach and average audience would be the same. Something like the SB which provides a lot of casual curiosity in this market would be an exception.

Vlad59

Juniors
No that's not true

They still release the traditional average audience, they just rank the programs based on reach

While average audience numbers will still be available, OzTAM will rank the data in its new VOZ Total TV reports by the national reach of the programs.

In most cases I would think the rankings of reach and average audience would be the same. Something like the SB which provides a lot of casual curiosity in this market would be an exception.
You might want to check the ratings thread. I don’t think that’s the case. It looks like a dog’s breakfast from this point on

Vlad59

Juniors
No that's not true

And reach is nothing like average. It’s not even close. Check the superbowl ratings. The difference was huge

Valheru

Coach
And reach is nothing like average. It’s not even close. Check the superbowl ratings. The difference was huge
I'm not saying the number is the same, I'm saying the rankings would be similar regardless of which metric you used. Something like the SB that has a large intrigue factor would be the exception.

Take tuesday for example

The top 3 is the top 3 on either metric, albeit in a slightly different order.

Wb1234

Referee
Lol, the thing is if we gave them a piece, they wouldn't care. But as soon as they know You're worth a gazillion they think it's time to bite.
I know who you are talking about lol
No that's not true

Afl probably complained about ratings data making then look bad

reach will probably favour: fumblers

Munky

Coach
Obviously Oztam and the FTA networks/Foxtel know that they are getting a massive decrease in time consumed among 16 to 35 year olds compared to a generation ago.

The ratings agency and the networks have a symbiotic relationship and together came up with the concept of 'reach' in order to boost the number they can use to try and get a slice of corporate advertising budgets.

Google/streamers know their exact ratings and demographic metrics. Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/Valve/Apple/Google know how many people are playing what video game and for how long plus getting a 30% cut of sales and micro transactions.

The change to reach is the breathing becoming laboured from an increasing irrelevant entertainment delivery method and its suppliers.

Vlad59

Juniors
No that's not true

Depends on how the regional markets are counted which, I think, is the point Wookie raised. Also, for the football codes AFL going for a much longer period of time will pick up extra reach figures which I’m sure they are happy about. I’d hate to think that’s an excuse for us to move to quarters as the game should be played in halves. We will see.

Vlad59

Juniors
Obviously Oztam and the FTA networks/Foxtel know that they are getting a massive decrease in time consumed among 16 to 35 year olds compared to a generation ago.

The ratings agency and the networks have a symbiotic relationship and together came up with the concept of 'reach' in order to boost the number they can use to try and get a slice of corporate advertising budgets.

Google/streamers know their exact ratings and demographic metrics. Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo/Valve/Apple/Google know how many people are playing what video game and for how long plus getting a 30% cut of sales and micro transactions.

The change to reach is the breathing becoming laboured from an increasing irrelevant entertainment delivery method and its suppliers.
This

Iamback

Coach
Depends on how the regional markets are counted which, I think, is the point Wookie raised. Also, for the football codes AFL going for a much longer period of time will pick up extra reach figures which I’m sure they are happy about. I’d hate to think that’s an excuse for us to move to quarters as the game should be played in halves. We will see.

your last paragraph is why I have no issue with Vegas, If the game can get money from overseas like cricket has done it can offset the potential hit with this new system

Iamback

Coach

Which is why Kayo's numbers not counting those who watch on delay is frustrating. They'd know exactly who clicks on the tile yet they aren't counted

taste2taste

Juniors
The All Blacks will play Fiji in July in San Diego ( Snapdragon stadium, capacity 35k )

It will be interesting to see how Union promote this game compared to the NRL

Latest posts