What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

taste2taste

Juniors
“Major League Rugby couldn't be further from rugby league. Not only is it a 15-man code, it is the name of the rugby union league in the United States and Canada, which was founded in 2017.”

Yes, they are the Rugby Union League. We are the Rugby League Premiership. Why is that so hard for first timers to get it? Its not that hard…..

Seriously, i will never get over how bad RLs branding is

(i reread my post and it genuinely sounds like a bad skit; “whos on first, whats on second”)
Aaron Woods said on the weekend players were given instructions not to correct Americans this year. In years 2 and 3 we can try to teach the differences in codes but year 1 and 2 is about getting a foot in the door.

For example, Woods was interviewed at half time during a Raiders game on Fox Sports, he had 1 minute of prime time, the interviewer referred to it as rugby. Can you imagine if Woods had tried to correct her ? He would have lost the minute of prime time getting bogged down in pedantics that Americans couldn't give a toss about.

Aaron Woods said on the weekend players were given instructions not to correct Americans this year. In years 2 and 3 we can try to teach the differences in codes but year 1 and 2 is about getting a foot in the door.

For example, Woods was interviewed at half time during a Raiders game on Fox Sports, he had 1 minute of prime time, the interviewer referred to it as rugby. Can you imagine if Woods had tried to correct her ? He would have lost the minute of prime time getting bogged down in pedantics that Americans couldn't give a toss about.

Pfft it is a bandaid on a structural weakness.

you are right that we get bogged down in the detail if we debate but the alternative is giving a boost to Union. It is lose-lose.

And the great plan is just “ok, lets get bogged down in the details next time…”

The obvious solution is just a better branding plan. They should have either gone 100% on selling the “NRL Football” brand or we pick something similar to represent the sport as a whole (like “RLK Football”; what does the K stand for? Who gives a sh*t, all that matter is that we dont automatically get bogged in the details)

I wonder if Manly or any of the other clubs are doing this?

65e4fc1fdb20a.jpg

MugaB

Coach
I wonder if Manly or any of the other clubs are doing this?

65e4fc1fdb20a.jpg
Yes, Matty johns show said last night that some lucky winner for some comp, was to get a signed roosters and manly helmet, due to those two teams winning yesterday, so i suppose they had made bronx and souffs ones too

shewi6

Juniors
Pay wall. Can anyone post the article?

Las Vegas double header delivers all-time NRL TV ratings winner
The NRL’s venture into Las Vegas has turned into a television ratings bonanza. Check out all the figures from the historic double header.

Fox League has celebrated record results as the Las Vegas double header delivered all-time ratings for the channel, trumping free-to-air broadcaster Channel 9.

The NRL’s venture into Las Vegas turned into a television ratings bonanza for Fox League with the season-opening Sea Eagles-Rabbitohs and Roosters-Broncos matches at Allegiant Stadium the most-watched games on Fox League to date.

Manly’s 36-24 win over South Sydney pulled in a remarkable 838,000 viewers on TV screens and on Fox Sports’ streaming service Kayo.

The second match of the Las Vegas footy fest — the Roosters’ 20-10 win over the Broncos —delivered a double win for Fox League beating free-to-air broadcaster Channel 9.

Fox League had 786,000 people tune into the Roosters and Broncos clash compared to Channel 9’s 784,000 viewers on Sunday night.

“We all live in hope that a wonderful concept and great effort by many will be rewarded but there’s no better feeling than when the reality arrives in record numbers,” Fox Sports executive director Steve Crawley said.

“What a ripper. What a result.

“The best~ever Fox League NRL match numbers and unbelievably delivered from the other side of the world. Plus best ever Matty Johns Show ratings. And this is just the beginning.”

Yes, Matty johns show said last night that some lucky winner for some comp, was to get a signed roosters and manly helmet, due to those two teams winning yesterday, so i suppose they had made bronx and souffs ones too
Commentary team mentioned that both winning teams were doing it

Yeah I went an looked over on the Memorabilia website. Cost is nearly AU $1,500 :eek:

Apey

Staff member
Hate that we lost, but I've thoroughly enjoyed reading through twitter at Americans loving the game and AFL fans desperately replying with "wait until you see AFL". Good advice actually, wait a long long long time.
Haha I saw some of these tweets. The absolute delusion.