What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

Canard

Immortal
Appearing on a late night talk show might have been a good idea 15 or 20 years ago where Letterman, Leno and O'Brien were still there. Not sure if Colbert, Kimmel and Fallon have a similar sway of influence nowadays.

Maybe Jackman and Crowe should go on the Joe Rogan Experience instead.
Yep, As much as a cooked unit Joe is these days, his podcast has 10 times the reach of Jimmy Fallon. And so do a lot of other podcasts, like Adam Carolla etc.

T.S Quint

Coach
Crowe is a B-list actor now. Hugh Jackman would be C-list. Nobody listens to them.
Margot Robbie would be the A-lister. Where is she from? Who does she support?

F3D6lgmbUAAQgrg

She has suddenly become a lot less attractive for some reason.

T.S Quint

Coach
I think the Aussie media may be slightly overestimating Rusty's sway in the US market these days. Last time I saw him in something he was in a fat suit driving around for 90 minutes while acting road ragey with a bunch of co-stars I've never seen before or since.

He wasn't wearing a fat suit.

Wb1234

Immortal
Appearing on a late night talk show might have been a good idea 15 or 20 years ago where Letterman, Leno and O'Brien were still there. Not sure if Colbert, Kimmel and Fallon have a similar sway of influence nowadays.

Maybe Jackman and Crowe should go on the Joe Rogan Experience instead.
Get volk involved promoting it

already many ufc fighters have been to nrl training sessions

Dana white too

Munky

Coach
Insomniac gambling addict Americans I'm sure can't wait to have a niche Australian sport to bet on.

Hopefully the Aussie Dollar gets a bit stronger against the US.

Lets be honest, we would be ripping piss out of the AFL if they did something similiar.
Of course we would because their game looks like a jumbled mess to foreign eyes. Our game is more relatable to the Yanks because it‘s not a giant leap from ours to theirs. I know you have your reservations about this venture and for good reason but I’m happy to go along for the ride. Relax and enjoy the good ship rugbah loig and all the f**k ups that will accompany her.

Wb1234

Immortal
They went to China.

At least with Vegas it's basically another planet but in a good way.

Compared to Beijing.
Nz too

afl had a crack at International markets and failed

now it’s our turn

it’s terms of appealing to na audiences the Toronto Wolfpack had the highest club rugby crowds

The Partisan

Personally would have preferred to have had another team with a major city / region in its title rather than suburban Manly - Warringah.

South Sydney v Melbourne (or NQC or GCT) has more relevance on an international stage.

London based football / soccer clubs such as Chelsea or Tottenham Hotspur have more global appeal than our suburban equivalents...even then I'd argue a Manchester United v Liverpool would attract more neutrals / newbies to a game.

An NRLW exhibition game would have been good too. Maybe one for the future. Ditto youth / U20's.

As for the actual event itself, post activity progression and promoting of the code is an absolute must. This is the area that concerns me the most. Not a great track record here.

NSWRL games were played in Western Australia in the mid 80's. Nearly 40 years later we still don't have a team over there. Let's not repeat this scenario.
(Acknowledgement of the Western Reds days of course)

Canard

Immortal
Of course we would because their game looks like a jumbled mess to foreign eyes. Our game is more relatable to the Yanks because it‘s not a giant leap from ours to theirs. I know you have your reservations about this venture and for good reason but I’m happy to go along for the ride. Relax and enjoy the good ship rugbah loig and all the f**k ups that will accompany her.

It's a worry when our boss can only come up with "we might be able to get some Yanks to gamble money" as a reason to play a game there.

Pneuma

First Grade
It's a worry when our boss can only come up with "we might be able to get some Yanks to gamble money" as a reason to play a game there.
Is that a direct quote? You used quotation marks after all. Or is this just your negative view of this project?

Canard

Immortal
Is that a direct quote? You used quotation marks after all. Or is this just your negative view of this project?

'You're just negative" is a childish arguement.

What are the positives? Long term benefits

Latest posts