What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

Wb1234

Referee
Sure... but that's not going to end up in WCC becoming part of Vegas. The games are already set and part of league seasons in the respective competitions. If any of the four teams involved in the NRL or the two SL teams are champions, I think we'll find that the WCC just won't happen.

I just remembered the nrl games are for points so your probably right they couldn’t reschedule those nrl games later

Steel Saints

Juniors
So the opening game of the season will kick off on Sunday March 1, 11am in Sydney, 10am in Brisbane. Is Fox happy with it?

Pretty odd timeslot.

And why is the women's test scheduled in between two NRL games?

final say

Juniors
Would be good if the USA v Canada was one of the games.

Last year they played it an hour out of Vegas in front of a 3k crowd.

I mean, if the NRL is serious about growing the game in the USA why wouldn't you have USA as one of the games ?
The NRL are serious about growing the NRL, a growth of Rugby league in the USA is a bonus.

yakstorm

First Grade
So the opening game of the season will kick off on Sunday March 1, 11am in Sydney, 10am in Brisbane. Is Fox happy with it?

Pretty odd timeslot.

Most likely its because of Channel 9. Nine has the rights to the Jillaroos Test & the later game. Nine wouldn't care about the earlier NRL game as its a Fox property.

final say

Juniors
To make sure that half the crowd doesn't arrive late or bugger off early, which is what would happen if it was the first or last game. I think they have over cooked this.
Kinda agree. Add 1 or the other first would have been wise. The Super league game then next year you could add the woman's.

Fangs

Coach
I just remembered the nrl games are for points so your probably right they couldn’t reschedule those nrl games later

Probably cancelled. Shame because I like the concept.

If any of those Vegas teams win the competition then a trip to England followed by Vegas would be absolute hell (Or a trip to Australia for an English club).

shadowformz

Juniors

Pretty odd timeslot.

To make sure that half the crowd doesn't arrive late or bugger off early, which is what would happen if it was the first or last game. I think they have over cooked this.

Diesel

Referee

Pretty odd timeslot.

It’s more for the NZ audience which would be 2pm. But I think the NRL games should be back to back as the last game and the Warriors/Raiders at 4pm NZ time