What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

Iamback

Coach
Is the issue ticket sales or filling the stadium? It's illogical that the same fans will return in 2025 so I assume it's about the appearance of a full stadium for the broadcasters. Give the nose-bleed tickets away at the buffets all over town and contract AC/DC for the halftimes. Who knows what really transpired with the Hollywood grandees but personally, Crowe and Jackman are anything but essential except to be used in advertising. Surely the Fox mafioso can rustle-up (no pun intended) some glitterati.

Stadium Members get free entry.

There would be other tickets set aside that wouldn't be counted.

It will be full enough to look decent enough on TV and can grow from there

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why do you want it to fail?
I dont, but in regards to actually growing RL in USA my opinion is its a waste of time.
If it does what vlandys is aiming to do, bring in more gambling revenue then meh, probably worth it.

Canard

Immortal
Is the issue ticket sales or filling the stadium? It's illogical that the same fans will return in 2025 so I assume it's about the appearance of a full stadium for the broadcasters. Give the nose-bleed tickets away at the buffets all over town and contract AC/DC for the halftimes. Who knows what really transpired with the Hollywood grandees but personally, Crowe and Jackman are anything but essential except to be used in advertising. Surely the Fox mafioso can rustle-up (no pun intended) some glitterati.
Agreed filling the stadium is the real objective.

Ticket sales are somewhat irrelevant, the NRL should be giving a shitload of tickets away, have a pokie machine paying out tickets on the strip

I agree about Crowe and Jackman not being hugely relevant to the NRL but the selection of the teams seemed to be solely based around them.

Iamback

Coach
Agreed filling the stadium is the real objective.

Ticket sales are somewhat irrelevant, the NRL should be giving a shitload of tickets away, have a pokie machine paying out tickets on the strip

I agree about Crowe and Jackman not being hugely relevant to the NRL but the selection of the teams seemed to be solely based around them.

I know that myth is pushed in the media.

Souffs has played Leeds over there before. Have Can

Scott Penn lives in US as much as here

So I think both would of been in without Crowe and Jackman

Canard

Immortal
I know that myth is pushed in the media.

Souffs has played Leeds over there before. Have Can
What?

Scott Penn lives in US as much as here

So I think both would of been in without Crowe and Jackman
With all due respect to Scott Penn, he isn't going to provide much publicity for the game.

Iamback

Coach
What?

With all due respect to Scott Penn, he isn't going to provide much publicity for the game.

Sorry have Cannon-Brooks as an owner.

Yes but Penn can get a box. Fill it with Business types and help himself out, which is why Manly would of been more willing than others.

That would of played a part in it. Most clubs I think would of been luke warm to the idea, They can now watch how it plays out logistically and will be more keen.

So I think these 4 and likely Melbourne would of been the most keen and got the start.

Iamback

Coach
You learn from the mistakes of the past and try to improve on it. I just hope with 3 months to go it sells out, so we can keep you shut for a awhile, with your nonsense

USA played Jamica in a test a couple of days ago.

They will be the ones to benefit most from this