What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Las Vegas Thread

Again though the AFLW runs until December,
Cricket manages to play safely

I'd look to mirror the AFLW season timing

Twilight games in Spring aren't normally too bad, certainly better than March days that we get early rounds of the season.

That allows to actually generate some interest. Particularly as those months are quiet for sport

Cricket does not have anywhere near the constant aerobic demands that rugby league does.

Secondly, the AFLW doesn't play games regularly in Townsville. I'd pity the Cowboys NRLW team being asked to play in the the hottest and wettest part of the years when they are at home, let alone its opponents.

Iamback

Coach
Cricket does not have anywhere near the constant aerobic demands that rugby league does.

Secondly, the AFLW doesn't play games regularly in Townsville. I'd pity the Cowboys NRLW team being asked to play in the the hottest and wettest part of the years when they are at home, let alone its opponents.

All valid points but how does that comp grow in the current format?

colly

Juniors
Still I think a extra (2) games to make the tip worthwhile
Also this regards US betting a SMH story.

Consider:
A Second/Reserve/Under comp of professionals all on the same contract say 100k with teams Australia, NZ, PNG, Fiji and West Coast USA (* leave super league to get the Canadian? New State East Coast) Make it divisional ( like NFL) which cuts down air travel. Reserve a finals spot ( 8th) for the overall Reserve Comp Grand Final Winner, then the code is really going somewhere

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why would anyone by the nrl pass if they can watch it free on the bookies streaming? I thought nrls last hope of making a buck out of this was selling more nrl pases?

emesssea

Juniors
Why would anyone by the nrl pass if they can watch it free on the bookies streaming? I thought nrls last hope of making a buck out of this was selling more nrl pases?

I thought in situation like this you place a bet to access it? So non-gamblers would still subscribe if thats true?

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
Same reason people still buy an NBA League Pass or NFL+ in Australia, despite the fact that the TAB & other bookmakers offer it through their service.

Its catering for different audiences & as others have said, you have to be betting in some way to get access to it.

ash the bash

Juniors
I think for next year its keep it simple as far as NRL is concerned.

We got 40K this year, lets aim for 50K next year and increased exposure for American market. We had 15K Aussie's travelling lets aim for 20K next year potentially more if the Wah's are one of the teams.

Only tweak I would make would be maybe having 3 games including 2 big English clubs (Wigan, Leeds etc..) for the first game. I was surprised by the number of English I met in Vegas, majority of jersey's I saw were Hull FC and Wigan. Met Leeds and a Salford fan at the fan fest too.

I think for next year its keep it simple as far as NRL is concerned.

We got 40K this year, lets aim for 50K next year and increased exposure for American market. We had 15K Aussie's travelling lets aim for 20K next year potentially more if the Wah's are one of the teams.

Only tweak I would make would be maybe having 3 games including 2 big English clubs (Wigan, Leeds etc..) for the first game. I was surprised by the number of English I met in Vegas, majority of jersey's I saw were Hull FC and Wigan. Met Leeds and a Salford fan at the fan fest too.

I think the english fans came as flights to the US would be far cheaper, and take less travel time, than a trip to Australia would be. Most UK league fans acknowledge that the NRL is a higher standard, across the board, than the UK SL.