What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Last Boody Straw - I Hate Win And Channel 9

elbusto

Coach
:crazy::crazy::crazy:
For the last three weeks we have got the World Cup at 8.30 on Sunday nights here in Tassie. Tonight for the Semi - 10.30.

What on earth is happening? How did the ARL allow this to happen? Who is accountable for this decision? Who in the ARL is receiving performance based pay for the debacle of allowing Channel 9 ruin its coverage of this game.

I hate WIN Television. I hate Channel 9. I have written to tell them. F@@@ you whoever is repsonsible for this.:x:x

atleast you have been able to watch most world cup games at 2030, here in adelaide we get sweet f**k all until 1030 for all games

Yngwie_70

Juniors
I
NRL.com livestreaming. Has gotten me through this WC.

I do agree that the games (some of them at least) should have been live. But 9 obviously felt that the ratings are not what they could get with their exisiting line up. Please don't offer stupid lines like " They just want to bury league in favour of AFL" 9 do not have the AFL! They would not air a TV show which receive lower ratings out of spite. IT JUST ISN'T RATING!!!!

How many f**kin ads were there? And how sh*t is Ray Warren for RL?

"A crowd of 8 or 9 thousand" what a goose. How many games of footy has he been to at that stadium and he still has NFI.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
I

I do agree that the games (some of them at least) should have been live. But 9 obviously felt that the ratings are not what they could get with their exisiting line up. Please don't offer stupid lines like " They just want to bury league in favour of AFL" 9 do not have the AFL! They would not air a TV show which receive lower ratings out of spite. IT JUST ISN'T RATING!!!!

Is that right?

You mean 9 wouldn't put an AFL show on and not give RL one on the same station that actually has the rights to the game?

And the ratings would be a whole lot better if 9 actually put some work into it.

We had commentators out here for all the nations, yet we got stuck with the same idiots we get stuck with each week during the season.

When the Cricket is on, they use commentators from other countries, it adds to it, yet 9 won't do this for RL.

9 got the ratings it deserved.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Last week after the PNG/Aus game, they had the interviews and the MOTM awards.

I was listening to the Manly winger and half way through the interview, they went to an ad, during an ad they cut back to the League for 1 second.
When they finally went back to the footy after about 10 frigging ads, they were interviewing Stanley Gene from PNG and I missed out on what he was saying except for the last 5 words :x

It was a delayed f**king game, how the hell do they manage to stuff everything up?

It was piss poor.

The Tank

Bench
Colon Love? Sounds gay :)

"Not that there's anything wrong with that..."

images

Tommax25

Bench
I

well if thats what 9 thought then they shouldnt have bloody promised inb such grandoise manner that all super group games and finals would be live! FFS, its simple. you promise something and you deliver. everyone would have been happy. but no, they had to be dicks about it. If they had said nothgin about being live and then not shown them live people would not have been as pissed off. the thing that has gotten to me most is that they said one thing and blatently did another and packed in as many ads as they could....and put on sh*t shows and movies that could easily be put on afterwards (like the nz v paupa game I think where it started at 10:30 in sydney so some movie could be shown from 8:30-10:30...WHYYYYYY? AND THE AD IN BETWEEN A VIDEO REF DECISION FARRRRRR OUTTTTTT GET f**kED CHANNEL NINE).

so yeah, I'm pretty pissed off at the corverage of this world cup and nines behaviour. I felt I needed this concluding paragraph because I felt it was uncleas how I felt.

Latest posts