What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The last time the Bunnies beat the Rooters?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
yobbo84 said:
1994.. and what a match is was... Vaea Taliai and his swan dives! How good was that bloke?

Who can forget Rabs.. "Taliai slices through the Roosters defence like a hot knife through butter."

That was on our way to 7 in a row... then 6 straight losses. Good old Souths.

C'mon the bunnies!

I remember that game, I think Jacin Sinclar also scored a funny one too. Poke his tongue will scoring.

Souths had a good year in 1994, won the Tooheys Challenge against the Broncos.

gregstar

Referee
yeah they had an ok year

however they unearthed craig field that year from memory - that cancels it out

Mr Saab

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
I remember that game, I think Jacin Sinclar also scored a funny one too. Poke his tongue will scoring.

Souths had a good year in 1994, won the Tooheys Challenge against the Broncos.

that he did and he got into trouble (minor BS) for poking the tongue out.
The rabbits won alot of friday night games that yr.
Souths beat the broncos 27-26 in a memorable tooheys challenge.

Grail

Juniors
The Bunnies are specials. For me, the Roosters don't have any heart. If the Bunnies get in front of them, they'll fold. Rabbitohs by 18.

I also want the Knights to get the Wooden spoon. :lol:

--> Grail

Anyday the Roosters get beat its a good day but if they win the knights have assuredly got the spoon.

Undecided who to cheer for.

Seano

Juniors
The game will also host the unveiling of a new Burrow Banner.

Its gunna be massive and should look awesome

DIEHARD

----
Seano said:

The one that has been in work for the last few weeks/months?

Good to see the hard work pay off! Go the Burrow!!!!

MattJ

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
The one that has been in work for the last few weeks/months?

Good to see the hard work pay off! Go the Burrow!!!!

That very 1!
Worked out perfectly that the 1st game we had it ready for was our traditional rivals.... a lotta work went into this, its gonna be awesome to finally unveil it.

DIEHARD

----
MattJ said:
That very 1!
Worked out perfectly that the 1st game we had it ready for was our traditional rivals.... a lotta work went into this, its gonna be awesome to finally unveil it.

I can't wait! I have heard a lot about it and I am looking forward to seeing it.

And isn't it great to unveil it off the back of such fantastic form and at a huge game!

GO BUNNIES!!

Brutus said:
I'm struggling to remember. Over 10 years possibly?

This could be a big weekend for Souths fans as they finally get one up on their greedy neighbours.

Their greedy neighbours? Are you aware of the history between the two clubs? Aware of how Souths stole entire Roosters junior areas in the 1950s?

Surely, you mustn't be aware, otherwise you wouldn't say such things.

Would you?

Alba

Coach
Seano said:

cant wait for it!! the burrow is gonna be PUMPING on saturday night and im bringing my little brother along to meet everyone and the players as well .. should be a good night ... i am so nervous about it that im having dreams every night about different possible outcomes!! its scary!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Roosters to win by 30, or more.

From what I hear, many of the roosters players are sick of losing, and they have decided to lift the intensity, they'll be playing like men possessed, as if they have nothing to lose.

I expect the Roosters forwards to completely dominate the bunnies, setting up a platform for the backs to carve up out wide.

Bumble

First Grade
madunit said:
Roosters to win by 30, or more.

From what I hear, many of the roosters players are sick of losing, and they have decided to lift the intensity, they'll be playing like men possessed, as if they have nothing to lose.

I expect the Roosters forwards to completely dominate the bunnies, setting up a platform for the backs to carve up out wide.

Yes, because they've been losing on purpose for the last 2 months...

yobbo84 said:
1994.. and what a match is was... Vaea Taliai and his swan dives! How good was that bloke?

Who can forget Rabs.. "Taliai slices through the Roosters defence like a hot knife through butter."

That was on our way to 7 in a row... then 6 straight losses. Good old Souths.

C'mon the bunnies!

I believe Vaea Taliai ended up in jail for a long while. I remember the game well I think Tim Horan also carved up for Souths that night. Maybe he was the year before.

Knightmare

Coach
Grail said:
The Bunnies are specials. For me, the Roosters don't have any heart. If the Bunnies get in front of them, they'll fold. Rabbitohs by 18.

I also want the Knights to get the Wooden spoon. :lol:

--> Grail

Go Newcastle!

Southern Rooster said:
I believe Vaea Taliai ended up in jail for a long while. I remember the game well I think Tim Horan also carved up for Souths that night. Maybe he was the year before.

June 3, 1994 SFS

Souths 18 (Trindal, Sinclair, Taliai tries; Trindall 3 goals)
Easts 12 (Napoli, Salvatori tries; Hudson 2 goals)

Crowd: 14,029

Latest posts