What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LOGO Thread.

Id like to see the wombat logo back for the CC Bears...
%21CD%28O%29eQ%21Wk%7E$%28KGrHqQOKiIE0nUwtzbfBNOSeDOr%21%21%7E%7E_12.JPG

Perth Red

Post Whore
isn't the point of the thread to post logos you like or dislike, not post every RL logo ever invented?

on a side note, how come some SL clubs didnl;t have new logos for SL? Did they not have time to come up with them?

Last edited:
isn't the point of the thread to post logos you like or dislike, not post every RL logo ever invented?

on a side note, how come some SL clubs didnl;t have new logos for SL? Did they not have time to come up with them?

If every logo is in here then atleast people can see and decide for themselves which ones they like or don't like.

Dragon Dave

Bench
I love our current emblem.

It is simple, strong and traditional. I like the fact that our emblem isn't dominated by the word 'DRAGONS' like most NRL emblems. I believe the name of the club (it's region) is more important than the animal or mascot.

I also love St George's old emblem.

Saint Doc

Coach
Red&black bear, I know your intentions are good but I think youre taking the fun out of it a little by posting all these random logos most people have never seen before...doesn't make for entertaining reading to see 50 images of logos I've never seen before with no discussion or comments.

IMO the best nrl logos are saints, knights and warriors. From a kiddies point of view, I think the tigers, panthers and titans are probably the most appealing. Very good to see parra go back to their old logo. I applaud the dogs for their change but for some reason I feel like theyve missed hitting the nail on the head. It's a well intentioned logo, but why not just revert to the traditional design rather than create a new "traditional" logo!

Red&black bear, I know your intentions are good but I think youre taking the fun out of it a little by posting all these random logos most people have never seen before...doesn't make for entertaining reading to see 50 images of logos I've never seen before with no discussion or comments.

It's not about just posting random logo's. But posting logo's from other teams which might have the same brand as your team and therefore you can decide which is the best logo for a team with a certain brand.. for example there's about 4 different Panther logo's from about 3 different teams. All different and IMO the best one is Wests, followed by Blackpool, followed by the old Penrith then the modern Penrith.

Most people who don't know about Wests or Blackpool would never had the chance to see other "panther" logo's and therefore been starved for option. Thats just one example.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
bear.jpg

North Sydney Bears 1996 - 1999 - Always been a big fan of this logo and have come close to getting it tatted somewhere on me on many drunken occassions (however Ive never gone through with it... yet)

2.jpg

Ahh yes, the classic North Sydney Bears (WOMBAT) logo from the 50's. Love it!
1.jpg

Ok, technically not a jersey logo but it's the League's Club logo for Norths. Not as good as the others but still awesome.
41779_72707929443_6096_n.jpg

Central Coast Bears logo - it has it's haters but I like it. It's grown on me definitely.

You know whats just occured to me mate? The bears logo seems to be cursed.

North Sydney, Snowy River (Jindabyne) & Adelong-Batlow were all very strong clubs in the mid 90's.

1996 is a good example of some synergies, Snowy River & Adelong-Batlow won the Group 16 & Group 9 Premierships respectively that year & North Sydney were hot favorites against Saints in the Prelim final.

Within 6 or 7 years all the clubs were gone at their espective senior levels.

What about Blaney? Are the Bears still going out that way?

Classy. Coincidentally, I think Balmain had one very similar in 1997 for 90 seasons.

All the ARL sides had similar logos for the 1997 season, celebrating 90 seasons. Only Wests decided to keep using the same style in 1998 & 99 but modified slightly.

Here's the Norths example:
norths_1997.jpg

**** Correction. It was only the foundation ARL sides that had the modified badges for 1997.

Last edited:

BDGS

Bench

I didn't think they used their old logos from ARL, i thought they all had their own super league "s" in different colours for each team.

viewable on this link: http://nrl.galahs.com.au/2011/index.html

Goddo

Bench
^ correct because the ARL (through the NSWRL) held the copyrights for all logos, jerseys, mascots and colours.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I know we had to change our name to Perth Reds, I guess they could still use the nickname ie "Reds" but have to prefix it differently. What did the Sydney SL teams change to ie Cronulla Sharks became?

BDGS

Bench
No no, somehow most teams kept their names ... i think.

The only reason the Western Reds became the Perth Reds was because news limited brought them off the WARL for the 1997 seasons. News like the idea of teams in capitals not just a team from there called 'Western'.

At least thats what i was under the opinion of.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
From memory most teams were known by their region or location rather than their mascot, i.e.

Super League Brisbane
Super League Canterbury
Super League Cronulla

etc etc. I don't really recall mascots like Broncos, Bulldogs, Sharks etc being used en masse...

beagle

Juniors
From memory most teams were known by their region or location rather than their mascot, i.e.

Super League Brisbane
Super League Canterbury
Super League Cronulla

etc etc. I don't really recall mascots like Broncos, Bulldogs, Sharks etc being used en masse...

The ARL at the time owned the rights to the names "Broncos", "Bulldogs", "Raiders" etc for use in Rugby League in Australia, hence the Super League teams weren't able to use them as mascots

joshreading

Staff member
Braidwood Bears
gday_whatson.html_PHOTO6.jpg

This one looks better than all CC bears logos.

Thoroughly agree - the CC Bears could do worse than bizarrely talking to Braidwood and use the basic idea they have. It is simple yet aggressive, like it is staring you down before ripping in.

Latest posts