What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LOGO Thread.

image.php

Tonga

150px-Lebanon_National_RL.png

Lebanon
20091115114445%21Fiji_National_Rugby_league_team.png

Fiji
300px-South_Africa.jpg

South Africa

drake

First Grade
Personally, I prefer the logos that I grew up with in the late 70s and early 80's from the NSWRL.

For clubs that came later, it's a bit harder, as they usually entered during a time where tradition was pushed a side for cartoonish or stylised logos. Knights is pretty simple and well done. Warriors is pretty good too.

For me, the rabbitohs and dragons are the best, as they have had bugger all changes, just a little higher quality in art since their inception. I'm not a big fan of the 'modern' style logos, and agree that the chooks 100 years (being an amalgamation of the current opera house comb head and the 1978 rooster body) is by far the best option for them. You need a fair bit of artistic licence to make a chicken look daunting without making it look like an angry Foghorn Leghorn.

It's good, IMHO, that Parra has gone back to the 80's eel, and that the B'ogs have gotten away from that abomination pumpkin headed orc they had. It's probably a bit hard for the tigpies to use anything but a new logo without upsetting one side or the other. Sharks and Manly had far better logos 30 years ago to my tastes, same for the Panfas.

From the cartoon/stylised mob, I think Canberra and Brisbane have come out better off. The 80's logo for Canberra was c**k-eyed and looked like a gay Mongol nomad with a viking hat. I like the simple lines of the chesspiece Bronco.

Neutral about Titans and the Cowboys (what can you do for a cowboy without looking like the Village People?), but still think the Storm thing is ridiculous. Yellow eraser head thing with a lightning bolt. Could have least tried a Zeus look, maybe you'd get the Melbourne Greeks interested. Massive fail.

I'm not saying this is the way things should be, I'm no marketing guru, just my personal opinions and tastes.

BDGS

Bench
Irrelevant. Bulldogs pulled 37k against St George, I wonder what their average would look like if you take that out :roll:

Wasn't that a regular Bulldogs home game anyway and not moved to another area?

Other areas like Christchurch and the SCG bring in the novelty factor.

But then again we played a home game at in front of a packed suncorp stadium as a home game.

Saint Doc

Coach
Without getting on the crowds side track, whilst playing at the scg could be seen as novelty, that 37k crowd against saints was retro round with novelty jerseys and a special 1985 price deal with a 1985 retro tshirt for free...novelty much?!

Crowds are crowds.

If Rugby League was ever played in the Home Counties the area would have to be represented by the Griffin

griffin_up.png

Or this version used by Vauxhall Motors
3103613244_4671264dc2.jpg

I think that London should have their team represented by the mythical creature associated with London, the Wyvern

images

But unfortunately, like the creatures themselves, Rugby League in my old neck of the woods is rather like Wyverns and Griffins.

The game is played in the south east mate.

dogslife

Coach
http://203.166.101.37/NRL/index.html

Bulldogs avg home crowd: 18709
Roosters avg home crowd: 16184

Irrelevant. Bulldogs pulled 37k against St George, I wonder what their average would look like if you take that out :roll:

Anyway, we should stop derailing the thread.

Me thinks your stats are a little off

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2010.html

Bulldogs avg: 20670
Rorters avg: 16184

Also Roosters home games registered 4 out of the top 19 lowest crowd figures, including the lowest crowd of the season (6478 against NQ)

adamkungl

Immortal
Me thinks your stats are a little off

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2010.html

Bulldogs avg: 20670
Rorters avg: 16184

Also Roosters home games registered 4 out of the top 19 lowest crowd figures, including the lowest crowd of the season (6478 against NQ)

Hmm don't think the site I used counted the double header.

As for playing Nth QLD on a Monday night the year after a wooden spoon...its hard to find anyone who gives a f**k. Hopefully with more members this year it won't be so dismal.

Frailty

First Grade
Parramatta District logos:

All Saints-Toongabbie Tigers
122037_1_S.jpg

Blacktown PCYC Spartans
1054142_1_S.jpg

Cabramatta
1137843_1_S.jpg

Canley Heights Dragons
5018_1_M.jpg

Canley Vale Kookas