What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LOGO Thread.

BDGS

Bench
SouthernRabbitohs.jpg

lol, why is there a NSWRL logo on a tassie team logo's jersey?

BDGS

Bench
Could you post the logos for each darwin club?

Its the only state/territory i don't know about the major comp

adamkungl

Immortal
A good logo should be simple, striking, and represent tradition while at the some time being modern looking. Easy enough, right? That said...

I like:
Bulldogs, Manly, Newcastle, Parramatta, Cronulla, Souths, St George.

Decent/indifferent: Cowboys, Titans, Storm, Warriors.

Should revert to something more old-school:
Broncos, Raiders, Tigers, Panthers, Roosters.

Roosters 100 year logo was fantastic

Sydney_Roosters_2007.png

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Gold_Coast_Gladiators_logo.jpg

Gold Coast Gladiators, used in between the Seagulls and Chargers, only for a world sevens tournament in 96 which they won from memory

Yeah I think they won the Plate final or something, I remember them playing USA at the SFS and gave them a hiding.

Glad they brought this back:

1980s_Parramatta_Eels_logo.jpg

Only difference is "19" and "47" in both ends.

A few from the current AMRL

New_Haven_Warriors_logo.jpg

Vipersamnrl2010.jpg

Eaglessamnrl2010.jpg

Lambretta

First Grade
If Rugby League was ever played in the Home Counties the area would have to be represented by the Griffin

griffin_up.png

Or this version used by Vauxhall Motors
3103613244_4671264dc2.jpg

I think that London should have their team represented by the mythical creature associated with London, the Wyvern

images

But unfortunately, like the creatures themselves, Rugby League in my old neck of the woods is rather like Wyverns and Griffins.

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Eastern_Suburbs_Roosters_logo_1978.jpg

I'd love the roosters to go back to this logo, and also revert back to eastern suburbs. Would many roosters supporters be in favor of this?

dgsfan

Juniors
As a non Roosters fan I would be. Much better logo. More traditional. I'd support the name change as well because the Roosters hardly represent Sydney, in fact they're probably the 2nd least supported team in Sydney.

adamkungl

Immortal
As a non Roosters fan I would be. Much better logo. More traditional. I'd support the name change as well because the Roosters hardly represent Sydney, in fact they're probably the 2nd least supported team in Sydney.

in my experience 'fact' generally refers to something that is true.

As for the logo, we should use the 100year logo without the '100year' writing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
in my experience 'fact' generally refers to something that is true.

As for the logo, we should use the 100year logo without the '100year' writing.

in "fact" he is rnearly ight! Overall they do have the 3rd lowest lifetime avg attendance, of still exisiting Sydney clubs ,only beaten by the Sharks and Panthers.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
in "fact" he is rnearly ight! Overall they do have the 3rd lowest lifetime avg attendance, of still exisiting Sydney clubs ,only beaten by the Sharks and Panthers.

In 2010 Roosters had better crowds than 3 Sydney clubs, 8 clubs in total (Surely all these 1 town teams should be hammering us, given we have no fans and all...). Avg crowd a mere 800 less than super club St Merge. Similar for Memberships, 3 Sydney teams worse, and pretty much even with the Tigers.

The only team that can claim superiority crowds wise is the Broncos, because a difference of 500-2000 means sweet f**k all in the grand scheme of things, and can easily change with form.

BDGS

Bench
Weren't roosters crowds figures boosted in 2010 by a massive crowd in Christchurch and a SCG game against St George Illawarra who looked to have rooster fans outnumbered serverly.

Take out the 20,000 plus at Christchurch and the 40,000 at the SCG and then the roosters average crowd figures would be interesting and considerably less.

adamkungl

Immortal
Except the Bulldogs average 5000 more than you guys.

http://203.166.101.37/NRL/index.html

Bulldogs avg home crowd: 18709
Roosters avg home crowd: 16184

Weren't roosters crowds figures boosted in 2010 by a massive crowd in Christchurch and a SCG game against St George Illawarra who looked to have rooster fans outnumbered serverly.

Take out the 20,000 plus at Christchurch and the 40,000 at the SCG and then the roosters average crowd figures would be interesting and considerably less.

Irrelevant. Bulldogs pulled 37k against St George, I wonder what their average would look like if you take that out :roll:

Anyway, we should stop derailing the thread.

Latest posts