What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The LU Hattrick Team Owners Thread

Mad Dogg

Juniors
RHCP*Auricom said:
Ive been wondering the same thing, whered you get your logo done for the Wolves Mad Dogg?
I got the pictures off the net (one of a wolf, the other of a circular logo kind of thing), then used Photoshop to do the rest. Played around with the logo trying all different kind of effects until I got what I was looking for, then cut the wolf out of it's picture and put it into the logo. If you have any kind of graphics program you should be able to do something simple up, although obviously the better the program the better the result.

Economy-wise, I had $11.5m a week ago after selling two of my top trainees who were starting to get a little old. But then I bought another two players so am right back down to $800k. I'm really starting to get my team ready to win my league next season and then finally move back into Div IV.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
vesh said:
WTF is arena sizing.

I've never heard of that, am I stuffed now?
There is a certain percentage that you should have your seats at to maximise profit. If you don't use it you're not stuffed, but you won't make as much money as what you would if it had been built to the percentages.

Seat distribution:
Terraces 62.4%
Basic Seating 25.3%
Seats under Roof 10.0%
Seats in VIP-Boxes 2.3%

Or use this link and it'll tell you what the best upgrade is for you: http://www.databased.at/hattrick/x-ray/index.asp?starter=arenasizer

Poida Raider said:
also i was wondering, if i invested in a young winger. at excellent level, and maybe inadequate playmaking or similar. obviously they'll get better over time, and improve playmaking with my training. does anybody think that'd be a good way to look at it? i was looking and those type of trainees arent to dear at this time of the season, and i thought it could work.
Yep, that sounds good. Obviously you want to get some attack down that wing so you want someone with some winger skill, but you also don't want to waste a position which gives training (even if only half as much as an inner mid). Therefore a fairly young winger with a good level of winger and not too low at playmaking would be a good option. Especially as wingers are extremely cheap at the moment, even more so than normal.

That's pretty much what I'm doing with my team now, getting good all-round players into my training program. A 20yo magnficent playmaker with passable defence early in the season who I'm using as an offensive central defender to boost my midfield, and a few days ago I bought an 18yo magnificent winger with solid defending and passable playmaking who I'm going to turn into one hell of an offensive wingback (I'm currently using him as an offensive winger in my league games to get the most of his attack, and then playing him as an offensive wingback in friendlies so he gets training without hurting my defence in competitive games). They cost me a pretty penny ($14.25m together), but the improvement they bring my team is significant.

Azkatro

First Grade
I've decided to join the game again. Hopefully I have better luck this time around. I will try and stick it out for a few seasons at least and see how things are going from there.

nibbs

Bench
It should be an exciting friday once training is completed. Unless I calculated incorrectly I should have 3 of my playmakers turning solid which will be fantastic. For the time being I think I'm going to hold on to them and wait until they go formidable. Apparently that's when the real money starts rolling in... :!: :!: :!:

RHCP*Auricom

Juniors
Lol Mr. Charisma, i sat down at 1 with some Doritios to watch a great match, then realised i was playing in Hellas (Greece) and that it didn't start until 7 this evening...(Damn Mediterranean Descendants) ;-)

Dogs Of War

Coach
nibbs said:
It should be an exciting friday once training is completed. Unless I calculated incorrectly I should have 3 of my playmakers turning solid which will be fantastic. For the time being I think I'm going to hold on to them and wait until they go formidable. Apparently that's when the real money starts rolling in... :!: :!: :!:

Sounds like your in exactly the same boat as me, just has 2 turn solid. I figure I'd let them go up 2 more levels before selling.

chileman

Coach
Azkatro said:
I've decided to join the game again. Hopefully I have better luck this time around. I will try and stick it out for a few seasons at least and see how things are going from there.
Welcome to the party amigo....have you got your team yet?

Azkatro

First Grade
chileman said:
Azkatro said:
Welcome to the party amigo....have you got your team yet?

There are currently 0 users on the waiting list for your league. Yesterday 18 users were given a team in your league, the last of which had applied 2005-01-08 13:15:00.

Nearly :D

MrCharisma

Bench
RHCP*Auricom said:
Lol Mr. Charisma, i sat down at 1 with some Doritios to watch a great match, then realised i was playing in Hellas (Greece) and that it didn't start until 7 this evening...(Damn Mediterranean Descendants) ;-)

It sucks huh? Thewizard1o1 and I used to chill in front of the computer and watch both our games and have a feed. Ah the good old days... stupid Wizard leaving Uni.

Mambo

Juniors
Anyone after an excellent/solid winger? Excellent buy for any division 5 team who can afford him.

Thomas Exares (7875744)
28 years, passable form, healthy
A nasty fellow who is temperamental and righteous.
Has inadequate experience and wretched leadership abilities.

Speciality: Head :lol:

Nationality: Oceania
Total Skill Index (TSI): 3 580
Wage: 2 040 AU$/week
Owner: Hills Havoc
Warnings: 1

Stamina: excellent Goaltending: wretched
Playmaking: weak Passing: inadequate
Winger: excellent Defending: weak
Scoring: solid Set Pieces: disastrous

Career Goals: 22
Career Hattricks: 0
League goals this season: 2
Cup goals this season: 0

Transfer list: Winger

Deadline: 18/01/2005 at 03.14

Asking price: 750 000 AU$

nibbs

Bench
Well. 14 games and 14 wins. Was a great season, one of remarkable constant to the previous. We scored 64 goals and let in only 6. Promotion to division 5 now awaits. And allow I know it wont be easy, I know it wont be as hard as it was last time.

I calculated incorrectly this week, but next friday 3 of my trainees will hit excellent playmaking. I'm not going to let them go just yet. I've decided for the time being to look after the long future of the club so we're gonna the next priority is buying a new striker, a good one.

Next season should be quite exciting

nibbs

Bench
ooh sweet. i got the first of my bonuses just before. jussi kristensen's 19 goals earned him the top scorer thingy and the club $20,000. what a guy! so now i'm waiting on a further $300,000. can't wait. should be swell

Mad Dogg

Juniors
I got absolutely screwed by the match engine today, fair enough I did slightly lose the midfield but I completely hammered my opponent everywhere else. And I still only got a 1-1 draw. #-o Luckily I was already guarenteed 2nd place regardless of what happened.

My best season so far, finished 2nd and had a nice goal difference. Everything is nicely in place to win the league next season, and then be nice and competitive in Div IV the following season.

chileman

Coach
Grrrrr, for some reason when I entered my team on Friday for the weekends match it didn't register so I had my youth and fringe players playing and was thumped 7-0 :evil: anyway, finished 7th so it looks like I'm on my way back to Div V :roll:

nibbs

Bench
hmmmm. I'm wondering what move I should make next. Buy a striker with solid scoring, or buy a solid coach???

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Would I get any bonuses for coming 3rd?
$90 000 for coming 3rd in Div VI. You can see the prize money at http://www.databased.at/hattrick/x-files/pages/pages_en/prices_en.asp?file=prices. It's in euro's so just double what it says to convert the prices into $AU.

hmmmm. I'm wondering what move I should make next. Buy a striker with solid scoring, or buy a solid coach???
Seeing as you only have an inadequate coach, I would definitely go for the solid coach. Having an inadequate will mean every trainee takes roughly two weeks longer to level up every level, and that quickly adds up to losing quite a significant amount of money.

MrCharisma

Bench
I just avoided relegation... my side has been riddled with injuries this season and have been going down 1-0. I had the 2nd best F/A in the league despite mostly being 7th.

But I cained it by 1 point so I'm cheerin