What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "MARK MY WORDS" thread 2019

Crush

Coach
Norman will be at 6, not 14. Mary will have other things to worry about. His focus as always will be on himself and his ability to obtain a coaching contract with another NRL Club.
Mary knows Widdop is the best 6 we have and is already hinting that he will not disrupt the Widdop/Hunt winning combination from last year.
Its written all over him.
All he wants is a contract extension and his best chance of that is with Widdop at 6.
Question is, does he play Norman at 1 or 14.
I think OT may be right, 14.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Mary knows Widdop is the best 6 we have and is already hinting that he will not disrupt the Widdop/Hunt winning combination from last year.
Its written all over him.
All he wants is a contract extension and his best chance of that is with Widdop at 6.
Question is, does he play Norman at 1 or 14.
I think OT may be right, 14.

That is how the season will start.
Lafai and Aitken the centres and JP and Lomax wingers .
Dufty fb.
Mary will not change a thing.
Unless it not working

Crush

Coach
That is how the season will start.
Lafai and Aitken the centres and JP and Lomax wingers .
Dufty fb.
Mary will not change a thing.
Unless it not working
Funny how the media is speculating Widdop to fullback, Lomax to start at centre etc. They don't know our Mary like the Dragons fans in here do.
As if Mary would move Widdop, drop Lafai or Aitken, start with Pearson or anyone that hasn't previously been selected. Crazy talk! Not our Mary.
Anyway, I'm done winging. Going to the Goldcoast for a holiday.

denis preston

First Grade
Funny how the media is speculating Widdop to fullback, Lomax to start at centre etc. They don't know our Mary like the Dragons fans in here do.
As if Mary would move Widdop, drop Lafai or Aitken, start with Pearson or anyone that hasn't previously been selected. Crazy talk! Not our Mary.
Anyway, I'm done winging. Going to the Goldcoast for a holiday.

Got a feeling that the new coaching adviser Pawley has been brought in to rein Mary in or to at least report on him to the topline management. The fact that they don't seem to be rushing to resign him is a good sign and if he is shown to ignore any advice from everyone it won't hold well with the club. Thats my positive spin anyhow.

Old Timer

Coach
Got a feeling that the new coaching adviser Pawley has been brought in to rein Mary in or to at least report on him to the topline management. The fact that they don't seem to be rushing to resign him is a good sign and if he is shown to ignore any advice from everyone it won't hold well with the club. Thats my positive spin anyhow.
Hopefully you are correct however the other side of the coin is if the BOD say that after gaining "independent advice" Mc Gregor has been extended and that was at the earliest opportunity to ensure stability and the BOD will appear to have clean hands.

Crush

Coach
Mate, I'll believe it when I see it.
Unfortunately our board are a bunch of dinosaurs and they are quite content with Mary as the coach. He doesn't make too much noise, they like that.
He'll get his extension unless there is some disaster this year and we miss the finals. Actually, as long as we are in the top 4 by about May I think they'll re-sign him.

possm

Coach
Mate, I'll believe it when I see it.
Unfortunately our board are a bunch of dinosaurs and they are quite content with Mary as the coach. He doesn't make too much noise, they like that.
He'll get his extension unless there is some disaster this year and we miss the finals. Actually, as long as we are in the top 4 by about May I think they'll re-sign him.

To me the appointment as a coaching adviser tells me things are no longer a given for Mary. I'd say it has finally registered that to fail in the last half of the season in the last 3 out of 4 is just not good enough.

I'm more confident than not that Mary has already been told that this is his last season at the big red V and that if he wants a contract with another club, he would have to do very well in 2019.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
To me the appointment as a coaching adviser tells me things are no longer a given for Mary. I'd say it has finally registered that to fail in the last half of the season in the last 3 out of 4 is just not good enough.

I'm more confident than not that Mary has already been told that this is his last season at the big red V and that if he wants a contract with another club, he would have to do very well in 2019.
Well boys if I was a bookmaker ,MARY would be odds on to get an extension .same old ,same old.go the Illawarra faction ......

Dannyboy80

Juniors
This is the most enjoyable thread I’ve read all off season!

Agree with a lot of posts that say Norman’s superior game management skills will make Hunt into an absolute running weapon and will totally justify his price tag this year. But MARK MY WORDS:

Dragons will not make the 8 this year! Debelin will have a quiet year with his confidence severely battered by the off season. K. Sims will not fill the role leeson played, and we will give away too many penalties through grubby ruck play. Graham’s age will be a liability, but Mary won’t drop him. All up our pack will be regularly dominated, halves will struggle without a dominant pack and our backs arent skillful enough to cover this. we will struggle to win games. MARY WILL BE NOT RESIGNED AND WILL BE REPLACED BY .........SHANE FLANAGAN!!!

I sincerely hope I’m wrong but this is as bold as I could get!

Frank Facer

First Grade

Agree with a lot of posts that say Norman’s superior game management skills will make Hunt into an absolute running weapon and will totally justify his price tag this year. But MARK MY WORDS:

Dragons will not make the 8 this year! Debelin will have a quiet year with his confidence severely battered by the off season. K. Sims will not fill the role leeson played, and we will give away too many penalties through grubby ruck play. Graham’s age will be a liability, but Mary won’t drop him. All up our pack will be regularly dominated, halves will struggle without a dominant pack and our backs arent skillful enough to cover this. we will struggle to win games. MARY WILL BE NOT RESIGNED AND WILL BE REPLACED BY .........SHANE FLANAGAN!!!

I like the Shane Flanagan.

Overseas dragon

Juniors

YOU NEED TO GET OFF THAT SHIT....

BennyV

Referee

JDB will not play NRL in 2019. Shane Flanagan will not coach NRL again, ever. Mark my words.

Other than that, I feel the rest of your post may be correct.

Warabrook saint

Juniors

I hope you are right about mary will not be re-signed

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors

How will Hunt be an absolute running weapon when our forwards will be regularly dominated

Dannyboy80

Juniors
How will Hunt be an absolute running weapon when our forwards will be regularly dominated
Well there’s always gonna be the odd moment of dominance you’d think, they aren’t a pack of dawdlers are they. I just don’t think they’ll be able to reach the levels they did in 18

possm

Coach
Well boys if I was a bookmaker ,MARY would be odds on to get an extension .same old ,same old.go the Illawarra faction ......

I don't believe there is an Illawarra faction anymore. WIN Corp, who purchased the Illawarra shares are now knee deep in insuring the best outcomes for SGI. Now it is the St George side of the partnership that needs to be over-hauled and let's hope that can be done in the not so distant future.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the outspoken Board members who in the past were very supportive of Mary and his coaching staff, are now gone and replaced with Board members appointed by WIN Corp.

Make no mistake about it Mary would have to win the competition this year to even be considered for the head coach position. He has been there for 5 years and kicked so many home goals in that time. It would be a real travesty if he were to serve another term.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I don't believe there is an Illawarra faction anymore. WIN Corp, who purchased the Illawarra shares are now knee deep in insuring the best outcomes for SGI. Now it is the St George side of the partnership that needs to be over-hauled and let's hope that can be done in the not so distant future.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the outspoken Board members who in the past were very supportive of Mary and his coaching staff, are now gone and replaced with Board members appointed by WIN Corp.

Make no mistake about it Mary would have to win the competition this year to even be considered for the head coach position. He has been there for 5 years and kicked so many home goals in that time. It would be a real travesty if he were to serve another term.
If his mates were kicked out he would have gone too....I still believe he has support there

Latest posts