What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The meaning of a Cronulla premiership

SharkShocked

Bench
You should feel sorry for those kids, not laugh.

Should the sharks lose, they will be adults with their own kids by the time the next GF appearance rolls around.

Trust me, i speak from experience.

Shorty

Staff member
f**k the Neutrals.

I couldn't care less that NQ broke their duck, nor Souths,nor the Steelers, nor would i care if the Warriors/Titans won.
If your Sharks had won one though you'd feel differently.
Having experienced it now I could never have a problem with a team with an empty cabinet winning a premiership, even the Sharks.
It's SO special experiencing a first grand final win.

Brutus

Referee
If Cronulla win, what are the chances of Fifita doing something stupid during the Grand Final celebrations or in the days after.

The Telecrap will be waiting.

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
If Cronulla win, what are the chances of Fifita doing something stupid during the Grand Final celbrations or in the days after.

Kent says a telegraph pole has the Sharks out of favour, of course you'd have to buy the paper to climb the pole. I know a bloke who reads nothing else, lovely chap but . . .

MilkShark

First Grade
Kent says a telegraph pole has the Sharks out of favour, of course you'd have to buy the paper to climb the pole. I know a bloke who reads nothing else, lovely chap but . . .
Considering how out of favour the DT is with sharks fans, i'm not surprised the polls show this. Alot of of us dont buy / read it, therefore we don't vote.

betcats

Referee
If it wasn't for this bet I have I would be firmly on the sharks bandwagon but I really couldn't care less if they win a premiership or not. I'd bandwagon any team over the storm and most Sydney teams over out of state teams.

Surely

Post Whore
I probably will end up supporting the sharks for that reason rather than my normal spite support of the team that will annoy the most people (which would be the storm)

I think if sterlo is really death riding the sharks I will jump on the sharks wagon fully.

But as for which team is more unlikable it's basically a wash Imo. Storm are much bigger cheats as far as salary cap v drugs go. The proof is in the pudding there (storm won premierships by cheating forever ruining entire years)

However I've interacted with a lot of sharks fans here like my good pal surely and that miserable merkin needs some joy.

It's funny on the news I saw heaps of kids wearing cronulla jerseys and I think what does a cronulla premiership mean to them compared with say surely and millersnose who have a combined age of I don't know....120 ?

Thanks merkin I appreciate it ;)

Ulysseus

Bench
I hope the Sharks win - mainly because they have some long suffering fans and there will come a time when they pass, it would be a shame if they were to pass without seeing them win it at least once.
It is going to be a tall order though, Melbourne are pretty battle hardened and can manufacture from sustained pressure easily.
It will be interesting to see how much "big game" experience counts for here as Cronulla does have a few premiership winners in Lewis, Heighington and Prior and obviously Melbourne have vastly more.

JamesRustle

First Grade
I know so many people who would be so thrilled about the prospect of a Sharks premiership.
Hopefully they enjoy the next 2 days then as the prospect is there.

If Sharks are good enough come Sunday night then all good and well... but this "we deserve it" mentality is for the birds. Win it or eff off.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
For me, it would mean that we would have only won twice as many premierships as them, rather than infinity as many, so for that reason, I am against it.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I just watched highlights of last years GF... Ouch. Cronulla lads on here are nice fellas - I really hope nothing brutal happens and you get the victory.

Reactions: zmt

txta2

Bench
If Cronulla win, what are the chances of Fifita doing something stupid during the Grand Final celebrations or in the days after.

It will all be worth it. I wouldn't give a shit if he pissed in his mouth or crapped in his shoe.f**k the Telegraph and it's haters, winning would be the ultimate redemption

adamkungl

Immortal
Hopefully they enjoy the next 2 days then as the prospect is there.

If Sharks are good enough come Sunday night then all good and well... but this "we deserve it" mentality is for the birds. Win it or eff off.

You know the fans don't actually play in the game right?