What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Melbourne Storm - team of the decade

Mark Rudd

Juniors
10 years (11 really but who's counting)

3 Minor Premierships
5 GF appearances.
3 Premierships

Does it really get any better then that?

And they're still not finished. Over the next 5-10 years, the Storm could well be the most dominat football team of the modern era.

Shorty

Staff member
Yup, I think they're going to win a few more premierships too.
Storm didn't even play at their best today.

pantherz9103

First Grade
They've been a model of consistency. What a job Bellamy has done since taking over from Mark Murray in '03. They were a rabble back then but since he coached them to 3 top 6 finishes 03-05 and then 4 straight grand finals, winning 2 from 06-09. Hard to argue with their right to be called team of the decade.

Engine

Juniors
Buying Chase Stanley and John Kite too. Knowing Bellamy, those guys will be winners too.

Ridders

Coach
Its amazing that this was supposed to be their "rebuilding year".

I wish we could rebuild like that!

innsaneink

Referee
To do what they did after getting hammered 40-0 last year, and with the players they lost...its an amazing effort.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Well, 11 years, 11 premierships is better, but as much as I hate the scum and hate admitting it, Melbourne have definitely been the best team of the current decade.

mave

Coach
I thought the 40-0 would scar them for life.

Kudos for an amazing turn around.

Enjoy folks...Storm are not finished yet...the likes of Blair, Slater, Cronk and Smith are only in their mid twenties.

They are humble guys with a family ethic who know how to win...this side will not die. I discusssed this with my mates tonight and there is every chance that they are back here next year.

truganini

Juniors
NRL are propping up the Storm so Victoria remains "interested". All comes down to the NRL v AFL...but they are the team maybe Broncos 2nd. Pleases no more Queerland premierships.

Shorty

Staff member
NRL are propping up the Storm so Victoria remains "interested". All comes down to the NRL v AFL...but they are the team maybe Broncos 2nd. Pleases no more Queerland premierships.
:lol::lol:
And this from no doubt a Sydneysider, where's the Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras held again?

Butters

Bench
So much butthurt..

Just admit it fellas the best team of the modern era is from Melbourne. 4 Grand finals in a row, 3 Minor Premierships, 2 Premierships and the most wins in a 3 year period ever.

Cupid Stunt

I hate the Donkeys but they are head & shoulders above Melbourne as far as team of the modern era goes.

Shorty

Staff member
^Why?
Melbourne has pretty much denied them making any GFs in the last few years and I didn't see the Broncos making 4 gfs in a row...

Cupid Stunt

Modern era, as the OP originally said, extends outside the last few years. Brisbane have been disgustingly consistent for a long time now.

*Note "disgustingly" for those who do NOT support them :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
Depends on how you define the modern era.

Never the less, Melbourne are the team of the decade and they truly deserve the title.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think you could define modern era as since the inception of the NRL. Under those guidelines it would be hard to go past Melbourne as the team of the modern era.

Fui!!!

Juniors
Well done to Melbourne, they desrved it tonight. They are a great team.

Just one thing, Please don't let Bellamy coach origin. Half his team plays for QLD ffs.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Only played in 4GF's this decade. The 5th was last decade.