What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The MMA Thread

Wizardman

First Grade
Justin fought a great fight.....Chandler has some great tools....just lost one great fight to a walking zombie and the other one to the champ. Chandler is one of many beasts in that division.

Rose definitely lost that fight in my eyes. First three rounds was Welli, 4th was tight...but Rose did not do a lot on the ground. She won that fight purely because she held the belt.

Usman looked human from round three onwards. Colby is a tough bastard though.

Valheru

Coach
Colby is easily the 2nd best Welterwight in the world and is closer to Usman IMO then he is to whoever is number 3 in the world.

I had him winning 5 of the 10 rounds they have fought. The problem he has is that Usman can take his best punches but he can't take Usman's. That normally wouldn't be a problem for Colby as he has that issue with others like Woodley, Masvidal etc. but in those cases he just takes them to the ground and wrestles the shit out of them. Usman has unparalleled ground defence so the fight stays standing which he is unlikely to win.

I personally scored this fight 10-9, 10-8, 9-10, 9-10, 9-10 for a 47-47 draw but can understand round 3 going either way. None of the judges gave round 2 to Usman 10-8 which I find mystifying and I have no idea what the judge who scored 49-46 was looking at.

It was nice to see some contrition from Colby once it was done. I see Usman moving up a division in the not too distant future (only Edwards and Chimaev really offer an intriguing fight at this point) so he will get another chance but has to beat a few contenders first.

Jono078

Coach
I only care to see Khamzat vs Usman at this point in all honesty.

I know Khamzat’s competition hasn’t been great but it still feels like it’ll be the unstoppable force vs the immovable object.

No chance of Usman at 185 whilst Izzy is there.

Valheru

Coach
If Izzy beats Whittaker again, what is left for him at 185? There are less intriguing fights for him at 185 than Usman has at 170 IMO

I expect he will move up to 205 full time and try to get that Jon Jones fight.

Smug Panther

Bench
Yair went pretty well but didn't have the cardio to go with Max. Max seems to be avoiding the Volkanovski rematch which is smart because he won't win

Latest posts