What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morrison "No Try"

Morrison: Try or no try?

• Total voters

Ice777

Bench
meltiger said:
I thought it was the wrong decision at the time ...

Shouldn't have even been benefit of the doubt.

The still shots in this mornings Herald Sun clearly show the ball having been placed. It was the wrong decision.

You must be reading a different herald Sun to mine because in the top pic i can see that the ball is a foot from the ground and in the second pic (the same one as on this page) it shows the ball CLEARLY on Smith's thigh. If anyone thinks that pic shows it grounded then they seriously need their eyes tested :cool:

Ice777 said:
You must be reading a different herald Sun to mine because in the top pic i can see that the ball is a foot from the ground and in the second pic (the same one as on this page) it shows the ball CLEARLY on Smith's thigh. If anyone thinks that pic shows it grounded then they seriously need their eyes tested :cool:

It is probably a Sydney paper that they are reading...it is amazing what you can do with digital editing these days...;-)

Ice777

Bench
meltiger said:
I thought it was the wrong decision at the time ...

Shouldn't have even been benefit of the doubt.

The still shots in this mornings Herald Sun clearly show the ball having been placed. It was the wrong decision.

Here are the 2 shots in todays Herald Sun that Meltiger is talking about. I'm not exactly sure which one he's on about about in regards to him saying the ball was clearly placed. Unless he was talking about being placed on Smith's thigh because that's the only spot it was placed. I'm guessing he thought Smith's leg in the pic is the ball but as you can clearly see the ball is on top of his leg.

Also i can't see how anyone could've seen the ball being placed on the line on the side angle. As the second pic shows the ball was above the line or even a bit over and momentum was carrying him forward and by then that's when the ball ended up on top of Smith's arm.

Picture1.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
thats a better quality pic than the on the back page of the Telecrap

that white object that looks like the ball, is actually a knee

if you look closely at Morrison's hand, you'll see where the ball is and there is a knee under it

no try

innsaneink

Referee
meltiger said:
Do you base this on any factual evidence or just blowing smoke?

The photos in the papers clearly show the ball on the ground.

You talking about the photos in the above post?

I hope not.

Ice777

Bench
Twizzle said:
thats a better quality pic than the on the back page of the Telecrap

that white object that looks like the ball, is actually a knee

if you look closely at Morrison's hand, you'll see where the ball is and there is a knee under it

no try

That's exactly what i think Meltiger was getting confused with. That white thing on the ground is his knee and not the ball. If he has another look at it again he'll see that because these are the pictures he's talking about from this morning's Herald Sun. Maybe he just woke up when he looked at them :sarcasm:

JJ

Immortal
fair enough on that photo

BUT - the question really is, on the basis of what Ward was shown, what was the correct decision?

Those photos don't tell the whole story, There was about 1-2 seconds after that, where the video ref was completely obstructed when Morrison could of got the ball down.

There is no possible way that the video ref can say with 100% certainty that he didn't get it down. Therefore, according to the pathetic rule it should have been awarded a try.

Stormwarning[c]

Juniors
The only thing the ball was grounded into was Morrison chin.

No wonder Cameron Smith won the Dally M.

It's a correct call, but maybe we'll start to here that it should have been a penalty try due to a graple tackle :sarcasm: :roll: :D :lol:

Now after living up to the Parramatta standard in finals campaigns again, maybe eels members (not supporters coz they don't have a say in their club) will all grow a spine and vote a board that will get rid of Denis the menace. Then maybe we can see the club become the success it should be.:oops:

Ice777

Bench
waltzing Meninga said:
Those photos don't tell the whole story, There was about 1-2 seconds after that, where the video ref was completely obstructed when Morrison could of got the ball down.

There is no possible way that the video ref can say with 100% certainty that he didn't get it down. Therefore, according to the pathetic rule it should have been awarded a try.

I posted these because Meltiger said that they showed he clearly grounded the ball when they clearly show he didn't. As mentioned earlier, the BOTD rule only applies to 50-50 calls and the rule doesn't apply if there's only say 10% doubt or something like that. IMO and obviously the video refs i think it's fair to say there was much more evidence to suggest he never got the ball down as opposed to that he did. Therefore a try was given ;-)

innsaneink

Referee
I wouldve thought we'd have some Willow type technical evidence on here by now if, as you say there is in fact another....
angle on TV showed it being grounded.

...funny how thats not the case.

Ice777

Bench
I was at the game and i've watched the replay several times and i can't see one angle where the ball was grounded. Obviously the videos refs never had that angle either so i'm not sure where this mystery footage is :sarcasm:

innsaneink

Referee
El Diablo said:
don't blame me if you didn't watch the game

I did watch the game, channel 9, nothing on their broadcast showed the ball on the line, it showed ...like the pics, the ball on a leg.

You saw it, you produce it.

Latest posts