What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morrison "No Try"

Morrison: Try or no try?

• Total voters

pantherz9103

First Grade
The ball NEVER touched the line! Cameron Smith held him up fair and square. That ESL bound grub Morrison only grounded the ball on Cam Smith's thigh.

12-6 - I hope the Eels didn't misbehave on Mad Monday!!

Y2Eel

First Grade
innsaneink said:
He claimed (lied) he saw vision that no one else did of the ball being grounded.
We now know he was wasting everyones time, as usual.

Yet there are people on here saying that smith held him up and he didnt get the ball down, funy still as no one can really tell did they all lie?

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I still think the ball never came anywhere near being put down on anything except Cam Smith's body. The good thing that came out of that play though was Parramatta still had the ball and the opportunity to try and score again.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
I still think the ball never came anywhere near being put down on anything except Cam Smith's body. The good thing that came out of that play though was Parramatta still had the ball and the opportunity to try and score again.

very true....

The only thing that should come out of this is Benifit of doubt should be given the ass...

innsaneink

Referee
Y2Eel said:
Yet there are people on here saying that smith held him up and he didnt get the ball down, funy still as no one can really tell did they all lie?

No...pics and video support these opinions. :roll:

Maroubra Eel

Coach
kia ora storm said:
Gees Kids...get over it. Morrison did not score. Storm won. Enough Said..:)

I have to agree. It doesn't matter now. Its over. Parra played hard but Storm were too good.

Dutchy

Immortal
Referees made right call in Parra no try
Written by: Referees news
11/09/2006

Referee's coach Robert Finch says match day officials were right in not awarding a try to Parramatta forward Glenn Morrison in the Eels narrow finals loss to Melbourne.

Finch has reviewed the footage after Eels players claimed the ruling had cost them the match in the 12-6 loss which also ended their season. But Finch has supported the view of video referees Chris Ward and Phil Cooley who decided there was insufficient evidence to award a try to Morrison.

The video review found no evidence of the ball touching the ground.

Finch has also supported the decision by referee Sean Hampstead on Friday night in sin binning Knights centre George Carmont and Manly pair Travis Burns and Ben Kennedy.

Y2Eel

First Grade
scottyj said:
Referees made right call in Parra no try
Written by: Referees news
11/09/2006

Referee's coach Robert Finch says match day officials were right in not awarding a try to Parramatta forward Glenn Morrison in the Eels narrow finals loss to Melbourne.

Finch has reviewed the footage after Eels players claimed the ruling had cost them the match in the 12-6 loss which also ended their season. But Finch has supported the view of video referees Chris Ward and Phil Cooley who decided there was insufficient evidence to award a try to Morrison.

The video review found no evidence of the ball touching the ground.

Finch has also supported the decision by referee Sean Hampstead on Friday night in sin binning Knights centre George Carmont and Manly pair Travis Burns and Ben Kennedy.

OK i dont care if its a try or not now, but The benifit of doubt must be scrapped after this comment... The video review found no evidence of the ball touching the ground. if they found evidence, then its a try no benifit of doubt or anything so just get rid of it...

innsaneink

Referee
Y2Eel said:
OK i dont care i its a try or not now, but The benifit of doubt must be scrapped after this comment... The video review found no evidence of the ball touching the ground.if they found evidence, then its a try no benifit of doubt or anything so just get rid of it...

You seem to be still in some doubt....:lol:

I can tell you, it was "No try"

Latest posts