What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morts / Crystal Ball Thread

DeanPay98

Juniors
I think Mortz is an out and out half. I can't see him at fullback or hooker. But he is still very young and could become a long term 5/8 for the Eels or another team. I hope Roberts is successful but if he isn't Mortz is a useful back up.

Suitman

Post Whore
:lol: @ Morts at Fullback, or how about we chase Anasta and put him there i mean it worked out great :crazy: Anything to keep Hayne out of fullback and him confine him to 6.........

Come on mate. Despite him being defensively and bomb taking challenged, he'd make a cracking no 1. :lol:

Suity

Last edited:

CrazyEel

Bench
Come on mate. Despite him being defensively and bomb taking challenged, he'd make a cracking no 1. :lol:

Suity
Oh dear, I think I owe the boy an apology. It may have endured a long and lonely journey across what passes for his brain but I gotta concede it was a very original thought, f**king stupid but definitely original.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
It really depends what he does between here and the end of the season.

SDM

First Grade
If Morts played fullback he could do interviews during defensive sets.

True EEL

Bench
so many pseudo comedians on this forum.

no they're real comedians, sure they would get paid to be that funny :roll:

and SDM i didn't edit my original post, i went back to edit something, but it wasn't necessary

and Suity.....ahhhh you know what *sigh* actually, nevermind...... :roll:

True EEL

Bench
If Morts played fullback he could do interviews during defensive sets.

i've actually made the suggestion before, maybe you and Suity just never saw it...you two were probably making out whilst watching Degrassi Junior High on tape at the time :lol:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Mortimer was a fullback in the juniors I understand. Can't see why he couldn't make a go at it, depends what he is like under the high ball. Plenty of players of around his size have played fullback in the NRL.

I think he would also make a very good 14 of the bench.

True EEL

Bench
Mortimer was a fullback in the juniors I understand. Can't see why he couldn't make a go at it, depends what he is like under the high ball. Plenty of players of around his size have played fullback in the NRL.

I think he would also make a very good 14 of the bench.

see this is the point i was making....he could go well at fullback on the attacking side of the ball, but be a potential liability on the defensive side

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
see this is the point i was making....he could go well at fullback on the attacking side of the ball, but be a potential liability on the defensive side

Slater and Bowen were no brick walls at the back when they started either

Suitman

Post Whore

Quit while you're behind. Seriously.

At least one person agrees with you. It's been a successful week then, eh?

Suity

Grail

Juniors
Morts will be released next year to join the Bulldogs or Roosters on a midyear transfer.

bartman

Immortal
OK guys, roll out your crystal balls and give me your predictions. Some options are:-

• Morts will be snapped up and play for another club in 2012, - here's hoping, for his sake
  • Play out 2012 in Wenty and be back up for NRL only, - could live with that
  • Come good and play NRL in 2012, if so as a 6 or 9 ? - can't see him forcing his way in as anything other than a backup 14
  • Have his contract renewed for a further term, and lastly - please no!
  • Not offered a contract after next year. - sounds likely
What will happen to the Golden Child Morts ? :-k

Another option is for Morts to ask for a release early next year, after realising he hasn't improved his standing in the halves pecking order, and is staring at a full year with Wenty? Not because he could get a better offer elsewhere in $$$ terms, but because he might be able to sniff a chance to return to firsts and back himself to then earn a new contract elsewhere.

The club would need to make sure it's covered his winery's sponsorship dollars in the off-season before any move is made either way though...

Latest posts