What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Morts / Crystal Ball Thread

parra pete

Referee
I think it has already been decided that he'd be a cracking fullback, if only he could get over his bomb catching and defensive liabilities. :sarcasm:

Suity

I think you will find he topped the tackle count in his last NRL match...

Avenger

Immortal
He needed to be dropped but I must say I feel sorry for Morts. He could be the next Brett Firman, remember him ?

I don't.
I think he has only made it to where he is because of his name.
As a first grader, I think he has little talent.
He may be killing it at Wenty, but he seriously has shown a lack of required skill in most departments to be a regular NRL player.

Suity

I said this in 2009, and again at the start of 2010, I wanted to see him get a good few years at Wenty under his belt.

He made a stunning debut, played what 10 - 12 games in a red hot side, scored a few tries, but he was never ready to play football with men. When he was dumped on the Queensland Road trip last year, I was very hopeful he would get his stint at Wenty.

Daniel was the starting Half back in Under 20's in 2008 and 2009, he was in the 20s, with Kris Keating, Keating was ready to step up in 2009 but was injured so they went for Daniel. Having never played against men.

Now he is there, I see improvement in him each week, he is another year away I think from being able to take a first grade game by the scruff of the throat and turn it into something, we should watch how he plays at Wenty for the first part of 2012 then decide if we should sign him again on a contract comparative with his previous performance and not on his speculative value.

I have no doubts the kid will play more first grade ball. When I am a little fuzzier on.

The sad part about this, is we got baited into paying massive overs for the kid, and that affected the retention and recruitment policy for 2010 and onwards. In the salary cap era, you pay for your mistakes for a few years.

spartan2153

Juniors
I don't.
I think he has only made it to where he is because of his name.
As a first grader, I think he has little talent.
He may be killing it at Wenty, but he seriously has shown a lack of required skill in most departments to be a regular NRL player.

Suity

Not a truer word said. If he was any other player you would all want his blood.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I said this in 2009, and again at the start of 2010, I wanted to see him get a good few years at Wenty under his belt.

He made a stunning debut, played what 10 - 12 games in a red hot side, scored a few tries, but he was never ready to play football with men. When he was dumped on the Queensland Road trip last year, I was very hopeful he would get his stint at Wenty.

Daniel was the starting Half back in Under 20's in 2008 and 2009, he was in the 20s, with Kris Keating, Keating was ready to step up in 2009 but was injured so they went for Daniel. Having never played against men.

Now he is there, I see improvement in him each week, he is another year away I think from being able to take a first grade game by the scruff of the throat and turn it into something, we should watch how he plays at Wenty for the first part of 2012 then decide if we should sign him again on a contract comparative with his previous performance and not on his speculative value.

I have no doubts the kid will play more first grade ball. When I am a little fuzzier on.

The sad part about this, is we got baited into paying massive overs for the kid, and that affected the retention and recruitment policy for 2010 and onwards. In the salary cap era, you pay for your mistakes for a few years.

I agree with this.

Mort's eyes increase in smoldering intensity in 2012 to the point that he leaves the Nrl and becomes the new cyclops in the x men. Professor x praises him on his training attitude during his 1st year at the academy

:lol: So close. Needed more eyeliner, maybe.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lol @ Morts to fullback still funny nearly 4 years later, can't believe he wasn't snapped up by Benny and the Broncos.......

Latest posts