What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the most over rated players in rl history

Incorrect

Coach
Phil Bailey. Played for Australia.

So did Danny Moore, who I'll never forget had this written next to his name in the Sunday Paper for the 1995 Grand Final Preview - "a lack of coordination lets him down at times" - Gold!!! :lol::lol:

TheDalek079

Bench
So did Danny Moore, who I'll never forget had this written next to his name in the Sunday Paper for the 1995 Grand Final Preview - "a lack of coordination lets him down at times" - Gold!!! :lol::lol:

won't forget his game against Easts where he catches a bomb, goes to the ground, the impact of which forces him to throw the ball up, to be caught by Elsegood who scores for EAsts

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Eskimos are not accredited level 2 refs.

Try again.

Haha, brilliant. So you know the rules. This gives you no credentials to be able to judge a decent rugby league player, and clearly you can't.

Luke Brooks. Decent on attack but you cannot carry someone as completely shit as him on defence unless they're a one in a lifetime attacking talent. His miss on Wighton deserves a new word to be invented, much stronger than pathetic or horrendous.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Haha, brilliant. So you know the rules. This gives you no credentials to be able to judge a decent rugby league player, and clearly you can't.

Luke Brooks. Decent on attack but you cannot carry someone as completely shit as him on defence unless they're a one in a lifetime attacking talent. His miss on Wighton deserves a new word to be invented, much stronger than pathetic or horrendous.

Moltzen. He moltzed it.

Vic Mackey

Referee
won't forget his game against Easts where he catches a bomb, goes to the ground, the impact of which forces him to throw the ball up, to be caught by Elsegood who scores for EAsts

That was in the 1996 semi final series wasn't it? Game was replayed on fox during the off season.

Howdy

Juniors
Agree with Shitfied, how that guy won golden boot no one will ever know. Probably because English bastards wanted to give award once in their lifetimes to English bastard

LESStar58

Referee
Vatuvei has generally been a very good winger. I've never seen a guys ability judged on one game more then this guy. He had that shocker back in what, 2007? Sure he drops some bombs, but what winger doesn't? Overall he has been a hugely successful winger IMO.

One that upset a lot of fans of his own club, Jason nightingale. The guy is an out and out plodder. Decent finisher but apart from that he is a below average first grader. Because he is unfashionable, a club junior and gives his all he is one of these players that the clubs fans love and greatly over estimate how good he actually is. St George Illawarras very own Alan tounge. Wouldnt be in the top 20 wingers in the NRL.

I've come around on Nightingale actually.

even though he had the audacity to sook when he headbutted Billy Slater and then got belted for his trouble he's probably the most consistent winger in the NRL in my opinion. Great finisher as well and add premiership winner and world cup winner to his resume.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Given he's currently the "Golden Boot", Johnson is right up there

Massively overrated. Goes well in spurts, which a great football doth not make. And with a previous man crush on him, this is hard to say.

Konrad is further overrated, however. A hell of a lot of our fan base (not on here, the general walk-up crowd) think he's a hero who had a good season last year. A lot of us who aren't spellbound by his quest for Instagram fame see him as a lazy trainer, lazy player who turns up in very short spurts - usually against a bottom 8 team or if his parents turn up to watch. Also a very poor defender, as shown when Simona brushed him off like a pesky sandfly two weeks ago.

I'm picking at the end of his next contract, he'll take the money and run to somewhere like Japan or Euro rugby.