What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the most over rated players in rl history

DiegoNT

First Grade
You couldn't say Chris Sandow is overrated. Every commentator and most fans know what he is, he's a naturally gifted halfback, but with huge flaws in his game and a problem with consistency.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Vatuvei's scored an awful lot of tries for an overrated hack, especially considering the centres he's spent most of his career playing outside.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Vatuvei has generally been a very good winger. I've never seen a guys ability judged on one game more then this guy. He had that shocker back in what, 2007? Sure he drops some bombs, but what winger doesn't? Overall he has been a hugely successful winger IMO.

One that upset a lot of fans of his own club, Jason nightingale. The guy is an out and out plodder. Decent finisher but apart from that he is a below average first grader. Because he is unfashionable, a club junior and gives his all he is one of these players that the clubs fans love and greatly over estimate how good he actually is. St George Illawarras very own Alan tounge. Wouldnt be in the top 20 wingers in the NRL.

POPEYE

Coach
Vatuvei has generally been a very good winger. I've never seen a guys ability judged on one game more then this guy. He had that shocker back in what, 2007? Sure he drops some bombs, but what winger doesn't? Overall he has been a hugely successful winger IMO.

One that upset a lot of fans of his own club, Jason nightingale. The guy is an out and out plodder. Decent finisher but apart from that he is a below average first grader. Because he is unfashionable, a club junior and gives his all he is one of these players that the clubs fans love and greatly over estimate how good he actually is. St George Illawarras very own Alan tounge. Wouldnt be in the top 20 wingers in the NRL.

You know sfa about Rugby League

This Year?

Immortal

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love your work.

Quality bait.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Vatuvei? :crazy:

How a bloke, who will later this season become the first player in league history to score 10 or more tries in a season for 10 years straight, be considered over-rated is well beyond my comprehension.

Each to their own, but bugger me, that is just dumb.

Lambretta

First Grade
Now there's definitely the most f**king overrated player of all time

It wasn't his fault he had those f**king holes in his hands

Pontius pilate was on the rule change committe and thought Jesus needed handicapping. Apparently being able to walk on water was seen as a performance enhancing advantage. Everyone knows that Rugby League isn't even played on water. Mind you up until he was nailed to a tree - Jesus was a dab hand at getting the ball back at Leichhardt when it went over the fence and landed in the harbour.

So greatest ball boy of all time? Most definitely

DiegoNT

First Grade
Anyone know of any players who went from underrated to overrated in the blind of the eye.? For example at souths when we first moved McQueen to the forwards he was appreciated by the fans by the way he done his job and got things done with no fuss. Souths fans loved him but other teams fans probably had know clue who he was. Suddenly the commentators started praising him, he got picked for origin, reports he got a pay rise and everyone started saying his overrated even though his pretty much playing at the same level he always has.

Incorrect

Coach
Eskimos are not accredited level 2 refs.

Try again.

Being an accredited ref is neither here nor there...

I watched Adam Dead$hit referee the Cows V Rabbits game last night.... I'm not convinced he knows what rugby league is based on some of his decisions...

JJ

Immortal
Two guys I'd like to add are Thomas Leullai and JWH. Leullai was seen as an essential player in the Kiwi line-up and I could not see why. Extremely limited player.

JWH likes to play the tough guy but his main job should be to get metres....he should be able to do so much better in that area.
Another poster mentioned

Agree on JWH, all huff and not so much puff imo

But, sorry, did I miss it when someone rated Leuluai??? He's a plodder at this level, no mistake

Latest posts