What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Moylan Issue

Quicksilver

Bench
If his body doesn’t improve he’s about the same use to an ESL club as he is to an NRL club.

If I was in charge of an ESL club I’d take a punt on him. But i wouldn’t be giving him elite money in the gamble. It’s basically the same equation as an NRL club at the moment.

So I don’t think we’re going to go anywhere near covering his salary cap cost with a move.

And since we’re going to be forking out about $600k for him to play elsewhere, I think we’re probably best to hold on so that if he does come good we at least get the upside.

I’d be picking other players in front of him until such time as he can work his way back into the team. If he wants to leave to get an opportunity on a reduced pay from us, then fine. But if we’re paying most of his salary we should keep him on our books.

snout

First Grade
If his body doesn’t improve he’s about the same use to an ESL club as he is to an NRL club.

If I was in charge of an ESL club I’d take a punt on him. But i wouldn’t be giving him elite money in the gamble. It’s basically the same equation as an NRL club at the moment.

So I don’t think we’re going to go anywhere near covering his salary cap cost with a move.

And since we’re going to be forking out about $600k for him to play elsewhere, I think we’re probably best to hold on so that if he does come good we at least get the upside.

I’d be picking other players in front of him until such time as he can work his way back into the team. If he wants to leave to get an opportunity on a reduced pay from us, then fine. But if we’re paying most of his salary we should keep him on our books.
Thats why you tell the world he is dropped. Not he is injured.

AJB1102

First Grade
Leave him out. If he gets the strops and wants to bail/retire, you beauty. So long as his situation doesn't infect the group.

Craigshark

First Grade
He definitely wasn’t sitting with any of the other injured or rested players or in the coaches box. Didn’t see him in any photos at training during the week either so who knows what’s happening

chewsta

First Grade
Commentators on Kayo were talking about the players we had yet to return. They mentioned SJ and Chad who were both in the crowd and then they mentioned Moylan "who is watching the game at home" but didnt elaborate on why.

Card Shark

Immortal
Morris already said this in the press conference last night. Moylan struggled with his hamstring on Wednesday so when Johnson was ruled out, we had to apply to the NRL to bring Trindall in.

The press conference was interesting, well worth a watch.

He said he dropped him & then couldn’t re-select him when Johnson pulled out because his hammy was dodgy.

He is doing to us what he did @ Penrith! What player doesn’t go to a home game unless on ya death bed!

ghoti

Bench
Id be picking other players in front of him until such time as he can work his way back into the team. If he wants to leave to get an opportunity on a reduced pay from us, then fine. But if we’re paying most of his salary we should keep him on our books.

Agree with this! Smart take.. clubs that are in the shit atm are clubs that are paying other salaries cos they got impatient with moving people on. We're lucky in that our squad is more or less set and salary cap compliant for 2021 and don't need a deep dive into the market... Moylan may be unreliable and imperfect, but he's on the books and knows the structures. You're absolutely right...and f**k, tell him Kennedy has earned the #1, so he can fight for it and get ready to play for the Jets until there's an injury. (And that Johnson, Townsend, Trindall and Tracey are all ahead of him for the halves).

If he spits the dummy hopefully we're stronger at bargaining than we were with Josh Morris...

Weaponhead

Coach
In corporate terms it is called managing someone out.

Moyza is playing poorly. His body is farked and is a waste of cap space. If he can get a 2-3 year deal elsewhere, he should take it. Others are going better and he needs to get back to his best to resurrect his career.

If Trindall keeps improving does Morris have the same conversation with Chad? Ball playing halves are very rare these days and Trindall has it. Losing him would be very tough.

ghoti

Bench
If Trindall keeps improving does Morris have the same conversation with Chad? Ball playing halves are very rare these days and Trindall has it. Losing him would be very tough.

I feel like Bomber would be getting a lot of satisfaction out of seeing the juniors he worked with coming through.. I don't know how much involvement he had with Trindall, but I feel like it'd sting Morris more than anyone if he left. (He did seemed nonplussed by Kyle's departure...)

With Chad in the coaching box last few weeks, I'm guessing he walks straight into the #7 this week..he seems like a confidante for Bomber and we are low on experience throughout the squad. But I hope we sign Trindall for two more years and this off-season, next pre-season tell them the 7 is up for grabs and mean it

bluefox68

Staff member
Agree with this! Smart take.. clubs that are in the shit atm are clubs that are paying other salaries cos they got impatient with moving people on. We're lucky in that our squad is more or less set and salary cap compliant for 2021 and don't need a deep dive into the market... Moylan may be unreliable and imperfect, but he's on the books and knows the structures. You're absolutely right...and f**k, tell him Kennedy has earned the #1, so he can fight for it and get ready to play for the Jets until there's an injury. (And that Johnson, Townsend, Trindall and Tracey are all ahead of him for the halves).

If he spits the dummy hopefully we're stronger at bargaining than we were with Josh Morris...
We only have to put up with him for one more year.

Version IV

Juniors
I feel like Bomber would be getting a lot of satisfaction out of seeing the juniors he worked with coming through.. I don't know how much involvement he had with Trindall, but I feel like it'd sting Morris more than anyone if he left. (He did seemed nonplussed by Kyle's departure...)

With Chad in the coaching box last few weeks, I'm guessing he walks straight into the #7 this week..he seems like a confidante for Bomber and we are low on experience throughout the squad. But I hope we sign Trindall for two more years and this off-season, next pre-season tell them the 7 is up for grabs and mean it
The more I watch us and other transit not experience is key but quality experience and what it brings to the team.
Example Dugan is leader Chad is not

Latest posts