What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The mundine connection

humpy

Juniors
I will be up front and say I cannot stand this idiot, but is it any coincidence that Mundine and his idiot manager come onto the scene at the beginning of the year and Sooky Bill goes from being the pin up boy of the NRL, to a dog who walks out on his mates and thinks he is bigger than the game.

Seem to remember Mundine doing the smae thing at the Dragons when he thought he was the greatest thing since the Steden was invented, and dissapeared to Hawaii before announcing he was leaving League and becoming a boxer.

All of those free tickets handed out to this goose's fight next wednesday to his league "friends" should be thrown back in his face. He and his manager have a lot to answer for.

gong_eagle

First Grade
the Day Mundine gets flattened in one of his fights you will hear a all mighty cheer across the nation

Eels Dude

Coach
Rugby League should avoid anything to do with Mundine completely. Why the Footy Show bring him on to promote his fight last week I don't know. He's had his influence on Nasser and Sonny Bill without a doubt.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Rugby League should avoid anything to do with Mundine completely. Why the Footy Show bring him on to promote his fight last week I don't know. He's had his influence on Nasser and Sonny Bill without a doubt.

I switched over when he came on

andrew057

First Grade
Yeah Mundine made SBW sign a 5 year contract or whatever it was then break it only a year in. Wake up, is SBW a genius? He knows what hes doing and its decision. To blame Mundine is laughable.

humpy

Juniors
Yeah Mundine made SBW sign a 5 year contract or whatever it was then break it only a year in. Wake up, is SBW a genius? He knows what hes doing and its decision. To blame Mundine is laughable.

Agree that Sooky Bill is totally accountable for his own actions, but you have to admit he has taken a massive reversal in regard to his behaviour / actions since he has attached himself to these 2 grubs.

As an aside, Dogs have had great luck with these 5 year contracts?? First they were stuck with Sherwin until they found him a new home, and now this debacle.

Eels Dude

Coach

Nobody is blaming him directly. But to say Mundine didn't influence his decision is laughable itself...

If it wasn't for League then Mundine would be nobody. Yet he continually criticizes the game and has tried to influence others out also. That's the disgrace.

Matterhorn

Juniors
All i can say is if a guy can jump on a plane to sign with a 2nd division french club even though he signed an apparently water tight contract then we have massive problems.

This sets a bad precedant to every kid in the NRL? Do your time in the NRL until a good overseas offer comes along & take the big dollars even though you have a contract with your current club.

The guy on 50k supporting a family/mortage must be shaking his head in disbelief.

Eels Dude

Coach
All i can say is if a guy can jump on a plane to sign with a 2nd division french club even though he signed an apparently water tight contract then we have massive problems.

This sets a bad precedant to every kid in the NRL? Do your time in the NRL until a good overseas offer comes along & take the big dollars even though you have a contract with your current club.

The guy on 50k supporting a family/mortage must be shaking his head in disbelief.

Anyone can do that... whether they get away with it is another question and we'll find out more about that in coming days.

Paley

Juniors
Toulon aren't a 2nd division club. They have been promoted and will play in the Top 14 next season.

The worry is that french union clubs are dishonourable organisations who don't give a toss about contracts elsewhere. Fa'afili reneged on a contract with London and now SBW has reneged on a contract with the Bulldogs - french union clubs are happy for them to do that. The Bulldogs have to act, they have to make the contract stick and if that means SBW spends the next few years stuck in a courtroom then good.

boonboon

Juniors
Only SBW is to blame and yes he might be getting advice of the worng people or the worng advice - but he is an adult and as such is responsible for his own decisions - the rest of us live that way and so will he- perosnally if he tries to go over thier I hope the NRL suspends him - I believe that the 2 sports have an agreement that a player suspended in one sport is nable to comepte in another

_Johnsy

Referee

How exactly?, I can understand someone hating mundine, but tryng to apportion part of the blame at his feet is ridiculous.

sydraider

First Grade

So Mundine being present as one of "sonny's posse" at that meeting with the dogs board makes you think that He had no influence whatsoever over anything Sonny has just done, wake the f**k up, why do you keep defending this moron, it is you who are laughable.

eastsrule

Bench
So Mundine being present as one of "sonny's posse" at that meeting with the dogs board makes you think that He had no influence whatsoever over anything Sonny has just done, wake the f**k up, why do you keep defending this moron, it is you who are laughable.

Sonny earns the bulldogs and the nrl multiple times 450k a year.

It is only right that he sorts out to get his cut. He didn't. Now he has excercised his right and so be it.

Moffo

Referee

no he doesn't, he is a stupid f**king gullible kid with the intellect of a burnt penis

Eels Dude

Coach
How exactly?, I can understand someone hating mundine, but tryng to apportion part of the blame at his feet is ridiculous.

Ridiculous eh? It's common knowledge that Williams and Mundine became friends during the off season last year. Wasn't it Mundine who introduced him to Nasser in the first place? They share a manager now for effing sake.

Mundine appeared with Nasser at "the meeting" with Todd Greenberg earlier in the season, to discuss William's future. Why was he there if he had no connection with Sonny Bill?

He's not to blame. But anyone who doesn't think Mundine's words haven't influenced Williams is as dumb as Williams himself. Know what you're talking about before you post.

Moffo

Referee
Sonny earns the bulldogs and the nrl multiple times 450k a year.

It is only right that he sorts out to get his cut. He didn't. Now he has excercised his right and so be it.

and also breached a contract. dickwad