What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The myth of the Gooster

Moffo

Referee
Esablished in 1908, the Goosters are a blight on the otherwise picturesque Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. From Bronte to Bondi, the beaches remind us of the beauty of Sydney

But then we turn our attention to the cafes. The latte shops, the sushi bar, the sushi trains, the fitness clubs, the adult book stores. All true indicators of a yuppy presence. A yuppy presence that is pushed through by a footballing establishment otherwise known as the Goosters

From 1908, they have been borrowing ideas from other people. The club colours have French connections, the cock as a mascot is apt. The cock-a-doodlers have been 'entertaining' their cardboard cutout fan base through 2 world wars, vietnam and the introduction of the Big Mac to Australia

But tonight, dateline 1930.....They will learn a lesson. Don't mess with the Dog

See you at Moore Park this evening

Cheers,
Moffo

Muffdaddy

Juniors
Oh my God!!!!!!
Someone hold my sides in, their splitting.
Can you at least try and be funny. I don't mind the hassling that I get being a Roosters fan, but that was absolutely pathetic. Not even remotely funny or clever. Basic, immature drivel :lol:
Try again Dogs Breath......
:(

The Canterbury supporters seem very anxious and nervous about tonight's game.
They are playing a Roosters team who will be missing 4 internationals and it won't be a good look for the Dogs when we beat them. :lol:

Hazy

Juniors
Im a Rooster fan, and I am absolutely salivating at the thought of tonights match.

It is going to be tough, :x

It is going to be tight, :shock:

It is going to be close, :?

It isnt going to be shown in Melbourne till 11.30 on Fox!!!! :roll:

Of all the supporters that would not want to enter into a "Battle of the Stereotypes" at the moment it would have to be your mob.

But I wouldn't expect a dog like you to make the mental leap.

Roosters by 8.

Sportsjock

Juniors
I still recall the time Moffo came up with the pretty close to home true allegation of the Bondi Junction Easts Leagues Club spitting out tickets to Roosters games out of their pokies instead of coins :lol:

Pure classic.

Chook

First Grade
The myth of the Roosters is far less disturbing that the truth of the bulldogs! Shall we go into it?

Chook.

drake

First Grade
As 2 of the most morally deplorable, yet exciting teams, I'm looking forwards to this game tonight, It'll be a cracker.
I hope to see some blood flow. :twisted:

Southernsaint

Staff member
Sportsjock said:
I still recall the time Moffo came up with the pretty close to home true allegation of the Bondi Junction Easts Leagues Club spitting out tickets to Roosters games out of their pokies instead of coins :lol:

Pure classic.

Well in this week's papers, they've been running a "buy two, get one free" ticket promotion.

A little more sophisticated than the Big Mac specials of a few years ago :lol:

Cheers,
Ben S.

melon....

Coach
After losing Caveman and Quentin last week, my hopes sunk a little in anticipation of this week’s game.

As the week has unfolded, the side’s named, and the sagas at the Dogs, I am feeling confident. I am more confident this week than the last 3 times we have played these fools.

And then I read Price’s comments about discipline and became super confident. The pressure is on the Dogs. We have a few good men out, but I love watching the younger guys have a go...because they have spine.

The Yak’s back and Ned’s firing....had another look at the team sheet, and its all good.

Go Easts.

We lose nothing with Cusack and Flannery and while Wing is a big loss Henderson is a better player than Grimealdi so as Melon said all is good. :D

melon....

Coach
Henderson and Webb will come innto their own tonight RC. They will shellshock the Dogs, who think without Wing we have no dummy half service or spark. The young fellas will run riot!!!

Caged Panther

First Grade
Rooster Cogburn. said:
The thing is Melon the Dogs are underestimating us. Not only their fans but Folkes as well. We'll kill them. :D

you'll win which will put you on a very big high that you will come crashing down from next friday night :lol: :lol: :lol:

hopefully

Latest posts