What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The name keeps getting louder SHAUN JOHNSON

st.phil

Bench
Just the kind of news that could keep the knives from being thrown tonight at the Kogarah red V forum...

Elias1983

Coach
I don't think anything will stop that St Phil...

Besides I call bullshit on the Johnson thing...

st.phil

Bench
True...but all people want to see when things are going bad is action...a path to recovery. Johnson would be a dream combo with Widdop...quite literally a fantasy NRL combo. But I'm with you - sounds like wishful thinking. In the past we have been fed "don't worry - there are no problems - organic growth - work in progress"...suffice to say that won't fly tonight!

Father Ted

First Grade
Johnson: "I could do with some good coaching to achieve my potential. I could go to Penrith, and link up with the bloke who I played my best football and got into a Grand Final with and who really look like they're building to something. Or I could go to St George, who are currently second last and worse than the Warriors who are holding me back. Yes, I'll definitely go to St George".

Well since you put it that way Doc.. But on Fien and Stanley at first I was annoyed then for a brief time it was funny after all a first grade coach being so clueless..Now a good movie maker could make an Australian Tragedy out of this blind, stubborn , pointless obsession that we have with our selections.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Ive been harping on about this kid for months now.......if only we could somehow sign this bloke now for me it would be a case of dreams do come true......alongside Widdop we would have an awesome halves pairing.....I'd better stop dreaming because I will only torment myself...

nrlnrl

First Grade
Ive been harping on about this kid for months now.......if only we could somehow sign this bloke now for me it would be a case of dreams do come true......alongside Widdop we would have an awesome halves pairing.....I'd better stop dreaming because I will only torment myself...

yep save yourself the drama & realise that the Dragons are no chance of signing him. Hopefully Williams or whoever else we sign to play half forms a combo with Widdop that works & brings out the best in our squad

Wow johnson is going to have a busy year next year if the fanboys are to be believed, playing for the Dragons, Panthers, Broncos, Tigers and Eels.

This whole Johnson and Elliot have a bad relationship thing cracks me up. Shaun was playing like a busted arse in one game and got pulled. From there everyone trying to fill column space created the rumour. Both Elliot and Johnson have gone to great lengths to say they have no issue, and with Elliot even saying that Shaun is a future captain of the club.

Then with Tomkins coming to play fullback theyve put two and two together and got 5. The warriors are massively under the cap, so there's no need for us to ship off one of our marquee players to fit Tomkins in. If other fan boys are to be believed they have 'strong sources' that we are sending Hurrell to souths, while others say Matulino to Hull, Kevin Locke to Brisbane and Shaun is heading to 5 clubs. It's laughable.

Then on top of that the other consideration is the fan reaction. The board knows they'd be signing their death warrants if they let Shaun leave. He will be given a blank cheque to stay. Can't see the allure of playing under Price is going to counter-act that.

Shaun is signed until the end of 2014. I expect that deal will be extended long term in the very near future.

BennyV

Referee
Wow johnson is going to have a busy year next year if the fanboys are to be believed, playing for the Dragons, Panthers, Broncos, Tigers and Eels.

This whole Johnson and Elliot have a bad relationship thing cracks me up. Shaun was playing like a busted arse in one game and got pulled. From there everyone trying to fill column space created the rumour. Both Elliot and Johnson have gone to great lengths to say they have no issue, and with Elliot even saying that Shaun is a future captain of the club.

Then with Tomkins coming to play fullback theyve put two and two together and got 5. The warriors are massively under the cap, so there's no need for us to ship off one of our marquee players to fit Tomkins in. If other fan boys are to be believed they have 'strong sources' that we are sending Hurrell to souths, while others say Matulino to Hull, Kevin Locke to Brisbane and Shaun is heading to 5 clubs. It's laughable.

Then on top of that the other consideration is the fan reaction. The board knows they'd be signing their death warrants if they let Shaun leave. He will be given a blank cheque to stay. Can't see the allure of playing under Price is going to counter-act that.

Shaun is signed until the end of 2014. I expect that deal will be extended long term in the very near future.

BLASHPHEMY:crazy:

nrlnrl

First Grade
Thank you, at least now you are talking sense.

yep, I'm hearing there's mail all the speculation about Johnson ( especially to Dragons ) is BS - you read it here first

Sometimes I think these threads are started by guys having contests to see who can get the most replies or views. A similar thing is done on radio where guys ring in with deliberately dumb questions / statements or see who can stay on-air the longest before being cut-off.

Last edited:

Morotti

Juniors
Johnson still needs a lot of polish as a half. I watched the Warriors vs Broncos game and I thought his kicking game was very poor. Perhaps that was just an anomaly but I think he is a long way from the finished product.

BennyV

Referee
Williams signed for 1 year with option for extension - could Mr Doust be playing cheeky buggers and go after Johnson next year, with the extension option for Williams acting as backup?

jenninga

First Grade
Williams signed for 1 year with option for extension - could Mr Doust be playing cheeky buggers and go after Johnson next year, with the extension option for Williams acting as backup?

It is mighty suspicious by Doust,but if he is keeping options open for another half option then why not.It is up to Williams now to earn an extension next season.

Latest posts