What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The name keeps getting louder SHAUN JOHNSON

BennyV

Referee
Solid information today confirming that Doust is definitely perusing Johnson for 2015 on a long term contract.

Again he will become the dragons first MARQUEE PLAYER if we land his signature. If Doust fails to land johnson he will activate Williams option for 2015 and beyond.

Watch this space. ......

Is he looking to announce that this year or before next season?

Something about that bugs me...not sure why, as much as I'd love Johnson to be locked up I'm not a big fan of signing a year in advance, kind of writes off the current year...might mess with some of our juniors too...who knows...

Also, I'm pretty sure Widdop (premiership winning 5/8, england international) counts as a marquee signing...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Solid information today confirming that Doust is definitely perusing Johnson for 2015 on a long term contract.

Again he will become the dragons first MARQUEE PLAYER if we land his signature. If Doust fails to land johnson he will activate Williams option for 2015 and beyond.

Watch this space. ......
I see you avoided my questions. Not that I doubt you but please give it a go...

Define 'dragons'.

Define 'first'.

Define 'MARQUEE'.

And a newie...

Define 'space'.

Saint Anger

Juniors

Watch this space. ......

This would be a great signing.

I'm beginning to like these players that have a falling out with their coach/admin and sign with us.

...and this is me :shock: watching this space.

fedzy

Juniors
the problem if this happens is Price will stick him in reserves as he wants him to work on his defence

DIMEAST

Juniors
I see you avoided my questions. Not that I doubt you but please give it a go...

Define 'dragons'.

Define 'first'.

Define 'MARQUEE'.

And a newie...

Define 'space'.

I'm guessing he means he'd be the Dragons' first marquee signing under the new marquee salary cap allowances? Can't see the Warriors letting him go, it would be WWIII over here in NZ

Steelman

Juniors
Don't expect Doust or or the dragons organisation to confirm any information regarding there intention to sign Johnson or anyone else as a marquee player.

This is not how the dragons go about their business and we the fans will be the last to know if and when these intended signings eventuate.

As a dragons tragic myself I'm just glad in the fact that thing's are happening behind closed doors which will hopefully make the club a force once more..

On a side note I'm told that Prices position as coach is now currently being reviewed.....Also Jackson Hastings to the Roosters is not a done deal yet....And club management is still hopeful he will remain with the red v....

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Don't expect Doust or or the dragons organisation to confirm any information regarding there intention to sign Johnson or anyone else as a marquee player.

This is not how the dragons go about their business and we the fans will be the last to know if and when these intended signings eventuate.

As a dragons tragic myself I'm just glad in the fact that thing's are happening behind closed doors which will hopefully make the club a force once more..

On a side note I'm told that Prices position as coach is now currently being reviewed.....Also Jackson Hastings to the Roosters is not a done deal yet....And club management is still hopeful he will remain with the red v....

They can't confirm it because he is under contract next year, meaning we can't negotiate until Novemebr at the earliest.

possm

Coach
If they are keeping Hastings then I don't think they need to sign Johnson. In two years time under the leadership of supercoach Price, Hastings will be ready for first grade, origin and the world.

Father Ted

First Grade
I'm guessing he means he'd be the Dragons' first marquee signing under the new marquee salary cap allowances? Can't see the Warriors letting him go, it would be WWIII over here in NZ

Would be the first Army to ever invade through Border security and be Funded by Centrelink .. Who said that ?? Mods help someones using my computer I D :eek:

Father Ted

First Grade
If they are keeping Hastings then I don't think they need to sign Johnson. In two years time under the leadership of supercoach Price, Hastings will be ready for first grade, origin and the world.

If Hastings goes then plan B sign Johnson. If Hastings stays Johnson surplus to needs imo.

BennyV

Referee
If Hastings goes then plan B sign Johnson. If Hastings stays Johnson surplus to needs imo.

As talented as Hastings is, do you really think anyone in their right mind would pass up a proven star like Johnson for a 17 year old in his first year in Under 20s?

Puff

First Grade
As talented as Hastings is, do you really think anyone in their right mind would pass up a proven star like Johnson for a 17 year old in his first year in Under 20s?

I hear you Benny.

Some people on here would have you believe the u20's and the NRL are in fact the same competition.

jenninga

First Grade
This would be a great signing.

I'm beginning to like these players that have a falling out with their coach/admin and sign with us.

...and this is me :shock: watching this space.

Bet you would love Price to have a falling out with our players.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Yeah, but Hastings is a bit special IMO.

I agree though, you take other young blokes who are proven or blokes who have experience, talent and are looking for an opportunity.

I don't think we will need to go past Sam Williams though.

dragondonar1

Juniors
Periff have offers johnson 600000 contact but warriors won't release him. I will say this if he does not come to us than I hope he goes to penriff and plays well with soward.

Puff

First Grade
Periff have offers johnson 600000 contact but warriors won't release him. I will say this if he does not come to us than I hope he goes to penriff and plays well with soward.

I don't, Soward is no longer a Saint so he can play for the Panthers just like he played with us for the last 6 months for all I care.

Father Ted

First Grade

You do like to answer you're own questions Benny. By then Hastings will be what 19 or 20 and be first grade ready imo and we'd get 10 years out of him. But he's leaving so the point is ? And the way some here are talking about Johnson well he can walk across the tasman to us if he wants to come.. My question back to you is Do you really, really think we are going to get Johnson given that we take forever to get it done and then pay unders ? Steelman are you Possm in disguise mate ?C'mon..

Steelman

Juniors
You do like to answer you're own questions Benny. By then Hastings will be what 19 or 20 and be first grade ready imo and we'd get 10 years out of him. But he's leaving so the point is ? And the way some here are talking about Johnson well he can walk across the tasman to us if he wants to come.. My question back to you is Do you really, really think we are going to get Johnson given that we take forever to get it done and then pay unders ? Steelman are you Possm in disguise mate ?C'mon..

Hahaha father Ted I'm just an old dragons tragic with a few mates in the organization.

Mate as any relevant information filters down from the top I like to share it with the rest of the tragics out there.
Wether it be right or wrong people like to know.