What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new jersey

ozbash

Referee
promo_1.jpg

i think i like it.

Scott

Bench
S P O R T S T O R Y
RELATED LINKS
» Have your say

» Subscribe to Archivestuff

ALL BLACK: Warriors second rower Wairangi Koopu models his side's new strip for the 2006 NRL season
FIONA GOODALL/Auckland Stuff

Warriors reveal new strip
26 January 2006

The Warriors revealed their new playing strip for the 2006 National Rugby League season today.

The new strip is predominantly black with silver lines down the top of the chest, while their alternative strip is all white.

Warriors CEO Wayne Scurrah said he had received outstanding feedback from players about the new jersey, which features a round collar.

"There were plenty of complimentary remarks when they put it on for the first time when we had some photos taken of the players recently," he said.

"The design also attracted glowing remarks from rival players and other onlookers when 10 of our players were in Sydney last week to shoot the NRL's 2006 commercial."

The creation of the playing strip, which began a year ago, sees the Warriors aligned with the PUMA Pace concept produced by one of the world's top international fashion designers Neil Barrett.

Bob Vann, Country Manager PUMA New Zealand, said the Warriors were just one of two teams in Australasia to be outfitted in the PUMA International Pace Collection. The other team is Essendon in the AFL (Australian Football League).

The Pace brand will be worn by 12 of the 32 teams at the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany.

The Vodafone Warriors will debut the new playing strip in their first pre-season trial against Canberra at North Harbour Stadium on Sunday, February 12.

The new uniform is due to be available in retail outlets from mid-February

I think it is a ripper!!

Iafeta

Referee
Haven't seen the away one yet, I love the home one. Awesome. Captures the New Zealand feel more compared to the old one.

phonetic

Juniors
Looks very sharp. Ever since moving away from the Blue/Red/White/Green kind of vibe, I've always liked the Warrior designs.

Especially that black and grey hooped jersey they occasionally wear.. that one is a belter!

dazza

Staff member
i`ve been told that puma are only bringing out jeseys for sale to the public & nothing else. no supporters gear at all.

on the jersey, looks too much like a soccer shirt for my liking. kingz/knights

but hey, it`s not what they look like that counts, aye?

cheers dazza

Home jersey looks great on a few players like Webb, Sione Clinton etc not to sure what it would look like on Simon, Pricey Martin etc
If you know what i mean

Nuke

Staff member
Why couldn't they keep the same design as the home jersey for the away one (obviously with the colours reversed)? I much prefer the home jersey to the away one. Also, is that colour white, or is it silver?

Ah, I might as well be the first person to say it ... bloody t-shirt jerseys! ;-)

Iafeta

Referee
0,1445,221161,00.jpg

Is the white one in the background the away jersey? Is there any other images of it?

Iafeta

Referee
Found the away one

promo_9.jpg

Ruben Wiki could pass as a pro wrestler :shock: Man he's muscly.

Robster

Bench
kinda like the black one , not sure bout the white one, though the black one looks like a wet suit. lol

phonetic

Juniors
I really like the away predominately white jersey. Very simple, very nice.

Both are pretty alright I think.