What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The no heart club

samshark

Juniors
Simmo's lack of ticker is well noted on here and rightly so but I ll add another one to the list, bloody Cameron Ciraldo. He is hopeless, hardly has a go, wont hit it up, hardly makes any tackles as the first man in. SOFT SOFT when he has the physique to be anything. Piss him off!!

jc155776

Coach
Geez your right on oth counts.

Ciraldo offers NOTHING. Bring in Perrenara or Star when he gets back.

Bird showed heart. Need more of it.

Inferno

Coach
Star is back. At least he was named on the Sharks site as returning on the bench for PL.

Dread

Juniors
I want to linger on Simmo's defence, or lack thereof, for a bit. What was the go with directing that Souths bloke (forgotten who scored) to the tryline after the big break? And playing for the ball on the other break, rather than the man?

Yeah, shown up big time. Sadly, with Kimmorley playing as well as he did tonight, I don't know if we can spare Kearney any time soon for the fullback spot.

sticky ricky

Juniors
I reckon shift Dykes to half and Seymore into 5/8. That way Dykes is running the show like he did so well last year and we can put Kearney back to full back. He is much more dangerous as a ball runner than a ball player.

Thomo.

First Grade
i have defended simmons in the past - he was rude to me when i spoke to him once.

but he wasn't fully there last night. i thought he has gotten stronger, but he was driven back on a few occassions last night.

Quigs

Immortal
Thomo. said:
i have defended simmons in the past - he was rude to me when i spoke to him once.

but he wasn't fully there last night. i thought he has gotten stronger, but he was driven back on a few occassions last night.

What was the old war joke - he was just like the Italian Tanks - one forward gear - 25 gears in reverse.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

kimbys

Juniors
fairly sure star was the number 14 in PL. Did a good job when he had the ball and did a HUGE tackle on norths no 8 Manificoa (?). right under the ribs and he had to be taken off the field. would have liked to see him do a bit more though.

kimbys

Juniors
Inferno said:
Star is back. At least he was named on the Sharks site as returning on the bench for PL.
Fairly sure star was the no. 14 in PL against norths. did a MASSIVE tackle on the Norths no 8 Manificoa (?) who had to go off with bad ribs. looked good when he had the ball but needs a bigger workrate.

SadShark

Bench
Apart from Kimmorley, Thompson & Bird, they've shown no heart, no guts & no pride. Easy to be a Sharks player even with Ricky Stuart as the coach. I can't see Ricky putting up with it though, and I'm sure he won't.

Big things needed for this club are 4 players that can individually turn out to be the game breaker. At present we've got none. Not enough skill and the abovementioned ingredience at the club. An Anderson/Raper hangover.

Inferno

Coach
Thomo. said:

I am curious, what did he say Thommo?

sharknows

Bench
Thomo. said:

For what it's worth Simmo was very close to the 20 girl killed when the car ploughed into the pedestrians at Kogarah earlier in the week. He's had a pretty tough week.

coolumsharkie

Referee
sharknows said:
For what it's worth Simmo was very close to the 20 girl killed when the car ploughed into the pedestrians at Kogarah earlier in the week. He's had a pretty tough week.

Well he should have put his hand up FFS.

The Popper

Bench
What a perfect thread for what I was just thinking. I was about to start a new thread but this one sounds similar.
I was talking to a bloke from Souths JL yesterday. The topic came up about why Cronulla can't win the comp. The comment came up `They've got no mongrel'. Then I thought back to my own involvement 20 - 45 years ago. He's right. I can't comment on real modern day play, but he could. And I recall how Souths and Dogs JL seemed `tougher' than ours back then. And Penrith JL was even tougher than that. Hard to put the finger on. Could be referees interpretations, or could be concentration on `pretty' play. Could be a bit of both or even more. Come to think of it, look at the contributions Davo made to the Sharks. He never failed to push the envelope.
Another factor, I believe, is apparent failure to encompass the whole of the JL. It used to be apparent, and probably still is, that factors other than footballing skill and talent came into play in selections. Instances of preferences for certain junior league and religious affiliations seemed apparent and possibly still could be. After all, our club seems to be run by pretty much one faction.
Naturally, these may not be governing factors on why our club continues to fail but, sure as heck, I believe they are contributing factors.

millersnose

Post Whore
geeze reefy

your 'its the catholics fault' dogma is really picking up speed.....

and here was me thinking we just dont have the player talent....

Frenzy.

Post Whore
The Popper said:
What a perfect thread for what I was just thinking. I was about to start a new thread but this one sounds similar.
I was talking to a bloke from Souths JL yesterday. The topic came up about why Cronulla can't win the comp. The comment came up `They've got no mongrel'. Then I thought back to my own involvement 20 - 45 years ago. He's right. I can't comment on real modern day play, but he could. And I recall how Souths and Dogs JL seemed `tougher' than ours back then. And Penrith JL was even tougher than that. Hard to put the finger on. Could be referees interpretations, or could be concentration on `pretty' play. Could be a bit of both or even more. Come to think of it, look at the contributions Davo made to the Sharks. He never failed to push the envelope.
Another factor, I believe, is apparent failure to encompass the whole of the JL. It used to be apparent, and probably still is, that factors other than footballing skill and talent came into play in selections. Instances of preferences for certain junior league and religious affiliations seemed apparent and possibly still could be. After all, our club seems to be run by pretty much one faction.
Naturally, these may not be governing factors on why our club continues to fail but, sure as heck, I believe they are contributing factors.

Good to see the penny's are dropping. There is nothing here Pop that I haven't written about on these forums over the years.

You can forget De La though Pop. Look for most future stars to come from Aquinas. The growth area of the Shire.

Sad as that is he's supposedly a professional footballer and if he wasn't mentally right to play he should of made a professional decision to miss the game. Actually it now looks like he put his footy first. I mean who was he doing a favour to if he played whilst grieving. Certainly not his coach, his team mates, himself or his employer.

I'm mean enough to take this as a further pointer towards his lack of insight.

carinashark

First Grade
I think the heart is there but the mongrel is not, and even when we buy mongrel it seems the player leaves it behind when he joins the Sharks! I really dont know how we fix this long term.
Players with mongrel .
Stapelton
Ross
Gallen
Tommo
Bird
De Gois
MMMMM all forwards. Pretty much all the above have been sent off in the last few years ( a definative proof of mongrel)

Those without the mongrel quality.
Simmo
Ciraldo
Covell ( seems not to need it tho)
The rest are still to be tested.

We have to start playing without Noddy and Simmo . Then we will win some games .