What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The NRL radio rights thread

skeepe

Immortal
I hate AFL as much the next person but how is MMM broadcasting the games any different then ABC doing Waratards games on a Sat night??

2GB only did 530 games. So many times you couldn't hear the game. Even taking their clashes out. 2GB have no excuse not take the games.

That's better then the coverage prior to this season that's a win for the game.

Sure, if you live in a city with MMM.

I won't start celebrating until I hear the plans for their Austereo affiliate stations in all other areas.

Diesel

Referee
Surely if the ARLC had any idea, they should be pushing Triple M AND affiliate stations to broadcast the game. This is in an age of Digital and Internet radio not just one station per licence.

Brutus

Referee
Yeah thanks for the official press release on the radio right decision NRL/ARLC.

Well done...

Flapper

First Grade
He hates AFL if I recall correctly. Certainly doesn't follow it with any sort of intensity.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Triple M will call the NRL All Stars match on Saturday, LIVE starting with a pre-game show from 7PM in Sydney, 6pm in Brisbane.

No other details from Triple M about the 2013 season - They say they are still signing people to join the NRL call team

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
Also, according to their twitter, it will be heard on 2WG Wagga, Star FM Dubbo, 2CS Coffs Harbour, 2GO Gosford, 2MC Port Mac, 2GZ Orange, 2RG Griffith, MIX Maryborough, and 4RG Darling Downs

Rosetta

Juniors
Triple M's team for the #nrl all star game is: @PaulGallen13, Sterlo, Joey Johns, Girdler, Ginnane & more. Sat 7pm NSW/6pm Qld

Interesting, no Sterlo on Nein for the All-Stars match.

Clarke

Juniors
I wonder how much Sterlo will actually do on nine with his commitments to Triple m and Fox now.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Quote:
Triple M's team for the #nrl all star game is: @PaulGallen13, Sterlo, Joey Johns, Girdler, Ginnane & more. Sat 7pm NSW/6pm Qld
Interesting, no Sterlo on Nein for the All-Stars match.

I don't know either way, but he still might be involved in Channel 9's call & might only be involved with Triple M's pre-game.

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
So nearly two weeks out from the start of the season, there's still no official word about what games MMM/2GB will be covering, or the shows/people that will form MMM's NRL coverage?

azsportza

Live Update Team
So nearly two weeks out from the start of the season, there's still no official word about what games MMM/2GB will be covering, or the shows/people that will form MMM's NRL coverage?

As of last week, Triple M were promoing that we would have details released this week some time.

Jeffmister

Juniors

I'm not sure if this was a generic list based on last year's talent list, but this list was included in Triple M's article about them having NRL rights:
Peter Sterling, Joey Johns, Ray Warren, MG, Matty Johns, Dan Ginnane, Ryan Girdler, Gordon Tallis, Tony Squires and Anthony Maroon will be part of Triple M's NRL on air team.

azsportza

Live Update Team
I'm not sure if this was a generic list based on last year's talent list, but this list was included in Triple M's article about them having NRL rights:

That would be just who was involved last year, not necessarily calling NRL matches.

Gordon Tallis and Anthony Maroon were already involved with NRL coverage in 2012 with their Saturday show known as "The Offload". Tony Squires and Andrew Johns were apart of the "Friday Footy Panel".

Having said that, I'd back Maroon to be the second caller - If for some reason Triple M aren't/haven't chased Andrew Voss

Latest posts