What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the number one hit forum for world rl

winnyason

Juniors
i have to say no doubt this is the number 1 forum for world rl news,
we have people, from serbia, jamacia, fiji, france, wales, usa, argentina, russia, germany, holland, estonia along with posters from the traditional heartland australia, england, nz. i am a little suprised we don't have any known posters from png, proably the lack of computers & internet available.

the growth is astounding at a amateur level, look at all the new outposts.
we need to be patient for the next pro league, my tip a second tier to superleague, with russian ,french, english, scotish, irish & welsh clubs.

to the next thing the trolls, eg woods 99 & his new wank of a friend go eagles these guys are obsessed with hating league they only post on the league's impressive int expansion post, the go eagles wank is in dream world he thinks rugby union will go pro in usa soon and get this believes rugby union is one of the biggest growing sports in the usa, last i checked usa espn sports news has never had a rugby union story on it, but i believe the kanaroos match vs tomahawks made the news. you are in the usa tosser, no one cares about rugby union.

ignore these idiots, more will come from the rugby planet scum.

goeagles

Juniors
A second tier to Superleague with all of those countries involved? Who is going to pay for all the travel to play in front of no one? You can be sure that no national league club is going to want to travel anywhere outside of the UK for league matches.

I am not a troll. I am a huge sports fan and rugby league rates about 4th or 5th beind rugby union, baseball, basketball, and hockey. I prefer it to American football, and would like to see it grow in the US, just not at rugby union's expense.

I only post on the League expansion thread on PR? Err....less than 10% of my posts are on there, probably more like 5%.

Where did I say I think rugby will go pro in the US anytime soon?

And yes, rugby union is one of the fastest growing sports in the US. At the U19 level, the growth is tremendous. Between 2000 and 2003, playing numbers increased over 300%. The only thing limiting even greater growth is a lack of qualified referees and coaches. At the beginning of every year, you will hear coaches say they've never had this many people come out to play before. One high school in Northern California has over 180 players at a school of 1100. They have so many young guys come out they don't have enough coaches.

A few of the Eagles players were on ESPN last year before the Wales test. USA Rugby has also recently signed a television contract with ESPN U (one of ESPN's many channels).

The Kangaroos were on one of the morning talk shows here. I don't remember seeing anything about the game afterwards though. What I do remember is that many people were claiming that 20 million people watched the game. These same people have the audacity to take shots at the IRB's press releases regarding viewing numbers of the RWC. Hypocrisy to the extreme.

And yes, I am in the USA. I'd say the approximately 100,000 people who play rugby here (many don't register as there is no reason to) have a deep passion for the game.

Anyway, the whole point is that I would like to see both codes grow here, so long as league's growth doesn't hurt rugby's.

I wouldn't expect an illiterate scumbag like you to comprehend much in this post, though.

Calixte

First Grade
We all look forward to the day union joins American football, baseball, basketball and ice hockey as a major sport in the USA.

Consider the fact that soccer continues to trail well behind those four sports and it has played a World Cup there averaging 65,000+ per match (1994).

Hope you can wait a while, goeagles. Maybe 100 years or so. :lol:

goeagles

Juniors
The difference being that soccer is boring as sh*t. Americans love contact games and a writer for America's most popular sports magazine (Sports Illustrated) wrote last year that we had been focusing on the wrong international sport (soccer) after seeing his first game of rugby at the USA-Wales test match last year. He went on to mention that rugby is the perfect international game for America.

Oh, and quit trolling.

goeagles

Juniors
You are really a bitter, sad person, the type that would rather see rugby fail and league fail rather than see rugby be a huge success and see league be a moderate success. Pathetic.

Calixte

First Grade
As if you know me, meathead...

Typical response from a union troll who has had the facts of life pointed out to him. Sorry to break the bad news to you.

Go back to your little dream world now.

Ta ta.

:D

PS. Next time you want to post such crap, I'll see you in TFC.

goeagles

Juniors
Perhaps you should stick to the TFC as you obviously cannot remotely engage in constructive debate.

goeagles said:
The difference being that soccer is boring as sh*t. Americans love contact games and a writer for America's most popular sports magazine (Sports Illustrated) wrote last year that we had been focusing on the wrong international sport (soccer) after seeing his first game of rugby at the USA-Wales test match last year. He went on to mention that rugby is the perfect international game for America.

Oh, and quit trolling.

A contact game? maybe you should promote rugby league then as the preferred code of rugby in america.

after all it has limited downs.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Guys, go eagles is definately displaying a RU wank persona, but don't fill up these forums with RU sh*t fights.

goeagles

Juniors
Kurt,

There is no doubt I prefer rugby union, but I like a bit of league. Just because I prefer rugby to basketball doesn't mean I don't post on a basketball forum from time to time.

vikingstorm

Juniors
goeagles said:
Kurt,

There is no doubt I prefer rugby union, but I like a bit of league. Just because I prefer rugby to basketball doesn't mean I don't post on a basketball forum from time to time.

I can reveal that Goeagles is a Union Troll and a poor one at that. - In fact I prefer to call them Terrorists

winnyason

Juniors
reputation is a big thing on the internet, my friend you must think i have a short memory, the league bashing you do on rugby planet? come on get real,
and hmm i wonder who woods 99 is maybe warnabal YOU ARE HERE FOR ONE REASON TO HATE LEAGUE.
you say league would prefer to see union fail rather than be successful, you would not understand, here where i am from in australia there is a big divide and it even stems to classes, while look at what union done in france when league was mainstream. union & the french govenrment should but won't pay compensation, or the antics in russia you cannot tell me the irb had nothing to do with it, or how about the recent story out of fiji, south africa in the 60's, why the game was not established in singapore all from the paranoid rugby union people. SO GET REAL GO EAGLES SHOW US YOUR TRUE COLOURS.

goeagles

Juniors
I don't hate league and I don't bash it on Planet Rugby. I do defend rugby union, however, when people come on there and bash it, just as I would expect you to defend league here when Wamberal aka Woods99 does his trolling. Fact is, there was no league bashing on Planet Rugby until Gort aka Paley came along bashing rugby union.

Feel free at any point in time to actually respond to the points I made in response to your post. You seem to have avoided them entirely in your misguided rant.

I am pretty sure you have a short memory, though, as you seem to have forgotten your lesson on run on sentences at school.