What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Office

Simo

First Grade
Does anyone else love this show??

Im not normally into British shows much but I absolutely love the office.
David is just a tool, but funny to watch
Gareth is the best dork since the guy of road trip
Tim & Dawn should be getting it on
Kieth is just so dull he is a cack
Lee is a loser
Finch is a loser

Funniest show and its different.

I was so disapointed after the 2nd series was the last and only 6 episodes in each, I watch them over and over on DVD though.

Browsing the website I just found out that 2 extended epidodes were made set a year after the last episode!

Does anyone know how to get these as im dying for every last bit of the show and they arent on either of the 2 DVDs?????

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Big fan of British humor. I hate the place and most of its people (that I've met) but it still produces the best comedy in the world. I haven't seen The Office yet but I'll hire one of the DVDS sometime soon! Have you seen -

Father Ted
Black Books
The Fast Show
The Young Ones
Bottom

Simo

First Grade
Ive only seen the young ones years ago. I will have to try and see some of those, do they have them on DVD??? Which would you recomend to try first?

There are only 2 seasons of the office and for the 2nd one to truely make sense (there are a lot of tie ins) make sure you get the first one first so you get all the jokes and follow the story properly. It is HIGHLY recomended by me.

B-dos

Referee
The office is one of the best comedy shows ive ever seen. i have both seriers in DVD and the final 2 hour episode on tape. my god i love that show. im going home this arvo to watch it. anyone who hast seen it, go have a look... Nice work Simo.

Simo i have the tape of the last episodes.. and its GOLD!

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Simo said:
Ive only seen the young ones years ago. I will have to try and see some of those, do they have them on DVD??? Which would you recomend to try first?
The Young Ones was good but Rik Mayall and Adrian Edmondson only really perfected their routine when they did "Bottom" a few years later. You can pick up a DVD pack titled "The Young Ones + The Full Bottom" which has all the episodes of both shows on it, which would be well worth acquiring. Some versions also have the other show they did "Filthy, Rich and Catflap" which while not as god as the others is worth watching.
"Bottom" is quite possibly my favourite show ever.

felix

Juniors
David Brent : Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

:lol:

B-dos

Referee
felix said:
David Brent : Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs. Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you wanna stay. I know, gutting. On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud. You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

GOLD!!

Simo

First Grade
B-dos said:
The office is one of the best comedy shows ive ever seen. i have both seriers in DVD and the final 2 hour episode on tape. my god i love that show. im going home this arvo to watch it. anyone who hast seen it, go have a look... Nice work Simo.

Where did you get it?? I only found out the show existed last year on a plane trip, when it was the show and i loved it straight away. Straight home and bought both seasons only to be crushed when I found out that there was no more only to be excited to learn there was one more episode only to be crushed when I realised I cant buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to send an email to them but the bloody website keeps sending round in circles with the contact us bit!

Great to see someone who loves it as much as me!!!

SM,

Thanks ill try to get a hold of it, sounds like good value.

Simo

First Grade
felix said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim Canterbury:Rings phone
Gareth Keenan: Hello
Tim Canterbury: Cock! (hangs up) :lol:

felix

Juniors
They used to show it on the ABC and i think they're showing repeats of it on UKTV.
but i got all the episodes off the net ;-)

B-dos

Referee
Simo said:
B-dos said:

Where did you get it?? I only found out the show existed last year on a plane trip, when it was the show and i loved it straight away. Straight home and bought both seasons only to be crushed when I found out that there was no more only to be excited to learn there was one more episode only to be crushed when I realised I cant buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried to send an email to them but the bloody website keeps sending round in circles with the contact us bit!

Great to see someone who loves it as much as me!!!

SM,

Thanks ill try to get a hold of it, sounds like good value.
Yep, it is, it wraps up all the storylines perfectly. I taped it when it was on UKTV (on Fox), but ive heard it was supposed to be on ABC if it hasnt been already. Id try contacting ABC for it.. or i can tell you what happens if you want.. hehe..

felix

Juniors
David Brent : There are limits to my comedy. There are things that I'll never laugh at. The handicapped. Because there's nothing funny about them. Or any deformity. It's like when you see someone look at a little handicapped and go 'ooh, look at him, he's not able-bodied. I am, I'm prejudiced.' Yeah, well, at least the little handicapped fella is able-minded. Unless he's not, it's difficult to tell with the wheelchair ones.

political incorrectness at its best :mrgreen:

astrogirl

First Grade
The guys at my office LOVE the Office.

For the longest time they were constantly quoting lines from the show.

They even went so far as to do the Brent dance in a restaurant :oops: how embarassing is that...

Southernsaint

Staff member
There was a Christmas special that aired on UKTV a little while ago, i think that's the "extra" episode you're talking about...

Gareth & that training seminar bloke:

“Gareth, quick test exercise, what's your ultimate fantasy?”
"what??"
“We’re just talking about our ultimate fantasy"
“Two lesbians probably, sisters. I’m just watching.”

:lol: :lol: :lol:

choc_soldier

Coach
Someones put my stapler in jelly again. It wasn't funny the first time...

I love The Office. Have the first series on video.

Actually, I'm a big fan of British humour. I have, on either video or DVD:

* The Office
* Goodies
* Monty Python
* Fawlty Towers
* The Fast Show
* The Brittas Empire

Other honourable mentions are Big Train, The Sketch Show and Spaced.

choc_soldier

Coach
SpaceMonkey said:
ParraMatt said:
Never heard of it before.
It was on ABC last year and everyone I know watched it, it was brilliant. Dunno how you could have missed it.

Yeah, Tuesday nights.

But it was up against Rove... that's probably why... :roll: