What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Dylan Brown thread

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Considering Brown is playing NRL at 18 and has been playing up ages for a few years now, I doubt it would have been that hard to spot him as a talented junior with potential as a 15-16 year old.

Delboy

First Grade
I was just going off what the Daily Telegraph, The Australian, SMH & Fox Sports reports that all say that it was Anderson who spotted him.

https://www.google.com/search?q=dya...rome..69i57.9214j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
All I can say is that he may have been signed while DA was in the position of football manager, mores the pity he was there. But Anthony Field scouted him and spoke to his parents and got his signature, organised him to come over and then did the work to get his sister and then parents to Sydney.

Believe what you like, that's what I know.

strider

Post Whore
All I can say is that he may have been signed while DA was in the position of football manager, mores the pity he was there. But Anthony Field scouted him and spoke to his parents and got his signature, organised him to come over and then did the work to get his sister and then parents to Sydney.

Believe it 110%

Gronk

Staff member

Sure he did. :p

m-WwjedAUGUMuI_017qAVJT43_XboRtdhcDaNZjL-VgC2RLRKPmVWojTmrzeOqHcdsaZwqBL29fvdxsYuSvdaptgcVxIyAAv7PIy_D4=w320-h237-nc

Delboy

First Grade
Sure he did. :p

m-WwjedAUGUMuI_017qAVJT43_XboRtdhcDaNZjL-VgC2RLRKPmVWojTmrzeOqHcdsaZwqBL29fvdxsYuSvdaptgcVxIyAAv7PIy_D4=w320-h237-nc

Gronk, we have agreed too many times recently for our own good.

Was involved heavily in the junior league during the reign of DA, and you have every right to believe what the media print. Let's just say they didn't do sufficient research. By the way the Anthony Field currently at Parramatta is the target of just about every club as a recruitment and talent advisor. The reason we have the current strong crop coming through is due to the job he started 5 years ago, have to say BA wanted the club built from the ground up and gave him the task of doing it.

No,need to put your personal collection of gifs up to make a light hearted point :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gronk

Staff member
Gronk, we have agreed too many times recently for our own good.

Was involved heavily in the junior league during the reign of DA, and you have every right to believe what the media print. Let's just say they didn't do sufficient research. By the way the Anthony Field currently at Parramatta is the target of just about every club as a recruitment and talent advisor. The reason we have the current strong crop coming through is due to the job he started 5 years ago, have to say BA wanted the club built from the ground up and gave him the task of doing it.

No,need to put your personal collection of gifs up to make a light hearted point :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It’s all good mate. I just could not leave an Anthony Field post go, without a Wiggles joke. :sunglasses:

Delboy

First Grade
It’s all good mate. I just could not leave an Anthony Field post go, without a Wiggles joke. :sunglasses:
Haha, I think he gets that a fair bit.

He is a real genuine bloke, if you get the chance, well worth a chat

Delboy is correct. I can still remember Fieldsy giving us guys at junior reps the heads up about this kid he had signed and brought over from New Zealand. Stuck him straight in the Matts team. He's one of the most important behind the scenes people at Parra. Must be kept at all costs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I heard an interview with Fields I think just before the 2017 U20’s GF.

He seemed a very impressive individual. He is also responsible for Mahoney as well if I’m not mistaken.

emjaycee

Coach
Was he trained by Nolan or is he the reason we were happy for Nolan to go?
From memory Nolan brought Field into the club in 2013 and after he (Nolan) left in 2014 DA took over the main/head gig of recruitment but Field was already there doing a Recruitment role and I think Elite Pathways. When DA left in 2016, Field was given the Head of Recruitment role.

And as an aside, Nolan was always going home to Brisbane due to family - we didn't stop him (nor could we have) as I think at the time DA was thinking he was 'da man'.

Gronk

Staff member
Interesting Podcast with Gus this week. He speaks for a while about Dylan Brown and what to do with a kid like that.

He sights examples of Daniel Mortimer and how we signed him for too much and for too long only to find that he didn't rise to the occasion every week as first thought..

He sights Adam Keighran as another example. Adam was on his books last year for 70K. Warriors approached him and said that he'd see some NRL, so Gus released him. After a dream debutlast week, do the Warriors lock him up for a healthy deal ? Or do they play the waiting game.

He said that some players get dirty from the waiting game. Saying that players who are on massive unders whilst playing FG don't like it when clubs take advantage of low contract values and don't pay commensurate salaries.

So do we sign Brown now or sit it out for a few months ?

My view is that we keep him (and his manager) in the loop, but don't pull the trigger just yet. It's a risk, because there will be clubs in his manager's ear already who will be making their case.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/podcasts/six-tackles-with-gus

Latest posts