What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Indie-rock thread.

Alex28

Coach
I really only put I&W below Spoon because there is not enough of it. 'Jezebel' (I&W) would rival 'Neighbourhood #2' (AF) of my fave songs from that album list. The guy was brilliant live too.

Balmain_Boy

When did you see him?

I couldn't make his Sydney show last year, I was absolutely devastated. Desperately hoping he returns, but i'm not holding my breath.

Jezebel is an unbelievable song, one of my favourites of all time.

Alex28

Coach
last year at @ Newtown - was a good show but wished it was a full band rather than just the 2 guys. worth seeing though. i've heard whispers of a possible I&W/Sufjan Stevens tour late this year, but still no sign of the Arcade Fire tour I am longing for...

c_eagle

Juniors
I bought the Architecture in Helsinki album today, gosh, even the CD graphics cheer you up a bit.

I also bought Blur's Think Tank and finally got a legit copy of OK Computer.

KulaShaker

Juniors
c_eagle said:
O, I downloaded the Decemberist's Picaresque and I give it two thumbs up. Another great 05 album.

Was going to mention that before CIG said it - I love The Decemberists. The new song Sixteen Military Wives is really good but I haven't heard much of Picaresque. Have you heard I Dreamt I Was An Architect?

warren

Juniors
I absolutley looove Pavement!!! how good is AT&T and stereo?
and im also in love with Death Cab
though I really dont like the postal service, its just something about them that annoys me
and im also getting into the shins at the moment, loving Pink Bullets

newman

First Grade
I have become a reluctant death cab fan. I really hated their shoe gazing insipidness to begin with, but have turned a corner and quite enjoy the "We have the facts and were voting yes album". The Postal Service is less great.

Anyone who thinks the new ......Trail of Dead album sucks hasnt got ears. Its not a patch on Source tags and Codes (their last album), but I mean cmon, what is?

My only regret is that when I saw them, it was the middle of the day, I wasnt drunk and they were suffering from the early day festival no volume disease.

If you are into that quiet emo jangle of iron and wine and bright eyes, be sure to check out Cursive, who in my opinion have perfected that sad and quiet but melodic ideal.

fish eel

Immortal
CliffyIsGod said:
Don't forget:

- Billy Corgan -- TheFutureEmbrace

Have you heard any of it?

What I've heard has a real joy division/new order/depeche mode feel to it.

Another good record out now is ryan adams, cold roses.

Alex28

Coach
Cold Roses is a good album - gets a little yokel for me at times but there is a fair bit of quality in there.

AIH is quality - I rate it quite highly.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
fish eel said:
Have you heard any of it?

What I've heard has a real joy division/new order/depeche mode feel to it.

Another good record out now is ryan adams, cold roses.

Yep, I have it.

The first song I heard was A100 and I thought Depeche Mode straight away.

Overall, I would says it's electronica-Machina if you want the Pumpkins reference.

Quality album.

Sun_Down

Juniors
The Shins
The Postal Service
Iron and Wine
Youth Group
The Thrills
Bright Eyes
Cary Brothers

All my favourites

fish eel

Immortal
CliffyIsGod said:
Yep, I have it.

The first song I heard was A100 and I thought Depeche Mode straight away.

Overall, I would says it's electronica-Machina if you want the Pumpkins reference.

Quality album.

Machina was pretty weak, had some moments but you could tell it was one record to many for that band, but still, just as long as Corgan's disc is better than the James Iha solo disc, I'll be happy.

I've just got my dancefloor tix for the enmore, so fingers crossed he goes into his back catalogue. It will by my 8th audience with Mr Corgan!

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
There is no way he will do Pumpkins songs. Don't get your hopes up.

And I just got my dancefloor tickets as well.
smile.gif

Latest posts