What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Indie-rock thread.

c_eagle

Juniors
Funeral is a 2004 album people, just because you didn't hear it in 2004 and didn't get a chance to put it in your list then, doesn't mean you can sneak it in now.

Alex28

Coach
I heard it in 2004 - check the official release date in Australia tiger.

In all reality for my top 10 of the year I won't include it, but it's nice to get a bite from music elitists who are anal retentive about the technicalities of music ;-)

c_eagle

Juniors
Alex28 said:
I heard it in 2004 - check the official release date in Australia tiger.

In all reality for my top 10 of the year I won't include it, but it's nice to get a bite from music elitists who are anal retentive about the technicalities of music ;-)

Who cares about the Australian release date? Am I not going to include a couple of 05 albums I really like because they haven't been released here yet? Maybe I should have my memory wiped of their existence because the hip hop generation hasn't accepted it.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
The Australian release date for Funeral was in 2005, so therefore, if you bought it legally, it is a 2005 release.

c_eagle

Juniors
CliffyIsGod said:
The Australian release date for Funeral was in 2005, so therefore, if you bought it legally, it is a 2005 release.

It's an 04 album, I heard it in like September of last year. Who buys music these days before listening to the album first? I spend alot of money on CD's but I have to like, even love, the album first. So yeh, Australia isn't really important in terms of the release of the album, it's to do with when the music was released for listening. There are plenty of albums which aren't even out in Australia yet, do they not exist?

Alex28

Coach
c_eagle said:
Who cares about the Australian release date? Am I not going to include a couple of 05 albums I really like because they haven't been released here yet? Maybe I should have my memory wiped of their existence because the hip hop generation hasn't accepted it.

er...am I talking to Abe Simpson now? WTF does "the hip hop generation" have to do with The Arcade Fire?

If it will make you happy I wont include it in any list I put on here in relation to Top Albums of 2005. However, it is clearly the best album released in Australia this year.

c_eagle

Juniors
Alex28 said:
er...am I talking to Abe Simpson now? WTF does "the hip hop generation" have to do with The Arcade Fire?

If the mainstream (i.e. hip hop generation) accepted a certain genre, the release would have been alot earlier.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
They were ok, the singer was a toss, though.

When he said he was playing the last song, I yelled out "good!!!"

c_eagle

Juniors
I'd like to add Sufjan's Illinois, The National's Alligator, Sleater-Kinney's The Woods, Clap your hands say yeah! (ST), Art Brut (ST) and Dandy Warhols - Odditorium or Warlords of Mars to my favourites of 05. I'm sorry for calling Illinois boring, it's pretty freaking awesome.

Latest posts