What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Indie-rock thread.

Balmain_Boy

Iron & Wine / Calexico collaboration is fairly horrible to be honest. Especially when you hear the original bootlegs, they're from about the same time as Creek Drank the Cradle and way better than the versions on In the Reigns.

I hope I&W goes back to his Lo-fi days.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Iron & Wine / Calexico collaboration is fairly horrible to be honest. Especially when you hear the original bootlegs, they're from about the same time as Creek Drank the Cradle and way better than the versions on In the Reigns.

I hope I&W goes back to his Lo-fi days.

I know what you mean, but it's alright nonetheless. :)

Balmain_Boy

Yeh, it's a lot better than the crap out there, which is a testament to Sam Beam. It's just a bit of a shame.

Have you heard all the home recording bootlegs cliffy? They're brilliant. Songs that didn't make th cut for Creek drank the Cradle. Some of them are brilliant nonetheless.

poita

Juniors
imo indie music=the most stale sounding music ever.From the production to the chord progressions used.Also 90% of them think they are the smiths.

c_eagle

Juniors
Andrew Bird - Mysterious Production of Eggs = WoW

The chrod progression leave a little to be desired though.

julian87

Juniors
Wow there are so many i like atm:

dinosaur jr
bright eyes
neutral milk hotel
okkervil river (these guys play in sydney on dec 2, check them out they are awesome)
rilo kiley
sleater kinney
matthew good
cursive
azure ray
alkaline trio
modest mouse
the shins
die die die
the grates
tsunami bomb
metric
sonic youth
hot hot heat
theredsunband

julian87

Juniors
(add death cab, iron and wine, ben gibbard and postal service to my afoementioned list)

Top 12 songs atm

1 Okkervil River - Black
2 Rilo Kiley - Better Son/Daughter
3 Tsunami Bomb - Lemonade
4 Bright Eyes - Lila
5 Postal Service - Such Great Heights
6 Dinosaur Junior - I Live For That Look
7 Neutral Milk Hotel - Oh Comely
8 Sleater Kinney - Oh
9 Die! Die! Die! - Ashtray Ashtray
10 Death Cab For Cutie - A Lack Of Colour
11 Metric - Combat baby
12 Ben Gibbard - Complicated (a cover of avril lavigne, it is f**king hillarious)

skeepe

Immortal
The only band I like who would vaguely fit into this category is Brand New... Deja Entendu was a masterpiece.