What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Official Maika Sivo thread

Did anyone see Phil Gould in the Ch9 after show last night ?

They were talking about Sivo and he added that Sivo came through Group 9 and then played for Mount Pritchard.

The f**king egomaniac could not bring himself to say that he played for the Panthers and that he let him go.

View attachment 28557
I saw that and thought Gus was trying not to be Panthers centric. I could be wrong.

parra pete

Referee
The game itself as far as attendance is concerned. Obviously, choking on dust around Hay for however long you existed there has clouded your ability to understand my intentions for a purposeful thread. I apologise profusely for inadvertently posting sellout (meaning as if a game is sold out) as sell out.

Hay Magpies have two Fijians imported for the 2019 season as well as three boys from PNG...I LOVE the Fijian race of people. They are friendly, caring, humble, polite and outstanding citizens. I had the pleasure of meeting Suliasi Vunivale in Melbourne earlier this month. What a credit he is to his homeland and the Melbourne Storm..And boy can't he play too......
Mate I was just having a dig at you...It would be fantastic to play an away game in FIJI

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He keeps improving, he already offers more than Gennings IMO.

He will only continue to improve.

TheRam

Coach
He is actually younger, bigger and taller than Semi.

Not taller, and we don't know if he is stronger or faster either, not to mention some of the freakish skills Semi would display from time to time.

But Sivo seems okay so far.

Gronk

Staff member
Not taller, and we don't know if he is stronger or faster either, not to mention some of the freakish skills Semi would display from time to time.

But Sivo seems okay so far.

If he’s only going OK, do you think that we would be better off giving George Jennings a go or maybe the lanky Ethan Parry ?

TheRam

Coach
If he’s only going OK, do you think that we would be better off giving George Jennings a go or maybe the lanky Ethan Parry ?

No, Of course not. So far he deserves his place in the team, but he is far from a cert at this stage of holding onto it.

He has a long way to go, but I like what I see so far, but there are moments during games that I feel he is unsure of himself, which of course is to be expected at this stage of his development.

Lets hope we keep playing well, so he has a comfortable and successful transition into NRL first grade football and we don't scar him and his development with crappy performances like last year. If we regress then who knows where and how the kid will turn out.

But he seems like a good one.

T-Boon

Coach
I like Sivo but wingers are getting bigger and I think in a couple of years the evolution of the wing position will mean he is too small, we need to be looking for a bigger version of him for 2021. I think the NRL needs to start recruiting wingers from the NBA.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yes but does Davey have as good a back story as Sivo ?
I think so.

Not a lot of people know this, but Davey was raised by a group of wild dingoes and didn’t learn how to speak until he was 15.

He got his break when he was rummaging through the bins at a football match at Mackay stadium and in a freak accident 4 of the cutter players contracted the Ebola virus at half time.

The coach was desperate and promised to give Davey a mars bar if he played in the second half.

Well, it turned out to be a masterstroke because Davey scored 4 tries, kicked 10 goal and ran for 200m in the second half. He got his mars bar and then promptly went on the become the future immortal that he now is.