What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Origin Bolters Thread

petetheileet

First Grade
I agree with Rothfield, he had hands like feet when he was at the Sharks.
Hes Pommeroy MkII

Wow two great points there....

Scott played how many games at the sharks 3 or 4 years ago?

Weyman was more of a liabilty than Scott in 06-07

If you are a full time RL player and work with Creeping Jesus every day, id say you are a chance to improve..

Wayne thinks Beau Scott would be a good inclusion...

Ultimate test tomorrow v Inglis

but this year he has easily contained Tahu, Morris and Tonga

A try saved is as good as a try scored...

Wayne is a Queenslander through and through.

Wayne would take Chris Lawrence in a heartbeat over Beau Scott at the Dragons. Lawrence would be as good in defence as Scott but is twice as quick as has far greater attacking skills.

Chris Lawrence is a must in the centres for the blues.

watatank

Coach
Forget where Bennett is from...NSW selectors should be listening to him tbh.

From the article about where he endorses Scott.

"He's an ideal player if they want to stop Queensland scoring tries in the key positions where they have been strong in recent years."

j0nesy

Bench
I heard that Wolfman is a bolter... Bolting straight out the door I hope.

On a serious note I would like to see Todd Carney get a run at 5/8th. The other bloke I rate is Dugan, not sure whether he is quite ready yet though.

Last edited:
Ridiculous.

Lawrence defence is good. He may have been weak in defence when he started NRL 3 years ago but now he is a good as anyone in defence. Not many points get scored down his side of the field against the tigers, wheras most of the attcking points are on his side of the field.

joseph1

Juniors
Josh Dugan, watch him go tonight! he will personally take care of the roosters and put any carney talk to bed

Big Pete

Referee
Who in their right mind suggested Sandow get picked?

I did.

Before the season begun.

Reasons were pretty solid.

Talented young half playing behind a great forward pack and with Cronk injured and Prince out of favour he may get the call up if form warranted.

He hasn't lived up to the hype and I'm wiping egg off my face.

Such is life. :)

D

Deleted member 10972

I know NSW have plenty of depth in the backrow - a starting backrow of Watmough/Stewart/O'Donnell, with Gallen on the bench and Luke Lewis as a halves/forward utility is plenty to go with four strong props, not to mention Dean Young, Mark Minichiello and Ben Creagh (seriously, if anyone suggests Laffranchi, Ryan, Hindmarsh, Simpson, Kite, Perry or White again, that'll do me).

BUT.

Mitchell Aubusson from the Roosters?

Yes he is only young, but I see a lot of Steve Menzies in him. Not a big bloke by any means, but he is a very fast and mobile backrower who hits WELL above his weight in defence, and can sniff out linebreaks and tries almost at will. He is in a tremendous streak of form this year too - I believe that in all but one game so far, he has broken the line at least once, and misses very few tackles.

Big Pete

Referee
I was thinking the same thing the other night Mack, when I put him into my fantasy team.

Would come in handy off the bench.

adamkungl

Immortal
I know NSW have plenty of depth in the backrow - a starting backrow of Watmough/Stewart/O'Donnell, with Gallen on the bench and Luke Lewis as a halves/forward utility is plenty to go with four strong props, not to mention Dean Young, Mark Minichiello and Ben Creagh (seriously, if anyone suggests Laffranchi, Ryan, Hindmarsh, Simpson, Kite, Perry or White again, that'll do me).

BUT.

Mitchell Aubusson from the Roosters?

Yes he is only young, but I see a lot of Steve Menzies in him. Not a big bloke by any means, but he is a very fast and mobile backrower who hits WELL above his weight in defence, and can sniff out linebreaks and tries almost at will. He is in a tremendous streak of form this year too - I believe that in all but one game so far, he has broken the line at least once, and misses very few tackles.

Before last season I picked him in my Origin side. Our form quickly put that hope to bed though. He'll be there in the next 2 years, i'm certain.

D

Deleted member 10972

Problem is that NSW have good depth already:

8. Weyman
9. Ennis/Farah
10. Tolman
11. Watmough
12. G Stewart
13. O'Donnell

14. Lewis/Gidley
15. Gallen
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Galloway

Considering that Simpson, Hindmarsh, Ryan, Mason and Bailey are over the hill, the depth is still good. With backrowers like Creagh, Minichiello, Heighington, and Aubusson, we still look very strong. Front row depth is an issue though. I don't rate Gibbs, King, Cross, Kite, White, Perry or Laffranchi as Origin quality players. I would look into Luke Douglas or Kade Snowden, or maybe Tim Mannah.

Cletus

First Grade
If we're talking about bolters I'll go for Tony Williams:sarcasm:. If they select Lyon for a centre spot I think Tony would be great outside him. Massive human being he is.