What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Origin Bolters Thread

I'd prefer either of them over Jennings. He got shown up completely by Tonga on the weekend, and his defence is still very suspect.

Lawrence is actually good defensively
, and offers a lot in attack too.

Finally someone who agrees with me other than Tigers fans lol.

Noa

First Grade
2009 Chris Lawrence was a great defender, but then Ive been on that bandwagon for a while.

20-07-2009, 07:31 AM Jennings or Morris will have to fight it out for one spot. Chris Lawrence is better then both of them and will be 1st choice center next year.

..some nuffies responce

:lol::lol: Am i in the comedy Inc. Website of Leagueunlimited?:lol:

And the difference in his attack is that Benji Marshall is actually giving him decent ball rather then playing for himself.

adamkungl

Immortal
Lawrence > Jennings and Morris.

Those two (and maybe Cooper, probably unlikely) can fight for the second centre spot.

Big Pete

Referee
I just hope the guy doesn't get injured.

I still remember his debut against the Broncos and his first game in 2007 where he tore the Storm up despite Marshall being off the field.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I will admit, I have never watched Lawrence very closely, but at the moment in attack, he seems very one dimensional. Attracts defenders very well, would like to see him mount some more strength and more footwork into his game.

andrew057

First Grade
Lawrence is good, but seems to be very overrated by many here. He's a good defender in the same sense Ben Smith was a good defender at centre. Theyre both great at making tackles, but their reading of the play is horrible, getting caught out of position, coming in when not needed etc.

In saying that though, it's a toss up between Jennings, Lawrence and Morris imo. I guess whoever shows the most between now and origin should get the opportunity.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Id say Tahu because I have faith that he can match and beat who ever he is up against. Attack and defence wise.

Looking towards the future is an important option though.

smacky

Juniors
If your looking at someone to mark Inglis you can't beat Beau Scott. But depends what the selectors are looking for in our backs. Do they want players to shut down the likes of inglis and folau then they would go with players like lawrence,cooper or scott. Or are they looking for all out attack then they will go for the likes of jennings and j morris

petetheileet

First Grade
Didnt think of that smacky

Put it this way....

what is gna help us most

Inglis is usually responsible for two tries in origin. If Beau Scott can stop him it would be two tries in our favour.

Is Lawrence/Jennings/Morris gna be worth 8 - 12 points to us???

Joker's Wild

Coach
The problem is not with who is marking Inglis but rather who is outside and inside the bloke marking Inglis.

Most of the tries that have hurt NSW have involved JT drawing in defenders, then Inglis drawing in both his centre and the winger, then his winger skipping freely to the try line.

Whoever is on the NSW right wing and the backrower defending on the right need to be top notch at both reading JTs running game and trusting their centre to make the tackle.

petetheileet

First Grade
^^True that^^

The inside back rower more so...communication needs to be real good

if Creagh and Cooper were right side that would be perfect

watatank

Coach
I agree to an extent...but I have noticed the winger was forced to come in more often because Inglis kept going around whoever was playing centre.

Big Pete

Referee
In time, Vidot should be better.

But Brett Morris has demonstrated more to me. Vidot still has all the hallmarks of a rookie and would be exposed in Origin if he was selected this year.

Latest posts