What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Origin Bolters Thread

Tommy Smith

Referee
Given the form of Manly's forward pack (they've easily been the most dominant in the comp so far) i see no reason why one of Perry or Kite couldn't join Watmough and Stewart in the Blues pack.

Im assuming that Galloway and Weyman are both auomatics but after those two i think the experience and form of Perry/Kite would come in handy.

zombie jesus

Staff member
I think Perry is very close, he played the last game last year and he's in good form. Don't think there is room for Kite at full strength, never really done much at Origin level.

Last edited:

zombie jesus

Staff member
Well they picked David Williams last year and that turned out great.

He's a massive bolter but if we lost the first couple of games I could see some really slim chance of him being picked:).

If he grew a beard, I could probably live with it. Wolfman and Bigfoot, a great duo, although he would probably look more like a bunyip.

Cletus

First Grade
If he grew a beard, I could probably live with it. Wolfman and Bigfoot, a great duo, although he would probably look more like a bunyip.

He needs an Undercover Brother 2 foot fro. He could be Froman.

I think Kite and Perry are both solters. Kite is probably going better than Perry at the moment but it's still early in the season.

aqua_duck

Coach
Kite has been useless in origin everytime he's played. He's not a bad footballer at club level but simply doesn't have that aggression and mongrel in him. To me origin is 50% psychological, if the opposition are intimidated than you've got a massive leg up, Kite simply intimidates no one.

petetheileet

First Grade
I agree with the form from Aubusson...but yeah, way too much depth for him to be called up....

would he be that out of place at right centre maybe???

joseph1

Juniors
Here are sone great players that wont get picked but if they were bolters would do a very good job: josh dugan, tim mannah, kevin kingston, todd carney, blake ferguson, chris lawrence, mark miniciello, preston campbell, jamal idris, matt gillett, alan tongue.

Would all be great but sadly selectors tend to pick the same old stale players every year, and when they make a gamble its only ever an average player playing for the best club, eg. d williams, turner, hoffman etc.

Finchy

Juniors
Kade Snowden should get a run. Best player for the sharks every week, which admittedly hasnt been hard to do, even against manly when the whole forward pack was getting dominated he was still breaking the line.
If he was playing for any other club he'd be a walk up start

petetheileet

First Grade
How would a team of "Old Heads/Experience coming out of arse" go????

1. Patten
2. Grothe
3. Cooper
4. Lewis
5. Minichello
6. Barrett
7. Kimmorley
8. Bailey
9. Tongue/Young
10. Mason
11. Hindmarsh
12. Gallen
13. Ryan

14. Hornby
15. Ryles
16. Simpson
17. King

Personally id be happy to know that team would not let you down, they would play with fire and passion!!!

11-12 of them are/have been club captains, plenty of big match experience!!!

How do you guys think they would go???

Vic Mackey

Referee
How would a team of "Old Heads/Experience coming out of arse" go????

1. Patten
2. Grothe
3. Cooper
4. Lewis
5. Minichello
6. Barrett
7. Kimmorley
8. Bailey
9. Tongue/Young
10. Mason
11. Hindmarsh
12. Gallen
13. Ryan

14. Hornby
15. Ryles
16. Simpson
17. King

Personally id be happy to know that team would not let you down, they would play with fire and passion!!!

11-12 of them are/have been club captains, plenty of big match experience!!!

How do you guys think they would go???

they would get their arses handed to them severly

joseph1

Juniors
Luke burt deserves an origin or two. 100+ first grade tries, great finisher, can kick, and solid on D

Rudderriffic

Juniors
NSW selectors do love picking blokes from Newie. With that in mind, the two best and most consistent so far for us have been Uate and Paterson. Both would almost certainly feature in the CvC at least (depending upon eligibility for both, Uate having just played for Fiji, and Paterson playing first senior footy in WA)

Didgi

Scotty Bolton for SOO if injuries come up. Expect Matt Scott to feature there as well.

Latest posts