What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Overated Thread

melbourne_belle

Juniors
okay more Overrated stuff:

Melbourne declaring itself the sporting capital of the nation yet there is absolutely bugger all mention of Rugby League until after midnight when all the sh*thouse sms flirt texting ads start up.

The NRL not trying hard enough to push the game in Victoria thus meaning f**k all people in Victoria develop an interest in it, thus rendering it viewable at ridiculous times like midnight and beyond.

Channel 9 for being softcocks and not trying to challenge the AFL by televising Rugby League live on a Friday night, instead opting to show sh*thouse movies like Miss Marple, Driving Miss Daisy, Fried Green Tomatoes, Harry Potter bullsh*t and other boring useless f**ked up movies that only appeal to the dead or almost dead.

The barrage of AFL chat shows on TV down here. I have 3 different Channel Nine channels, all show the exact same stuff, 7 different channel 7 channels, 5 SBS channels, 4 ABC Channels, and 5 TEN Channels. Can't we get Rugby league at a normal hour of the day on just one of these f**kING CHANNELS FOR f**kS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f**k it

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well welcome to something I have had to live with my whole life, stop complaining you've lived here what 5 minutes? :lol: I kid I kid

I get my league fix from the local comp here on Sundays, its not the greatest quality league, but has some decent talent and teams in the comp. The guys whos don't get into the U'20's side each week play in the comp.

Its the one thing I hate about Melbourne and now this cutie sh*t is making it worse.

If it were just Gallop that had to deal with this alone, I'd be worried, but considering that its on the Gold Coast and Michael Searle will be invovled, I'm confident that the NRL will come up with something to trump this. Give it a bit of time and I reckon Searle will come up with something good.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found 810AM just last weekend.

ABC league, live on the radio.

all isn't lost.

and melbourne belle, I lived near the Vic border (on the NSW side) for over 20 years, they sent that area AFL and Union, we rarely got league at all there, and now they have the same programming as the rest of Vic, so I am more than used to it ;-)

But after 5 years in Sydney and Brisbane you get spoiled and beg for more.

The good thing about Vic, The NRL Footy show doesn't start till well after midnight on a Thursday.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Avril's performance is (surprisingly) passable. Her guitarists can actually play a bit. Mind you, Fuel is pretty much Metallica's easiest song to play. Lars looked to be enjoying it at least. Sum41 did alright as well - impressed with the cover of Kirk's solo from Master of Puppets - I can't f**king play it! Limp Bizkit did the wise thing for mine and adapted Sanitarium to their own style - after all what's the point of a tribute that's merely a note for note cover? Unfortunately I happen to hate their style. I couldn't bring myself to even watch Snoop. I'll just assume it was utter sh*t.

In any case, Dream Theater sh*t on all of the above acts from a great height - they covered the entire f**king Master of Puppets album live (they also did Dark Side of the Moon and Number of the Beast at other shows). Here is their cover of Master of Puppets the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY1qYI3oY-0&feature=related.

Oh, and tribute shows are overrated - especially when done by MTV and hosted by Lisa Marie Presley (WTF?!?!?!).

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Limp Bizkit and Korn, as I said earlier were the better performers, purely cos they tried to adapt their own styles to the songs, imo thats what made them work.

I Thought Korn should have picked a different song with more power chords, They aren't known for fast riffs and solo's etc, just fast repetitive power chords mostly.

adamkungl

Immortal
Finally watched the Snoop Dog and Avril covers...

Avril, even though a sh*tty pop singer, might not have been terrible if she even sounded half interested, but she had about as much energy as me playing f**king guitar hero.

Snoop Dog....wow. Worst performance of anything i've ever seen.

I hate MTV

Joker's Wild

Coach
Nickelback, whom I farkin hate, actually did an ok cover of Sad But True

Still doesnt excuse them for the rest of the sh*t they play though

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Disturbed did an ok cover of Fade to Black.

Best metallica cover songs are by Apocalyptica. Would love to hear them have a crack at the Death Magnetic Album lol

Knightmare

Coach
LOL

Ain't that the truth.

They should run the video of snoop trying to sing that song and at the end have a guy say "This is what drugs do to you kids. Don't do drugs"

Drug taking will plummet amongst children immediately, and in adults too.

People will even stop smoking cigarettes.

:lol:

I think you have just uncovered the governments' new anti drug campaign!

Eelementary

Post Whore
okay more Overrated stuff:

Melbourne declaring itself the sporting capital of the nation yet there is absolutely bugger all mention of Rugby League until after midnight when all the sh*thouse sms flirt texting ads start up.

The NRL not trying hard enough to push the game in Victoria thus meaning f**k all people in Victoria develop an interest in it, thus rendering it viewable at ridiculous times like midnight and beyond.

Channel 9 for being softcocks and not trying to challenge the AFL by televising Rugby League live on a Friday night, instead opting to show sh*thouse movies like Miss Marple, Driving Miss Daisy, Fried Green Tomatoes, Harry Potter bullsh*t and other boring useless f**ked up movies that only appeal to the dead or almost dead.

The barrage of AFL chat shows on TV down here. I have 3 different Channel Nine channels, all show the exact same stuff, 7 different channel 7 channels, 5 SBS channels, 4 ABC Channels, and 5 TEN Channels. Can't we get Rugby league at a normal hour of the day on just one of these f**kING CHANNELS FOR f**kS SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f**k it

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!

I mean they don't even have a Super 14 franchise (union bores me, but the point stands); the NSW cricket side provides most of Australia's line-up; and Sydney generally surpasses anything they do anyway. :fist:

Yes!

I mean they don't even have a Super 14 franchise (union bores me, but the point stands); the NSW cricket side provides most of Australia's line-up; and Sydney generally surpasses anything they do anyway. :fist:

Lol, Spida Everitt or what ever the f**k that AFL merkins name is, was on the big sports breakfast the other day. He said that he really enjoyed moving to Sydney when he cam up to play with the Pink Pussies. He was particularly happy about the fact that their was more than just one sport to watch on weekends.

As much as I hate AFL players, at least that one actually called a spade a spade for once. It was quite refreshing to hear him say that he liked to watch a fair bit of League or Union as well as AwFuL.

Bazal

Post Whore
Freddy "Can't bat or bowl consistently enough to be called a batsman or a bowler" Flintoff