What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Parramatta Eels are odds on favourites for the NRL wooden spoon

Bazal

Post Whore
He won't make many rich when it gets to $1.01 at the start of next season....

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Differential of 7 points now seperates the wooden spoon.
Can we give it to the Panthers or Roosters by season end?

After Round 23 (Monday night game still to come for Newcastle & Cronulla)

Roosters 19 Points -152 Differential

Panthers 16 Points -175 Differential

Eels 16 Points -182 Differential

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
realistically i think we can finish with 2 wins and 1 loss out of our final matches.

Roosters could lose all their matches and i think Panthers will win next week against NZ but that'll be their only win.

that would put us at 14th if this comes true

El Eels

Juniors
We do NOT deserve the spoon..

Unfortunately sport doesn't always reward/punish on deservedness.

Eelogical

Referee

Well, actually, we do. Been last all year. If that doesn't qualify for deserving the spoon then what does? I hope we don't get it, but I was just pointing out a fact.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

I reckon for-and-against give the best gauge of a team's quality throughout a season, and ours is still the worst. If only by seven points.

Last year we definitely didn't deserve the spoon, which was reflected in our for-and-against being considerably better than both the Raiders and the Titans.

El Eels

Juniors
Not only should our for-and-against improve to get us off last in that regard, but look at who we have beaten so far this year. Manly, Cronulla, Penrith, Melbourne, Brisbane and Syd Roosters. Two top four teams, two other teams who should make the 8 and two teams down with us.

Penrith have beaten the Roosters (twice), Parra, Manly, Cronulla and St George. One likely top four team, one other likely semi finalist.

Eels Dude

Coach
Not only should our for-and-against improve to get us off last in that regard, but look at who we have beaten so far this year. Manly, Cronulla, Penrith, Melbourne, Brisbane and Syd Roosters. Two top four teams, two other teams who should make the 8 and two teams down with us.

Penrith have beaten the Roosters (twice), Parra, Manly, Cronulla and St George. One likely top four team, one other likely semi finalist.

Well if you look at it that way, Penrith have won more matches against teams they can compete against than we have. Beating top 4 sides is great, but it means very little if you lose matches to teams at your own level. If our poor for and against results in us getting the spoon behind Penrith then we can look back to a game in round 4 where they gave us a 33 point thrashing. If we do finish last we certainly deserve to.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
You are what your record saids you are....Mike Ditka
"You are because I say you are - I Am Because I Am"
Poo Poo Escobar
4 NBL Championship medals
6 NBA SuperBowl Championship medals
7 NRL GrandFinal Championship medals
6 Clive Churchill medals
6 Dally M's
2 FA Cup Championship medals
3 Mens Singles Wimbledon Championships

E_Cantona

Juniors
In the end you finish where you deserve to be. Every team gets dodgy decisions against them. In sport theres alot of `what ifs', but at the end of the game the scoreboard never lies.

Parra are exactly where they deserve to be at the moment, but Panthers will pip them for the spoon. It may come down to the final round, with a Hindy meat pie to save the day.