What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Passion of the Kevin

Perth Red

Post Whore
Any person at a club responsible for agreeing to a $1million or more contract for a forward should be instantly sacked! I mean for the money Titans are paying fifita they could have signed Brandon Smith, Nico Hynes and a 1/2 decent edge forward!

Mr Spock!

Referee
Any person at a club responsible for agreeing to a $1million or more contract for a forward should be instantly sacked! I mean for the money Titans are paying fifita they could have signed Brandon Smith, Nico Hynes and a 1/2 decent edge forward!
Im sure that Payten is glad he has Taumololo on $1 mill a year for the next 7 years....

Perth Red

Post Whore
for a guy who says"it's not a sport but a farce" you sure do post alot in a RL forum....
what's the go with that?
Where did I say that? Nrl isn’t a sport and the season this year has been somewhat farcical, as many agree. I’ve been following rugby league since 1980, so yeh I do have opinions on it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What is it then? a social gathering?
It’s a competition ffs. The sport is rugby league, despite what most dense fans think. Do you honestly not know the difference between a competition in a sport, and an actual sport??

blaza88z

Coach
It’s a competition ffs. The sport is rugby league, despite what most dense fans think. Do you honestly not know the difference between a competition in a sport, and an actual sport??

Would it be a sport if Perth had a team?

big hit!

Bench
Every club that Bennett has left has gone to shit, clearly the way he runs the team and football department takes it out of the hands of the people around him, yes they've all got people employed to run the football department I fully understand that but I am suggesting he runs everything from top to bottom .. it's just happened too consistently to be more than just his ability to coach the players

When Bennett left us we went from being a premiership threat to barely threatening to beat the local state cup team.. and that's been consistent with every other club he has left

Bennett is a great man-manager, not just an Xs and Os coach. That's what sets him apart from many who come after him at the clubs he has left. He has a consistent knack of making and keeping players happy, and they in return love him for it. Can Demetriou replicate that? We'll see. What we know is that Demetriou isn't coming in after a Bennett falling out with the club which happened at the Broncos twice and at Newcastle - well not that we know of anyway!

Seibold was on a hiding to nothing going up to Brisbane in the circumstances he did. Bailing on a current contract, starting pre-season with Souths for a couple of weeks and then shooting off to Brisbane once Bennett was finished planting the seed of discontent in the Brisbane playing group towards the the front office and the incoming coaching staff. Then suddenly, work for the players went from being fun for half a day to meetings with pens and notebooks and putting in full days with a bloke who goes from letting players play their natural game to a fully structured system. You reckon Darius Bennett wanted that in the last couple of seasons in his career?

Seibold tried to take that playing group somewhere they hadn't been before with regard to process. It worked at Souths because they were used to Madge but were over him. Seibold was already an assistant. He knew that the group could work, they just needed a change.

At Brisbane, he was like a tornado that reeked destruction on Wayne's way. He had a playing group who were against him from the start.

blaza88z

Coach
Bennett is a great man-manager, not just an Xs and Os coach. That's what sets him apart from many who come after him at the clubs he has left. He has a consistent knack of making and keeping players happy, and they in return love him for it. Can Demetriou replicate that? We'll see. What we know is that Demetriou isn't coming in after a Bennett falling out with the club which happened at the Broncos twice and at Newcastle - well not that we know of anyway!

Seibold was on a hiding to nothing going up to Brisbane in the circumstances he did. Bailing on a current contract, starting pre-season with Souths for a couple of weeks and then shooting off to Brisbane once Bennett was finished planting the seed of discontent in the Brisbane playing group towards the the front office and the incoming coaching staff. Then suddenly, work for the players went from being fun for half a day to meetings with pens and notebooks and putting in full days with a bloke who goes from letting players play their natural game to a fully structured system. You reckon Darius Bennett wanted that in the last couple of seasons in his career?

Seibold tried to take that playing group somewhere they hadn't been before with regard to process. It worked at Souths because they were used to Madge but were over him. Seibold was already an assistant. He knew that the group could work, they just needed a change.

At Brisbane, he was like a tornado that reeked destruction on Wayne's way. He had a playing group who were against him from the start.

He's more than just a coach or a good people person, he knows exactly what players he needs and he makes it happen, he essentially does his own recruiting. He recently went on record as saying TPJ was at Brisbane because of himself, you don't really need any more proof than that.

As a Souths fan.. you've got to be nervous with a halves pairing of Cody Walker and Anthony Milford, they're basically the same sort of player, does Wayne let Reynolds go if he's coaching there next season? I don't think there's a chance in hell that would happen.

Willie Ray

Bench
Where did I say that? Nrl isn’t a sport and the season this year has been somewhat farcical, as many agree. I’ve been following rugby league since 1980, so yeh I do have opinions on it.
Where did you say that?
post 8,067 Corona virus and the NRL... PAGE 404,
Perth Red---"Busy watching a very entertaining global sporting event.
NRL has become too much of a farce this year to care much about it."

same page...post 8,071,
Perth Red---"Not to be pedantic but NRL is not a sport."

And what you consider "opinions" is just your relentless whinging.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Where did you say that?

same page...post 8,071,

which is what I said above, it has become farcical in some ways and is the least I have watched in 21 years, and for the thickos NRL isn't a sport! Still love RL, always will, despite its constant ability to shoot itself in the foot.
Thanks for your interest in me, its very flattering :)

Generalzod

Immortal
Yeh its almost like we dont have to let top players go like Fa'asuamaleaui, Vuinivalu, Finucane, Hynes, Ado-Carr, Smith etc etc
Once in a blue moon lol, While other clubs have been trying to field a first grade team the Melbourne Storm even when Cronulla had won their premiership 2016 still basically has the same foward pack....Fowards do win games...

Last edited:

Generalzod

Immortal
Where did you say that?

same page...post 8,071,

Mate you not the only one I know a lot people who feel the same way, Is a coincedence that the ratings on channel 9 are falling..