What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Passion of the Kevin

Floodwaters

Juniors
He had them 12/5 and in 4th position. IMO they went to hard to early and there hit the Flemington straight and died in the ass, there got nothing left in the gas tank, seen it a couple times with the Dragons when Mary was coach.

Leaguenutter

Juniors
He had them 12/5 and in 4th position. IMO they went to hard to early and there hit the Flemington straight and died in the ass, there got nothing left in the gas tank, seen it a couple times with the Dragons when Mary was coach.
Trying to read this hurts my head

butchmcdick

Immortal
Since they shed

Lodge
Fifita
Ofahengaue
Coates
Walsh
Hunt
Pangai Jnr
Sua

and some others I can’t remember boy have they looked great

Kevin can manage a roster like Matt Johns can manage a pre season gang bang

Floodwaters

Juniors
Trying to read this hurts my head
There a tired football side, they were defensively one of the better sides all year now there averaged 40 odd points the past 5 weeks, no more gas in the tank.

Dragons under Mary for 3 years straight they were in the Top 4 until late season crashes very similar to this one.

wittyfan

Referee
Manly 2002.

Was a glorious final round afternoon at Brookvale.
Lol! 68-28. Also honorable mention to the Tigers who lost a must win last round game against Cronulla in 2019 after picking Robbie Farah on the bench despite having a broken leg.

Frailty

First Grade
The problem with Kevin is that his team went on a winning streak, and made the top 4. Then he decided he needed to change the team. How he persists with Turpin and Walters Jnr. is absurd when you've got Paix who had played so well in the season.

In defence, their success has been their linespeed (pretty much the same for Panthers). It seems to have gone away, and whilst I think Carrigan was a big loss, it started before his suspension. Teams have also identified Jordan Riki is awful defensively and have been exploiting that on repeat.

I'd also argue when your team concedes 60, you don't talk about throwing out the tape as if it was a one off when your team had been abysmal defensively for a number of weeks.

Fangs

Coach
We talk about teams imploding in a single game, but this is the biggest implosion in a post-Origin finals run I can recall witnessing.

The Sharks had some bad years under Stuart Raper. Think they lost 9 or 10 straight to finish the season and miss the finals one year.