What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Passion of the Kevin

Canard

Referee
You would have to think Payten is under a world of pressure compared to Kev with the way the two clubs finished the second half of the season.

The cows do not appear to have recruited well. If he has a poor start to the season the jungle drums may start beating fairly early.
For mine the Broncos and Bulldogs have both recruited high priced players and the pressure is on them to improve. The Cowboys should be wooden spoon favourites.

We have recruited essentially nobody (Townsend, who is one more heavy tackle away from medical retirement, and Hiku).

There only aim is to continue blooding youth, jettison the anchor contracts of Holmes and Maclean and hope to make a splash in the 2023 free agent market.

For that reason Payten has another 2 seasons at least. If Kevvie doesn't push for an top 8 spot next year he is in a world of hurt.

lynx000

Juniors
For mine the Broncos and Bulldogs have both recruited high priced players and the pressure is on them to improve. The Cowboys should be wooden spoon favourites.

We have recruited essentially nobody (Townsend, who is one more heavy tackle away from medical retirement, and Hiku).

There only aim is to continue blooding youth, jettison the anchor contracts of Holmes and Maclean and hope to make a splash in the 2023 free agent market.

For that reason Payten has another 2 seasons at least. If Kevvie doesn't push for an top 8 spot next year he is in a world of hurt.
Yep, I agree with you on that, unless the improvement shown towards the end of the year continues in the first half of next year, I can't see him being renewed.

blaza88z

Coach
You would have to think Payten is under a world of pressure compared to Kev with the way the two clubs finished the second half of the season.

The cows do not appear to have recruited well. If he has a poor start to the season the jungle drums may start beating fairly early.

Townsend is on roughly the same deal as Reynolds, that alone speaks volumes about how poorly the Cowboys have recruited.

The Cows are in for a bad period, they've got Taumololo who a few years ago was undoubtedly the best in the game but now Payten doesn't know what to do with him and Val Holmes who is still a good player but he's not good enough to warrant 1 million dollars a season.

Latest posts