What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Positives

Macko8

Juniors
I think we will win more games in the back-end of the season as henry will be looking to improve the halves combos,obviously work on not handing the ball over like we did.
And we had something like 41 missed tackles,if you miss that many tackles than you'll always lose imo,so perhaps work on that too.

Our first line of defence was particularly strong and people just have to take into account that this raiders outfit wont sparkle and shine overnight, we always knew it would be a different or hard season with the amount of players we lost, but i think we have signed alot of great players. Logan played strong(should start next week,drop tilse),Turner looks like a competitive kind of bloke and costigan and dunemann look pritty confident imo,all these players will take time to shine this year.
Also two of the manly tries came from 2 colin best mistakes,best really didnt get involved enough and best and purtell to me looked like they were always going to hand the ball over on the run back from a kick.

hrundi99

First Grade
Also, Best was pathetic.

Didn't go looking for t5he ball, and his "touches" were atrocious boith in attack and defense.

I know he can play better, but he has to work harder on this team than he did on the Dragons.

dubby

Bench
Positives:

Turner/Logan/Dunemann all played well. They are going to impress further as the year goes on. I liked the mongrel in Turner and Costigan.

Dobbo was ok. He looked a bit lost, but I beleive he will get better and better with confidence. He and TC both looked a bit frustrated and were off their games a bit, especially TC. He looked particularly distracted and his defence at times was ordinary,

CHalk displayed tonnes of guts and ran harder than some forwards...*Tilse*

FOr me, Turtell improved on last year.

That game reminded me of how we played against Redcliffe. ALmost identical actually. Then we came out and smacked the Tigers the next week....

dubby

Bench
Freddo said:
has sounded on joey and the knights season

hey atleast we wont get the spoon now

Dont respond to Troll magic mate, it lowers your IQ and body odour to the same level of them...

Evergreen

Juniors
I'm going to hang myself out to dry and contradict everyone on Tilse. IMO it was an improvement on his performances from last year - on many occasions he hit the ball flat and fast and kept the legs pumping in the tackle (something which wasn't a part of his game at all in 2006).

He worked his guts out for the time he was on the field, and drier conditions would have allowed him to use the offload that we know he possesses - well from what I saw when he was playing PL anyway.

A definite top 17 player.

*straps on bullet-proof vest*

Macko8

Juniors
Evergreen said:
I'm going to hang myself out to dry and contradict everyone on Tilse. IMO it was an improvement on his performances from last year - on many occasions he hit the ball flat and fast and kept the legs pumping in the tackle (something which wasn't a part of his game at all in 2006).

He worked his guts out for the time he was on the field, and dryer conditions would have allowed him to use the offload that we know he possesses - well from what I saw when he was playing PL anyway.

A definite top 17 player.

*straps on bullet-proof vest*

haha dont worry no one will blast you.
Everyone should express there feelings about the players performance no matter what.
I think howell played well but others didnt , its not all about one persons opinion and there correct,every opinion discussed on here should be taken into account.

Timbo

Staff member
Positive:

We are better than Easts and Penrith. At least we were in our game at stages.

Johns Magic

Referee
Freddo said:
has sounded on joey and the knights season

hey atleast we wont get the spoon now

We beat a premiership favourite without him.

You got belted by the Sea Eagles.

Looks like you're the one who needs some help.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
We beat a premiership favourite without him.

You got belted by the Sea Eagles.

Looks like you're the one who needs some help.

you beat a team with 12 men by one point, and only because they failed to put the nail in the coffin when they could have... hardly a masterful display... if i were you id let us worry about us, and start working out how to beat the dragons, a team you bloke struggle against with johns, let alone without him

now f**k off back to your cage, gimp

Johns Magic

Referee
Raider_69 said:
you beat a team with 12 men by one point, and only because they failed to put the nail in the coffin when they could have... hardly a masterful display... if i were you id let us worry about us, and start working out how to beat the dragons, a team you bloke struggle against with johns, let alone without him

now f**k off back to your cage, gimp

We weren't fantastic, I never claimed that.

But Canberra were(and are) absolutely sh*thouse.

Even without Johns all season, we'd be further from the wooden spoon than your rabble of a side.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Johns Magic said:
We weren't fantastic, I never claimed that.

But Canberra were(and are) absolutely sh*thouse.

Even without Johns all season, we'd be further from the wooden spoon than your rabble of a side.

Thanks for giving us an insight into the mind of a moron, i feel richer for the experience and will think twice before bagging stupid people out in the future.

now if i can reitterate the message earlier:

gimp :arrow: cage

jed

First Grade
Raider_69, Johns Magic, take it to TFC... we all know your thoughts on the issue

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: thanks all the same jeddo, but i think ill kick on around here aye... besides no need, i expressed my opinion that JM is a gimp who should return to his cage, and JM in turn conceeded and looks to have infact returned to his cage... moving on :)

jed

First Grade
Another positive - at least we haven't suffered the greatest losing margin of the season so far.

To Penrith! :crazy:

sydraider

First Grade
jed said:
Another positive - at least we haven't suffered the greatest losing margin of the season so far.

To Penrith! :crazy:

Im going to be an optimist this year jed but please dont come out and say those sorts of things before we take on our bogey team with a heap of injuries :lol:

jed

First Grade
Positives (other than the obvious):

• Last night was the highest score in the round (next closest was Storm and Manly)
  • Last night was our highest score since our 62-22 win over Souffs at the end of 2004, also our greatest winning margin since then
  • Also good to see us put a side away, something we struggled to do under supercoach